Freebies

Free Magazine Subscriptions

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 8:29 pm
Feb 21, 2007
815 posts
521 upvotes
Question for magazines published by the same company. For example GQ and Allure are managed in the same customer account.
If I ordered GQ first. After successfully changed address to Canadian address, and then later on order Allure (using US address), will my Allure order be rejected?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8771 posts
12514 upvotes
lanslord wrote: Question for magazines published by the same company. For example GQ and Allure are managed in the same customer account.
If I ordered GQ first. After successfully changed address to Canadian address, and then later on order Allure (using US address), will my Allure order be rejected?
That's a scary question...

I try avoiding doing that, because I've had my entire collection revert back to USA, but that was years ago.

Best way to avoid that possible issue, would be using a totally different name and email, redirect to Canada, then merge into your main account.
Feb 21, 2007
815 posts
521 upvotes
IDStorms wrote: That's a scary question...

I try avoiding doing that, because I've had my entire collection revert back to USA, but that was years ago.

Best way to avoid that possible issue, would be using a totally different name and email, redirect to Canada, then merge into your main account.
That sounds too much work, but good idea. thanks
Apr 18, 2017
495 posts
214 upvotes
Ottawa
Is it normal for most of these magazines to be out of stock? Have tried GQ and Conde Net and nothing

Thanks
Feb 21, 2007
815 posts
521 upvotes
xxxronjames wrote: Is it normal for most of these magazines to be out of stock? Have tried GQ and Conde Net and nothing

Thanks
Yes the deals usually expire shortly. You need to subscribe to this thread and act quickly.
Apr 18, 2017
495 posts
214 upvotes
Ottawa
For RecycleBank, how do I go about changing my address? I got emails confirming my subscriptions, but no confirmation number or any other info? Do I have to contact them or the magazine publisher to get this information. And how long do I have to wait?

Thanks
Mar 11, 2016
204 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone recently able to successfully get Men's Health sub ordered via RecycleBank, and change address via a created MH account? I know they 6-8 weeks etc, but no account created as of yet (close to 7 weeks). I was able to order Motor Trend and switch that sub in under 3 weeks. Might have to bite the bullet and call MH CS.
RFD4LF. 😎
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5849 posts
9570 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
xxxronjames wrote: For RecycleBank, how do I go about changing my address? I got emails confirming my subscriptions, but no confirmation number or any other info? Do I have to contact them or the magazine publisher to get this information. And how long do I have to wait?

Thanks
You would go to the magazine's customer service website and logon using your US address. Usually for Recyclebank, the subs take 2-4 weeks to be created and then you're able to logon at the magazine website.
Last edited by pathfinder35 on Nov 30th, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5849 posts
9570 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
PtsuckS wrote: Anyone recently able to successfully get Men's Health sub ordered via RecycleBank, and change address via a created MH account? I know they 6-8 weeks etc, but no account created as of yet (close to 7 weeks). I was able to order Motor Trend and switch that sub in under 3 weeks. Might have to bite the bullet and call MH CS.
I assume you went to this customer care website - https://service.menshealth.com/login? - and tried to logon via your US address.
I tried using my Canadian address and it worked but I had to make sure no email address was entered before it worked. Once logged on, it displayed all the Hearst published mags I have subs to - Veranda, Oprah, Popular Science as well as Men's Health.
If you can't find it, then you probably have to call a customer agent (1-800-666-2303 ) who may be able to find it. Recyclebank is usually very reliable, as you stated.