Expired Hot Deals

FREE HOME PHONE LINE for the first 5000 Residents from Toronto or Montreal

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2013 4:25 pm
Aug 2, 2006
156 posts
4 upvotes
Downloaded and worked fine (original email went to my spam).

As everyone else is saying I can call out but incoming does not work for now.

I couldn't get it to work with my Bluetooth headset though (Skype does). I changed the default speakers/mic of my PC to use Bluetooth but doesn't work. I guess that would be pushing it for a free product.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2244 posts
524 upvotes
Halton
any update with ATA/Asterisk support?
Jul 30, 2006
19 posts
Anyone able to get incoming calling working? The caller still doesn't seem to connect, it keeps ringing...even after the call is accepted.
Dec 19, 2007
34 posts
1 upvote
systros wrote: Anyone able to get incoming calling working? The caller still doesn't seem to connect, it keeps ringing...even after the call is accepted.
This one will be fixed next week, we need some of the staff back from Christmas and we will release an upgrade to the phone which will repair it.

thanks,
Jun 19, 2007
36 posts
11 upvotes
Ajax
Roadius:

When can we see configurations for VoIP routers?

Thanks and a wonderful service you have!!
Jun 19, 2007
36 posts
11 upvotes
Ajax
If we could get our VoIP ATAs to be configured to FreePhoneLine it would be perfect! :)

I hope we see configs coming out soon!
Dec 19, 2007
171 posts
19 upvotes
far away
1. not working in vista.

2. one phone #(account), receive another phone # call. steps to repeat:
a. register 2 phone #(using different emails, different info. same password), you will get 2 phone #, i.e. 416 000 0001, 416 000 0002
b. reboot you pc
c. log in as 416 000 0001, incoming call not working(known bug), outcoming call fine
d. click menu, change user to 416 000 0002(account)
e. call 416 000 0001 using my home phone, the program will pick up the call!!! a bug???

p.s after rebooting pc, log in either account, then call the other number, the program will correctly respond as "the person you are trying to reach
is not available...."
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
23785 posts
5459 upvotes
where I belong
huangpu wrote: 1. not working in vista.
I had it installed on 2 Vista machines (1 desktop 1 laptop)
FreePhoneLine app works fine on both (I just made test calls to confirm)
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Jul 30, 2006
19 posts
roadius wrote: This one will be fixed next week, we need some of the staff back from Christmas and we will release an upgrade to the phone which will repair it.

thanks,
Thanks Roadius...appreciate the reply and look forward to the fix
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2244 posts
524 upvotes
Halton
21:24 EST...

Website down, phone down...
Dec 19, 2007
34 posts
1 upvote
huangpu wrote: 1. not working in vista.

2. one phone #(account), receive another phone # call. steps to repeat:
a. register 2 phone #(using different emails, different info. same password), you will get 2 phone #, i.e. 416 000 0001, 416 000 0002
b. reboot you pc
c. log in as 416 000 0001, incoming call not working(known bug), outcoming call fine
d. click menu, change user to 416 000 0002(account)
e. call 416 000 0001 using my home phone, the program will pick up the call!!! a bug???

p.s after rebooting pc, log in either account, then call the other number, the program will correctly respond as "the person you are trying to reach
is not available...."

Thanks huangpu,
I forwarded this to our developers, you can also submit any findings to our site with the "feedback " tab after you log in.

Cheers,
Freephoneline.ca Employee
Jul 30, 2006
19 posts
Anyone also experiencing an echo when calling out using the softphone? The receiving end seems to hear an echo of their own voice when speaking, but the soft phone user doesn't seem to hear this.
Apr 5, 2005
360 posts
Markham, Ontario
when you make outgoing calls, you got to do it like this...same as vbuzzer ...

1416xxxxxxx or 1905xxxxxxx

but I still cannot receive any incoming calls by using this service yet, even when I press accept on my computer screen, the phone that I am dialing in is still ringing...
Nov 30, 2004
177 posts
9 upvotes
It looks like all 1-800 toll free numbers doesn't work.
Mar 2, 2005
224 posts
8 upvotes
systros wrote: Anyone able to get incoming calling working? The caller still doesn't seem to connect, it keeps ringing...even after the call is accepted.
lol this happen to me when i called a friend; several times. there is an apparent time delay from phone picked up and until you can hear them. it took several seconds. She was ready to kill me with all the hang up :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2244 posts
524 upvotes
Halton
sonypcs wrote:
but I still cannot receive any incoming calls by using this service yet, even when I press accept on my computer screen, the phone that I am dialing in is still ringing...

Same.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1061 posts
197 upvotes
Markham
I got the same problem.
systros wrote: Anyone also experiencing an echo when calling out using the softphone? The receiving end seems to hear an echo of their own voice when speaking, but the soft phone user doesn't seem to hear this.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16019 posts
677 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
this problem seems to remain unfixed, that is why it is loosing in freebie of the year.
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉