Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 1, 2004
1182 posts

FREE Green tea to anyone interested??

hello people,

I am just wondering, if any of u guyz know where i can find Orginal Green Tea in toronto?

Like i know some stores, sell this boxed green tea..which tastes horrible., its like the 60% of the real green tea taste is not there at all!

Cuz, I remember this chinese woman got original green tea from china. She had actual leaves with her.. The taste was certainly great!

So, the china town would have it :?: any other places?

ur input is appreciated.
thanks
dino.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2004
3488 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
are you talking about the actual leaves as opposed to ones that come in packages?

If you go to pacific mall you should be able to find it in there or market village. Theres a tea shop in each that sells the actual leaves.

T&T should carry em also.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 1, 2004
1182 posts
GemInite wrote:are you talking about the actual leaves as opposed to ones that come in packages?

If you go to pacific mall you should be able to find it in there or market village. Theres a tea shop in each that sells the actual leaves.

T&T should carry em also.
Ahh.. Sorry.. i am kinda inexperienced here. So, leaves are better than ones that come in packages right? Cuz, god knows..what they have in those tea bags. They could be mixed with some other normal cheap leaves too right??

cuz, besides the originals, a lot of products manufactured in china, are also fake.

Ya i have seen a bunch of tea stores in pacific mall which sell green tea. But, I am really afraid and sceptical of those boxed tea.

To have a tea bag is very convenient, only if i could find orginal green tea in that tea bag.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
the more expensive the tea, the better it tastes.

I think that Raymond Wong's tea tastes the best.
TenRen and Assamiea Tea are good also.

Raymond Wong & Tea
416-335-0741
850 Tapscott Road (between Finch and Mcnicoll)
Scarborough, ON

Raymond Wong & Tea
905-305-6878
3255 Hwy 7 (between Warden and Woodbine)
First Markham Place shopping mall
Markham, ON

TenRen's Tea
http://www.tenrenstea.com/WMCshop.cgi

Ten Ren Tea & Ginseng Co Ltd (Markham)
905-305-9806
4300 Steeles Avenue East,
Markham, ON

Ten Ren Tea Co (Toronto) Limited
416-598-7872
454 Dundas Street West,
Toronto, ON

Ten Ren Teatime Inc
905-305-8332
3636 Steeles Avenue East,
Markham, ON

Ten Ren Teatime Inc
905-305-8798
7070 Warden Avenue,
Markham, ON

Ten Ren's Tea Time
416-229-1688
5095 Yonge, ON

Ten Ren's Tea Time
416-782-8288
1 Yorkdale Road,
North York, ON

Assamiea Tea (Scarborough Town)
416-296-9882
2-300 Borough Drive,
Scarborough, ON

Chinese supermarkets sell teas from Taiwan and Japan.
They are generally cheaper in price and taste alright but not as good as the more expensive tea from tea shops.
Mar 10, 2003
211 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
nexus-6 wrote:hello people,

I am just wondering, if any of u guyz know where i can find Orginal Green Tea in toronto?

Like i know some stores, sell this boxed green tea..which tastes horrible., its like the 60% of the real green tea taste is not there at all!

Cuz, I remember this chinese woman got original green tea from china. She had actual leaves with her.. The taste was certainly great!

So, the china town would have it :?: any other places?

ur input is appreciated.
thanks
dino.
I think that you have to know how to prepare the green tea properly in order for it to taste good as well...not just buying expensive leaves
Mok
Dec 10, 2005
26 posts
3 upvotes
Waterloo
What is the difference between chinese green tea, and japanese green tea. I'm not talking about matcha... or is that the only kind of jap green tea there is?

Someone gave me this green tea that they got in japan... and I can't find it anywhere! I even tried to find it in Japan, but I think they stopped making it. I'm pretty sure it's not matcha, because the tea doesn't have that green colour to it. It's not whole leaves. It's almost like a powder, but not as fine, and doesn't dissolve, so I always had to make it with a coffee filter. Does anyone know where I could get a tea like this, or can reccomend something that might be similiar?
Jul 27, 2004
816 posts
112 upvotes
yeah, my parents prefer to get their tea directly from japan... even the japanese markets here don't offer the same quality tea...

one thing to keep in mind is the quality of water. use filtered water, not straight tap water.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
rfd_addikt wrote:Someone gave me this green tea that they got in japan... and I can't find it anywhere! I even tried to find it in Japan, but I think they stopped making it. I'm pretty sure it's not matcha, because the tea doesn't have that green colour to it. It's not whole leaves. It's almost like a powder, but not as fine, and doesn't dissolve, so I always had to make it with a coffee filter. Does anyone know where I could get a tea like this, or can reccomend something that might be similiar?
Konacha
http://infuzeteahousecom.nationprotect. ... =green_tea

http://www.bodyofmine.com/teas/Green_te ... onacha.htm

http://www.teainc.com/greentea/Konacha/konacha.html

http://sencha.com/konacha.html
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
6809 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
has anyone tried green tea where it was almost frothy like? The traditional green tea that gets whisked with some brush.
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3627 posts
764 upvotes
Ogata wrote:has anyone tried green tea where it was almost frothy like? The traditional green tea that gets whisked with some brush.
You mean matcha, it's pretty good stuff.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2004
3488 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
sceptical about tea? Woah paranoid just a little?

Just buy a few different ones until you find one you like.
Dec 10, 2005
26 posts
3 upvotes
Waterloo
Thanks so much for the links! :lol:
At least now I know what I'm looking for!
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 1, 2004
1182 posts
My brother got this green tea recently, which is like MADE in JAPAN.

Its pretty good actually. Well, compared to those crappy boxed ones i got for really cheap price..

This one is not boxed, but bagged with green tea powered and steamed i beleive.

Apparently, when i asked him where he got it from? He answered, "No Frills" LOL!

I was like WTF. I didnt know No Frills sold Green Tea. Guess what the price was only $6.

So, not a bad deal i think. But, i am yet to learn a lot about green tea. I hope and pray that i will try learn and try different kinds of Green tea, kinda like Wine.. to learn more about them.. :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 1, 2004
1182 posts
ah man. what the hell.

I went to the oriental supermarket near denison yesterday.

So, i saw this..huge rack of green tea. Mostly all of them were pretty cheap from $2 to $3.

The most expensive one i saw was this "Prince of peace" premium Green Tea. for $4.99. It came with tea bags.

came home, tried it. IT SUCKED!!

It just was nothing in taste compared to SenCha japanese green tea. It has a very light flavor to it.. i dont know why??

Man that sucks. On the box, it said, premium green tea. damn..i thought maybe higher quality..and maybe more flavor.

didnt turnout to be true i guess.