FREE HOME PHONE LINE for the first 5000 Residents from Toronto or Montreal

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2013 4:25 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8219 posts
1198 upvotes
TO
Matrx wrote: Yup, acanac can be used with hardware (using PAP2 here).

Hopefully, someone can figure out how to use this service with a voip adapter and/or a generic softphone (x-lite).
thanks matrx, i lost track of that thread and rememberd signingup for it.....by any chance, can i use any router or a specific one (is PAP2 a software or driver)

thanks in advance.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2004
5289 posts
1293 upvotes
Toronto
dthomps wrote: True... you get what you pay for.
I signed up for acanac's free promo a few months ago and it works flawlessly.
Jun 19, 2007
194 posts
23 upvotes
Québec, QC
redplanet wrote: it's been 1 min and i still haven't received confirmation e-mail. damn u yahoo mail. :evil:
if you want i can send you a FREE invite to gmail :lol:
Apr 5, 2004
578 posts
4 upvotes

Hopefully, someone can figure out how to use this service with a voip adapter and/or a generic softphone (x-lite).
A lil off topic but could you tell me how to setup PAP2 for Acanac??

I have got it working but I have to reset the PAP2 every 5-6 hours or it stops working. My PAP2 was locked to Vonage and I had to unlock it to get it to work...if that makes a difference.

I hope this one can work with PAP2 as well!
Nov 23, 2003
99 posts
4 upvotes
Just signed up, got email reply, setup the call forward to my cell phone.
Called the given # and everything works fine. It even have caller ID as well.

This is good for those ppl who always change cell phone #, or for ppl who don't like to give out the cell phone #. Just call forward it to yourself.

I also wonder, how can you setup hardware VoIP phone with this service? it doesn't give you any information at all, but yet they did mention it on their site.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4134 posts
187 upvotes
Hmm ... I try calling my house or cell off the free number and it tells me "this call is not covered by my current plan" or something. Ummm ... the offer says unlimited free local calling.
May 13, 2006
233 posts
Try putting "1" before the number. I tried and It worked for me with country code added. My problem was that I can left a message on my voice mail but no sound when play back?? Help, anyone :)
nsd wrote: Hmm ... I try calling my house or cell off the free number and it tells me "this call is not covered by my current plan" or something. Ummm ... the offer says unlimited free local calling.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4134 posts
187 upvotes
You're right, it worked. Thanks :)
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
3307 posts
178 upvotes
i think its working for me, i called the number and it tells me to leave a message... so at least the voicemail is working :lol:
Jan 3, 2006
21 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
can make out calls, have to dial 1 first, but incoming only rings the phone, but cannot connect. what gives?
Dec 8, 2005
786 posts
28 upvotes
Anyone has a problem with saving the data on the server error message?

And anyway around it?

thx
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11015 posts
1406 upvotes
Brampton
Glad to hear it's working for some of you :) I still need to get my headset first :lol:
Dec 26, 2004
620 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
Can't get their website to work! arrrr

Error the same error about saving data!

--TheDonald
Jan 18, 2006
491 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
myogui wrote: if you want i can send you a FREE invite to gmail :lol:
lol, thx, but i already have a gmail account with like 99 invites or sth. i use that yahoo mail account for all possible spam/scam sites :D
malichin wrote: Just signed up, got email reply, setup the call forward to my cell phone.
Called the given # and everything works fine. It even have caller ID as well.

This is good for those ppl who always change cell phone #, or for ppl who don't like to give out the cell phone #. Just call forward it to yourself.

I also wonder, how can you setup hardware VoIP phone with this service? it doesn't give you any information at all, but yet they did mention it on their site.
wow, didn't know it has call-forwarding, it'd be ideal for me since i change my # like every 4 months. one question though, does the caller id show up on the cellphone after someone calls the softphone, which then forwards the call to your cell? thx.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2005
1407 posts
6 upvotes
the only thing that would worry me about this is a possible spyware or adware embedded in the softphone.

can you tell me how you set up acanac for your linksys pap2? I can't seem to receive calls, but I can make them. I already changed the things I was supposed to in the instructions on their website,
http://faq.acanac.com/index.php?action= ... artlang=en

Thanks, RSVP.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
3307 posts
178 upvotes
one problem im getting is when i call my number with my cellphone, the softphone shows the call but when i answer the call, my cellphone doesnt connect to the session, it keeps "ringing" as if i never answered the call on the softphone.

the otherway works though if i call my cell through softphone, anyone else having this problem?
May 15, 2006
149 posts
14 upvotes
thrifter wrote: Tried it :
"Error Saving data to server" :mad:

RFD Effect !!!
same here