Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Free Marketing Workshop for Small Business and Entrepreneurs

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2009 2:07 pm
[OP]
Jul 10, 2003
73 posts

Free Marketing Workshop for Small Business and Entrepreneurs

Hi all, just wondering if I can post details about a Free Marketing Event on this Small Business Forum. I'm asking because this event is listed as "Free" and is located in Toronto.

I found out about it and wanted to share.

http://www.GetMoreReferrals.ca

Andy D.
AD
10 replies
[OP]
Jul 10, 2003
73 posts
Ok I'm going to risk it - If you guys flame me for this that's fine. If the moderator believes I've broken a forum rule then please moderate and delete this post.

thanks..

The free event is listed here: http://www.GetMoreReferrals.ca
AD
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6811 posts
572 upvotes
Are you the owner/speaker/person making profit off this event
[OP]
Jul 10, 2003
73 posts
No I am not the Owner, Speaker or Organizer of this event. From reading the site this is organized by Alex Makarski of bizleverage Consulting Group and he is also the speaker. I've heard him speak once before at a BNI Group Meeting and his strategies are simple and easy to follow.

I thought I would attend and learn more about Referral Marketing. My main interest in this is how to measure and encourage my clients to send me more referrals.

I've got referrals in the past and I've thanked my clients for it but those referrals were unintentional. I want to make it more intentional as those referred clients were the best clients I have within my business.
AD
[OP]
Jul 10, 2003
73 posts
FYI, I got an email from Alex today stating that he will have everyone leave with a personalized one page Marketing plan for 2009.
AD
Jun 27, 2008
99 posts
Toronto
did you go to this event - if so, how was it?
[OP]
Jul 10, 2003
73 posts
Hi meatloaf, I will be attending the Dec 18th session. I spoke to the organizer and he mentioned this is the last time he will have it as a free session. Starting 2009 he will be charging a fee (he's thinking about $40 as that's what the attendees that have attended the first two sessions said they'd be willing to pay).

If you plan on going on Dec 18th I'll see you there!
AD
Dec 6, 2008
5 posts
pls pm me and I will send you the link. I have attended this 2nd one last Thu but was not able to finish it due to some other committment but Alex still sent me the link. I could not comment really since I was there for half hr only but if you wish you can attend it since it is free. In the :) link, there were audio recordings that you may be able to pick up something.

thanks,
[OP]
Jul 10, 2003
73 posts
New dates added for January 2009 and February 2009 - Seminar is still Free!
at www.GetMoreReferrals.ca

My Review:
I attended the Dec 18th seminar from 9am - 12:00pm.

Pros:
- Alex shared over 14 different referral strategies - over half were very creative! i plan on implementing at least 4 of them with Jeweler Clients I have in Toronto

- There were over 20 people in to room which made it great for networking and learning from other people's experiences with some of the marketing strategies.

- I gave out 1 referral right at the seminar and got 3 in return. I have closed one in business already! I'm pumped!

- Gave out one free marketing 1-on-1 session. I got one! We met last week and have identified some GAPs in my marketing process and how I can automate some of it - I've saved myself another 2 hours per week.

- gave out some handy websites for Small business owners

- snacks, coffee and bottled water provided

Improvements:
- Ran a little over time (finished at 12:18pm)
- Marketing Plan was not customized as I had originally thought but the 1 page sheet can easily be customized if I take some time during Lunch to review it.
- provide more background as to where certain stats were derived from (some slides had them)
- (minor) wish the session was downtown.

Overall, I would highly recommend the Workshop - it's definitely worth more than "Free".

Like I said before I'd be willing to pay between $25 - $40 for the information provided.

I could tell others liked it too from the conversations I had after the session was over - most people's talk was fast telling me they had got value from it and had ideas running through their minds.

Here is where I signed up www.GetMoreReferrals.ca

I will probably go again in January.
AD
[OP]
Jul 10, 2003
73 posts
Hi guys, I was thinking of reattending the seminar in January (there's actually one tomorrow but I can't make it).

Anyways, I'm actually writing 'cos when I went back to the site I see that Alex put up Video testimonials of the Seminar and there's one of ME! I'm the guy with the checkered shirt and black jacket.

Also, if anyone is going on Jan 20th I was wondering if i could car-pool and I'd help pay for Gas. I arrived a few minutes late last time and I wanted to Network with some of the attendees. I can meet at either at the Don Mills subway or Downtown. Please PM me.

If you plan on going on another date than Jan 20th I'd still like to know by PM so that I can change the date for myself too.

Dates are available here: www.GetMoreReferrals.ca

thanks!
Andy
AD
Deal Addict
May 30, 2006
1749 posts
4 upvotes
Ugh I hate these long poster-like sites that immediately make me think "infomercial". Couldn't attend if I wanted to ... but glad the info is useful. Anyone else attend and have comments?