Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tim Hortons

Free Donut - Tim Horton - 17 May 2014 - 50th Anniversary

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2014 1:34 pm
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18224 posts
36610 upvotes
Scarborough
AJxCorrigan wrote: Yeah I'll definitely be going to Starbucks or somewhere else for my coffee that day, thanks for the heads up RFD!
I've set a calendar alert for that day to avoid it. Sometimes the line at the one I go to is 25 people deep. I can only imagine what it might be like on this day!
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
jerseylicious wrote: :facepalm:
Why would you want to gift wrap donuts?
To give as a gift.

Haven't you been following? :lol:
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
2270 posts
69 upvotes
Oh Yippee! A thawed out free donut. They have just not tasted the same since they went to freezing them.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
WL1980 wrote: Your mom pooped you out of her you know where and all she get is a free donut?
So it'll be a chocolate donut then...
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
1146 posts
418 upvotes
Leduc
not worth trying to get a free donut imo unless you know exactly when they refresh the stock at your local tims.

I hate that they recently increased their prices. Shits already priced at a premium compared to the competition and now you have to dig around for extra loose change to cover the increase where as it used to work out to even dollars.
Angela V wrote: Oh Yippee! A thawed out free donut. They have just not tasted the same since they went to freezing them.
it sucks but they're still better than the slop places like safeway sell.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
3 pages and no confirmation or official page? And just BC??
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2006
1563 posts
273 upvotes
When it was free ice cream day here (only one location had ice cream) there were barely any lines likely due to people thinking their would be lines. With so many normal locations here, I will take my chances!
Psygineer = Psychological Engineer, when A.I. gets strong enough, I will be the first in the field of Android counseling.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Psygineer wrote: When it was free ice cream day here (only one location had ice cream) there were barely any lines likely due to people thinking their would be lines. With so many normal locations here, I will take my chances!
Obvious question... where's "here"? ;)
Dec 12, 2009
63 posts
29 upvotes
Stirling
Re: "3 pages and no confirmation or official page? And just BC??"

You're right: so far, this is all just a rumour someone "heard in BC."
It has now spread to other freebie websites, but none of them -- not a single one anywhere -- mentions the source. It's certainly not on the Tim Horton's website.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
2270 posts
69 upvotes
microwave wrote: not worth trying to get a free donut imo unless you know exactly when they refresh the stock at your local tims.

I hate that they recently increased their prices. Shits already priced at a premium compared to the competition and now you have to dig around for extra loose change to cover the increase where as it used to work out to even dollars.

it sucks but they're still better than the slop places like safeway sell.
Unless you are like me and have a local bakery that bakes everyday. The Timmies is actually closer to our house but the kids want the REAL donuts.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17423 posts
12773 upvotes
Toronto
YLSF wrote: 3 pages and no confirmation or official page? And just BC??
Bruce Fraser wrote: You're right: so far, this is all just a rumour someone "heard in BC."
It has now spread to other freebie websites, but none of them -- not a single one anywhere -- mentions the source. It's certainly not on the Tim Horton's website.
+1
seems bogus
Jul 25, 2011
778 posts
213 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Bruce Fraser wrote: Re: "3 pages and no confirmation or official page? And just BC??"

You're right: so far, this is all just a rumour someone "heard in BC."
I found this: http://insidetimmies.com/2014/05/06/tim ... ake-donut/

it's an instagram photo...but seems legit enough?
Jan 17, 2010
28 posts
5 upvotes
Montreal
I can confirm this. Free birthday cake donut (as the poster above linked to), 1 per customer per visit, from 6am to 10pm this Saturday. No purchase necessary. If you'd prefer a different donut, just ask the employee, and it shouldn't be an issue. Since they'll be pumping out fresh donuts every few minutes, freshness shouldn't be a concern.
May 11, 2014
20 posts
2 upvotes
East York, ON
Just BC?? It's not mentioned on tim horton's website.
Feb 21, 2012
239 posts
167 upvotes
Gananoque, ON
It seems to be across Canada, but only "at participating restaurants" and "while quantities last". I haven't seen the poster at my local Timmies.
Dec 30, 2013
70 posts
87 upvotes
I can confirm that at the Tim Hortons at West Mall and Burnhamthorpe in Toronto, the screens showing the prices changed to a 50th Anniversary Join us for a free birthday donut May 17.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9101 posts
4566 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
I see on Yonge-Dundas Square there's a "50th anniversary Tim Hortons" trailer.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11318 posts
3866 upvotes
Nowhere
deal_with_singh wrote: I'm assuming the homeless can't afford to drive....so I'll just go through the drive through :)
There are many homeless people who have cars. People tend to move to their car before they end up on the streets. There are also homeless people who have jobs too but just can't afford to put a roof over their heads.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Cheap Cat wrote: There are many homeless people who have cars. People tend to move to their car before they end up on the streets. There are also homeless people who have jobs too but just can't afford to put a roof over their heads.
It's difficult for anybody to own a home at today's prices. Most have to settle for renting from the bank, in the form of a mortgage. If the bank don't cooperate though, you're out on the street.