Enpass Password Manager free for today [Android Only?]

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
100%
Expiry:
January 12, 2016
From AndroidPolice
"When we wrote about our favorite apps to use during 2015, one of my picks was Enpass Password Manager. Many of you had lots of questions about that choice, asking me to explain my reasoning behind not liking LastPass or to compare Enpass to other similar solutions. If you were intrigued by Enpass then and wanted to either give it a try or at least look into how it works, now's your chance to do so. Enpass' Pro mobile license is free to unlock today on Android and all I can say is that I've been happy with it for almost a year and I don't regret plucking the full $9.99.

All you have to do to get your free license today is download the app, say you're a new user, enter a master password for it (which you'll later use to unlock your sensitive data), then you'll be immediately asked if you'd like to unlock the Pro version. Pick a Google account and the license will be attached to it so you can use it on any other Android device. The promo comes courtesy of myAppFree but you don't need that installed to get the offer."

AndroidPolice

**It may only be for Android only. Google account also required to keep premium access**
39 replies
Apr 14, 2015
134 posts
39 upvotes
Weyburn, SK
just use lastpass
[OP]
May 25, 2012
25 posts
65 upvotes
Brampton, ON
mf4361 wrote: just use lastpass
Agreed, but this might be a good opportunity for people to jump ship after Lastpass was bought out by LogMeIn.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2677 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't know how anyone can trust any of these password keepers. Lastpass was hacked last year. Today the news says that Trend Micro's password keeper in their AV package is a gaping security hole that allows all your passwords to be stolen easily - oh, and it also allows remote code execution on your system by any web site. The evidence has shown over and over that you cannot completely trust the security of any product or service, but most especially you should not trust closed-source commercial products in this area. They are a disaster waiting to happen.

I'm pretty sure it's not a good idea to put all your passwords in one place at all, but for most people it's impractical to do otherwise. I put my passwords in an encrypted text file generated by a trusted open-source encrypter using a standard encryption. I double check that no temporary files are left cached anywhere after accessing it. I never pass it between systems in unencrypted format, and it never goes anywhere on the internet even in encrypted form, not even to the most trusted cloud service.

As for Android, it's one giant security hole. You should be paranoid about doing anything on Android that needs high security.
Apr 14, 2015
134 posts
39 upvotes
Weyburn, SK
Sunny409 wrote: Agreed, but this might be a good opportunity for people to jump ship after Lastpass was bought out by LogMeIn.
True that was a unsettling fact. But at least they have been quite forthcoming with the acquisition and their future down the road. Until it goes down the path we all fear, I don't see a point to move just yet.

I don't see anywhere it mentions 2FA on enpass? That's my whole point of using Lastpass.

And:

If you forget your master password, there is no way to recover your data.

That is not assuring.
May 11, 2011
676 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
Only for Android?
Life is a play. Everyone deserves an Oscar.
[OP]
May 25, 2012
25 posts
65 upvotes
Brampton, ON
"Only for Android?"

I'm trying to see if any apple sites are reporting this offer. Right now I believe that it's for both Android and Apple but if it happens to only be for Android I will update the post.
May 11, 2011
676 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
Only for Android?
Life is a play. Everyone deserves an Oscar.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1550 posts
2579 upvotes
JamesA1 wrote: I don't know how anyone can trust any of these password keepers.
I put my passwords in an encrypted text file generated by a trusted open-source encrypter using a standard encryption.
Um. I'm not familiar with Enpass, but this (i.e. saving all your files to an encrypted file) is exactly what many password managers are doing. I agree that users should be very careful with password managers that save data on their servers, but many (e.g. 1Password, which I use) save the file locally (you can also save on Dropbox or iCloud to facilitate functionality). The advantage of using a password manager is convenience: it's a lot of effort to encrypt files, etc. and the browser plugins and mobile apps that many password managers have are super convenient.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4513 posts
1194 upvotes
Kitchener
Keepass2, free and open source with Android / Firefox implementations.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Mar 21, 2012
120 posts
93 upvotes
MARKHAM
Thundercloud wrote: Keepass2, free and open source with Android / Firefox implementations.
This is what I use, I love the fact that it's open-source so my password database is kept offline away from corporate servers (big hacker target on their back). I just drop the tiny database file on every device I use, and in my dropbox (or any cloud you want) just in case. The android app works very well and is very convenient, no issues so far after two years.

Unlike Enpass it naturally supports any cloud storage, even bittorrent sync cloud whereas Enpass seems limited to a few cloud options.

Also a big feature Enpass seems to missing is Autofill on PC. It looks like it's an upcoming feature, but it is already present on Keepass where if set up properly, just press Ctrl+Alt+A to login and done. This can't be done on Android, but there's probably an app that supports it.

Enpass looks fancier, but for simplicity Keepass works great.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1459 posts
832 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
JamesA1 wrote: I don't know how anyone can trust any of these password keepers. Lastpass was hacked last year. Today the news says that Trend Micro's password keeper in their AV package is a gaping security hole that allows all your passwords to be stolen easily - oh, and it also allows remote code execution on your system by any web site. The evidence has shown over and over that you cannot completely trust the security of any product or service, but most especially you should not trust closed-source commercial products in this area. They are a disaster waiting to happen.

I'm pretty sure it's not a good idea to put all your passwords in one place at all, but for most people it's impractical to do otherwise. I put my passwords in an encrypted text file generated by a trusted open-source encrypter using a standard encryption. I double check that no temporary files are left cached anywhere after accessing it. I never pass it between systems in unencrypted format, and it never goes anywhere on the internet even in encrypted form, not even to the most trusted cloud service.

As for Android, it's one giant security hole. You should be paranoid about doing anything on Android that needs high security.
You got me paranoid now. I use keepass but I occasionally email the database file to myself. Should I assume that it has been intercepted and cracked?
Mar 7, 2011
830 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
mf4361 wrote: just use lastpass
This is free for the premium where as lastpass is paid.