Toronto

Free Google Play / iOS App - Teach Your Monster to Read: Phonics & Reading Game

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
100%
Expiry:
February 28, 2020
So I have very little experience in recommending apps. Mostly because rarely do I spend enough time with them to be able to recommend them. This one isn't the exception, but it came recommended to me by a friend. The reviews also seem high, so many another user can jump in and back up the claim. I just downloaded it. Not tried it out yet, but it's free, so why not. Also, I see it's from a UK based company. So does this mean my kid will learn to speak English with an "English" accent? lol

Teach Your Monster to Read: Phonics & Reading Game
Regular: $6.99
Now: Free

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mapp&hl=en (not sure when until)
iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/teach-you ... d828392046 (says it's Free until Feb 28)

Description from Google Play:
Teach Your Monster to Read is an award-winning phonics and reading game that’s helped millions of children learn to read.
• Parents have seen significant improvements in their children’s literacy within weeks.
• Teachers claim it’s a wonderful and captivating classroom tool that helps their students learn to read.
• Kids love making their monster and teaching it read. They learn through play.

TOP FEATURES
• Complements Phases 2-5 of UK Government-approved Letters and Sounds and other major systematic synthetic phonics programmes.
• Absolutely no in-app purchases, hidden costs or in-game adverts. Perfect for kids!
• Suitable for ages 3-6.
• Designed in collaboration with reading experts from Roehampton University.

unnamed.jpg
unnamed2.jpg
7 replies
Apr 6, 2017
605 posts
1003 upvotes
I think it has always been free. Either way it’s a good app. Well designed and easy for the kids to navigate.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1825 posts
338 upvotes
It's not always free. They make it free about twice per year. The sale usually lasts 7 days. Great reading app for early readers. It truly does engage children.
Dec 20, 2016
69 posts
109 upvotes
Can confirm this is a great app. My kids love it and its even worth it when it is a paid app. I do wish there was a North American accent though because the pronunciation with the British accent can throw them off sometimes. But if you're sitting with your kids while they play the game you can "translate" for them Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Sep 12, 2013
4 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Are they implying my kid is a monster with the title of this app?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2764 posts
3016 upvotes
Willempje wrote: Are they implying my kid is a monster with the title of this app?
No, but maybe you are ;).
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1258 posts
2023 upvotes
Toronto
We tried using it with my son today. He's 4, and really liked it. It does have an English accent. But hey, I guess that means we'll get proper Canadian spelling of words like Neighbour!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1258 posts
2023 upvotes
Toronto
Just bringing this back up because it might expire tomorrow. When I downloaded it on my iPhone, it had said "free until Feb 28th". So not sure if they will live up to that threat, but just in case they do, figured I would bump this.