• Jun 18th, 2020 9:26 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
3712 posts
3980 upvotes
GTA
Is "alternate ending" Get Out worth a rewatch?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7793 posts
1007 upvotes
TO
Hi all I suppose this can only be watched on laptop/mobile tablet app correct? I was hoping to catch some of these on our Amazon fire TV. I can't cast it either from my pixel.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Jul 28, 2007
570 posts
900 upvotes
Calgary
bigtuna99 wrote: How many people will it bring to their site/platform? They're most likely doing this with the hopes of it turning into a loss leader, not just out of the goodness of their hearts. It's sad to say, but the truth is, large corporations like this are always thinking about the bottom line and stock price.
Obviously that is part of it, but I doubt it brings more money to the platform than it will cost them in licensing fees. It's a goodwill gesture, and a commendable one.
Oct 13, 2014
151 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
If Beale Street Could Talk is A+
Mar 7, 2011
117 posts
136 upvotes
JACliffe wrote: Into the spiderverse is honestly one of my top 10 movies all time. I absolutely LOVED it.
Is it standalone or do you need to watch more Spider-Man/Marvel movies? I fell off the bandwagon at Iron Man 3, won’t ever catch up
Nov 5, 2019
106 posts
51 upvotes
fruitpunch.ben wrote: Is it standalone or do you need to watch more Spider-Man/Marvel movies? I fell off the bandwagon at Iron Man 3, won’t ever catch up
Standalone. It’s an alternate universe so it doesn’t fit in the MCU at all.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1084 posts
656 upvotes
ammoor88 wrote: Standalone. It’s an alternate universe so it doesn’t fit in the MCU at all.
With one caveat: There are some references to the Tobey Maguire Spiderman films from the early 2000s. It's not a dealbreaker though, you'll just be missing a few small jokes.

In general, I agree completely by the way. It's a fabulous movie, and one of my top ten from the last decade. The intro sequence alone is a must-watch.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3395 posts
8260 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Thanks OP. I heard that a number of US streaming sites were offering Just Mercy for free but I couldn't find anything in Canada.

Looking forward to seeing Just Mercy, a few others and re-watching some I haven't seen in while.
Mar 7, 2011
117 posts
136 upvotes
mussitate wrote: If you're into ratings here's a watchlist of all these films on IMDB (excluding the french versions): https://www.imdb.com/user/ur119415976/watchlist
Also thought most of these films were older, but surprised to see a lot of recent ones
That's really helpful, thanks.
Recoil wrote: With one caveat: There are some references to the Tobey Maguire Spiderman films from the early 2000s. It's not a dealbreaker though, you'll just be missing a few small jokes.

In general, I agree completely by the way. It's a fabulous movie, and one of my top ten from the last decade. The intro sequence alone is a must-watch.
That's actually a real bonus for me, because the Toby Maguire movies were the last Spiderman movies I watched when I was a teen. I loved them actually. Looking forward to it. Thanks!
Aug 19, 2004
798 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto
I just watched spiderverse. AMAZING movie.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8470 posts
6282 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
The latency I am getting totally prevents me from enjoying the movies. Anyone experiencing the same?
I don't have any problems watching YouTube, Vimeo, BroadwayHD, etc.