Freebies

Free Digital Magazine Subs (for Zinio & other formats)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2021 3:47 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6171 posts
10220 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
ValueMags now has Florida Travel & Life - https://www.valuemags.com/freeoffer/fre ... al-rdc.asp

Enjoy 6 issues of Florida Travel & Life. No strings attached. You'll never receive a bill. Please note, if you download the immediate issue after you submit your order, you'll receive one extra issue. That's 7 issues in all! Read Florida Travel & Life Digital on your iPad. Sign up and then download the Zinio iPad App.

In Florida Travel & Life discover the secrets of what makes Florida unique & attractive, from distinctive architecture & luxurious residential communities, to superb cuisine and world-renowned entertainment. This subscription to Florida Travel & Life was purchased on your behalf by Restaurant.com.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3200 posts
648 upvotes
Ottawa
This is a long thread, so I don't know if this has come up before:
Should I be able to read Men's Health with the Zinio reader on my BB Playbook?

EDIT: Whoops, this was the post I was looking for.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7168 posts
2829 upvotes
Calgary
I want to use Zinio with my playbook but I need some help.

When I signed up for a Zinio membership they sent me a sampler to download, but the link directed me to a page where I could choose: IPhond, IPad, Android, PC, Mac, but there's no playbook. Is Android the option that I should choose if I want to read it on my playbook?

I have also signed up a promotion offer to get sample magazines for a limited of time. In those links I was asked to download Zinio reader 4. I already have a Zinio app on my playbook so I assume the Zinio reader 4 for my computer?

Can someone clarify these for me? Thanks!
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
10543 posts
19512 upvotes
althetrainer wrote: I want to use Zinio with my playbook but I need some help.

When I signed up for a Zinio membership they sent me a sampler to download, but the link directed me to a page where I could choose: IPhond, IPad, Android, PC, Mac, but there's no playbook. Is Android the option that I should choose if I want to read it on my playbook?

I have also signed up a promotion offer to get sample magazines for a limited of time. In those links I was asked to download Zinio reader 4. I already have a Zinio app on my playbook so I assume the Zinio reader 4 for my computer?

Can someone clarify these for me? Thanks!
Normally a magazine is simply added to your account, so it is available on any device.

Using your Playbook, log into your account, and it should be there.

Zinio Reader 4 is for a computer (Mac/PC)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7168 posts
2829 upvotes
Calgary
IDStorms wrote: Normally a magazine is simply added to your account, so it is available on any device.

Using your Playbook, log into your account, and it should be there.

Zinio Reader 4 is for a computer (Mac/PC)
Ah thank you very much! I thought I must access my freebies via my email links. :lol:

Now I am in my Zinio list, once I click the down arrow to download, does it mean I can read it anywhere without wifi? I wish they could utilize full screen for the magazine display (I know it's a width/height ratio problem). I don't have problem reading once the page fills the screen but my eyes struggle with the pre-set frame (I have strabismus). It's a pain to have to keep enlarging/reducing the page to read the article! :lol:
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
10543 posts
19512 upvotes
althetrainer wrote: ...once I click the down arrow to download, does it mean I can read it anywhere without wifi?...
Exactly!

If you know you are going be out of a wi-fi zone, simply download the magazines first, and they will be ready to read anywhere.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7168 posts
2829 upvotes
Calgary
One more question. What the heck is Reference Error #1069? I keep getting it while reading my magazine! My screen gets stuck and I have to close the whole thing and start all over again. It's not too painful but annoying enough!
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
10543 posts
19512 upvotes
althetrainer wrote: One more question. What the heck is Reference Error #1069? I keep getting it while reading my magazine! My screen gets stuck and I have to close the whole thing and start all over again. It's not too painful but annoying enough!
Off hand, I really don't know.

Sounds like an error accessing your magazine, so I am only guessing here, but maybe your magazine was not fully downloaded,
and you were flipping through the pages faster than it was downloading. (happened to my wife, but without the error message)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7168 posts
2829 upvotes
Calgary
Hmmm... you probably are not too far off. I did flip pages too fast (advertisement) a couple of times but the screen only paused then resumed, without giving me the 1069 error. My suspicion is the constant zooming/panning. Once the page is zoomed in, it's extremely difficult to navigate directions - it jumps all over the place and it will take many attempts to get to where I really want to see. Good thing it's only a magazine; reading a book that way would be really frustrating! :lol:
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
22381 posts
7625 upvotes
Every time I click the deal news link it goes to Facebook. Do I need a FB account to access this deal? Not interested in one so if that's the case, it's no deal for me...