1002 posts
1336 upvotes
Toronto
ultimate spiderman's dad is a cop, and spider-gwen's dad is also a cop
Dec 23, 2010
118 posts
244 upvotes
Toronto
Moonlight is a masterpiece. Not for everyone though. Too bad they don't have District 9, though Netflix does.
Feb 29, 2008
301 posts
76 upvotes
Thanks OP. Got 17 movies .Watched Queen and Slim and loved it. Easy casting from the Cineplex android app to my TV with excellent picture and sound.
Apr 25, 2014
25 posts
28 upvotes
gatineau, QC
Thanks cineplex! With this small act we've defeated racism!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3047 posts
915 upvotes
Ontario
thegraduate112 wrote: Moonlight is a masterpiece. Not for everyone though. Too bad they don't have District 9, though Netflix does.
Is District 9 free for those who don't subscribe to Netflix?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.9%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Aug 28, 2016
220 posts
383 upvotes
MattLeafs24 wrote: Racists/All Lives Matter/MAGA folks exist in Canada too.
“The worst enemy that the Negro have is this white man that runs around here drooling at the mouth professing to love Negros, and calling himself a liberal, and it is following these white liberals that has perpetuated problems that Negros have”.

Malcolm X

You have to admit it’s true.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1247 posts
1198 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Mike2258 wrote: “The worst enemy that the Negro have is this white man that runs around here drooling at the mouth professing to love Negros, and calling himself a liberal, and it is following these white liberals that has perpetuated problems that Negros have”.

Malcolm X

You have to admit it’s true.
It's a bit silly to divorce the quote from its full context arguing for a different conception of political affiliation and the need to move past them. Full speech, with the usual disclaimers vis-à-vis Malcolm X's ideas prior to leaving the Nation of Islam.
Jul 30, 2003
930 posts
245 upvotes
Why have I reached page 7 without anyone mentioning Lean On Me?!? Classic movie.
Jun 4, 2018
190 posts
72 upvotes
I just finished just mercy and encourage everyone to check it out.

This movie doesn't seem to had an easy time getting into theaters

The sad part is that this is based on an actual story and the sheriff was elected few more times after this incident, by their people. He retired in 2018 I think
Dec 23, 2010
712 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
whoa.. that's .. great. That's a pretty big list too. everything I expected to be there and a bunch I didnt.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4178 posts
2752 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
The Hate U Give is a really good movie I recommend. Gives a good insight for how the younger generation sees things.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Sep 30, 2001
28175 posts
7241 upvotes
Toronto
It really saddens me that of all threads on this site we have to step in and moderate one like this.

If you're not interested in this deal, or for whatever reason you don't like the BLM sentiment or the motives behind Cineplex, ignore it and move on to something different. This thread will not be the place for that debate.

For those dismayed by the downvotes, I myself am completely with you and am also bothered by it. Unfortunately there's no way to disable it against an individual thread. I would simply ask you don't bring attention to it and take away the focus of this thread. Bringing attention to the votes just serves as an open invitation for those to come in and argue and bicker and completely derail this thread. Instead let's discuss the positives and share other great movies that have a big poc involvement. I'm planning to see "If Beale Street Could Talk" after hearing good things about it.
We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Nov 30, 2013
156 posts
175 upvotes
NB
This is great to see a company doing this. Racism is alive and well here in Canada though I may be wrong but it seems to be more on the First Nations of this country. That being said a friend was told this week to go back to Africa here in sleepy Fredericton and she was born in Halifax. Everyone says racism must stop but what is the roadmap to get there.
I AM NOT A BOOMER, but I wish i was.