Freebies

Free Magazine Subscriptions

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2021 12:35 pm
Apr 18, 2017
516 posts
222 upvotes
Ottawa
For RecycleBank, how do I go about changing my address? I got emails confirming my subscriptions, but no confirmation number or any other info? Do I have to contact them or the magazine publisher to get this information. And how long do I have to wait?

Thanks
Mar 11, 2016
204 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone recently able to successfully get Men's Health sub ordered via RecycleBank, and change address via a created MH account? I know they 6-8 weeks etc, but no account created as of yet (close to 7 weeks). I was able to order Motor Trend and switch that sub in under 3 weeks. Might have to bite the bullet and call MH CS.
RFD4LF. 😎
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5893 posts
9631 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
xxxronjames wrote: For RecycleBank, how do I go about changing my address? I got emails confirming my subscriptions, but no confirmation number or any other info? Do I have to contact them or the magazine publisher to get this information. And how long do I have to wait?

Thanks
You would go to the magazine's customer service website and logon using your US address. Usually for Recyclebank, the subs take 2-4 weeks to be created and then you're able to logon at the magazine website.
Last edited by pathfinder35 on Nov 30th, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5893 posts
9631 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
PtsuckS wrote: Anyone recently able to successfully get Men's Health sub ordered via RecycleBank, and change address via a created MH account? I know they 6-8 weeks etc, but no account created as of yet (close to 7 weeks). I was able to order Motor Trend and switch that sub in under 3 weeks. Might have to bite the bullet and call MH CS.
I assume you went to this customer care website - https://service.menshealth.com/login? - and tried to logon via your US address.
I tried using my Canadian address and it worked but I had to make sure no email address was entered before it worked. Once logged on, it displayed all the Hearst published mags I have subs to - Veranda, Oprah, Popular Science as well as Men's Health.
If you can't find it, then you probably have to call a customer agent (1-800-666-2303 ) who may be able to find it. Recyclebank is usually very reliable, as you stated.
Mar 11, 2016
204 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Yes pathfinder35, the link you posted is where I have tried to logon to my account (USA address etc). Just tried using my CDN and no dice. I will give a ring and see what happens with CS dept.
RFD4LF. 😎
Aug 5, 2010
71 posts
8 upvotes
Richmond Hill
do they ever have NY Mag? Not new yorker, but NYMag?
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3981 posts
1295 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone try and change their address for Road and Track lately? I found my sub, and account but the country always remains as United States, then just throws an error.

I was going to email CS, but I think I prob have a bunch of different accounts that all end up at the same cdn address...not sure if they'd notice if I Just requested an address change.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1376 posts
511 upvotes
Midland
U4IA wrote: Anyone try and change their address for Road and Track lately? I found my sub, and account but the country always remains as United States, then just throws an error.

I was going to email CS, but I think I prob have a bunch of different accounts that all end up at the same cdn address...not sure if they'd notice if I Just requested an address change.
It usually always best to call them, they will change it right away.
Apr 18, 2017
516 posts
222 upvotes
Ottawa
pathfinder35 wrote: I assume you went to this customer care website - https://service.menshealth.com/login? - and tried to logon via your US address.
I tried using my Canadian address and it worked but I had to make sure no email address was entered before it worked. Once logged on, it displayed all the Hearst published mags I have subs to - Veranda, Oprah, Popular Science as well as Men's Health.
If you can't find it, then you probably have to call a customer agent (1-800-666-2303 ) who may be able to find it. Recyclebank is usually very reliable, as you stated.
Thanks, have been able to subscribe and change addresses to the following magazines

Men's Health (in this thread)

and thanks to recyclebank

Sports Illustrated
Parents Magaine
Golf Magazine
Conde Nast Traveller

Hopefully we'll get some more magazines soon :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8959 posts
12951 upvotes
1 year sub to Flower magazine

https://cdn.mercurymagazines.com/304-304247/index.html

It went OOS really fast last time!

*** I haven't requested any magazines in quite a while, so I'm not sure if this is standard procedure, but I received a confirmation email, and there was a link to "Claim Now"

Once clicked, a PDF downloaded, and all it said was the following:
To claim your free magazine just look for our e-mail with your Magazine
Redemption Code. Just click on the provided link, enter your code and we will
process your free magazine subscription!
Maybe another email will be sent, or maybe we just have to wait several weeks before being able to redirect to Canada as usual.
Aug 25, 2008
563 posts
131 upvotes
Montreal
pathfinder35 wrote: Sorry - I goofed - it’s a one time use link. I’ll send you a pm with an unused link later today.
Amazing! Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1146 posts
466 upvotes
Ottawa
pathfinder35 wrote: Sorry - I goofed - it’s a one time use link. I’ll send you a pm with an unused link later today.
Would you have any other unused links?