Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Free PNE Gate Admission - Sat & Sun 11am-1pm Only!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2014 4:03 pm
Jul 27, 2004
156 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto

Free PNE Gate Admission - Sat & Sun 11am-1pm Only!

Deal Link:
Price:
FREE
This is from the PNE Facebook page:

It's been the best Fair in years and we won't less the rain dampen it! We are offering FREE gate admission until 1pm on Sat, Aug 30 & Sun, Aug 31. Come out and experience the shows & attractions that are only here for a few more days and won't be back next year.

If you are unable to make it during that time, there is still the BCAA discount code
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/save-pne ... e-1541995/
12 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12700 posts
15951 upvotes
A great deal but few responses to this thread.
Have a nice day!

Aug 13, 2009
56 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
The Pointer Sisters are Sunday's Summer Night Concert at the Westjet Stage.
Suggest getting a seat there very early before 8pm start time.
For example, last year, Foreigner had a full house and PNE staff closed the gates to the venue well before 8pm.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote: A great deal but few responses to this thread.
The PNE is not exactly for RFD's main demographic.

I wonder if this is a last minute attempt to drum up interest. They're already closing two days.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1889 posts
1445 upvotes
I don't even know what admission is to the PNE now, but the main thing that keeps me from ever going there is the crowds. The last time I was there parking wasn't easy either. Free admission will only make those problems worse.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14883 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
zero64 wrote: I don't even know what admission is to the PNE now, but the main thing that keeps me from ever going there is the crowds. The last time I was there parking wasn't easy either. Free admission will only make those problems worse.
As Yogi Berra said,
Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
zero64 wrote: I don't even know what admission is to the PNE now, but the main thing that keeps me from ever going there is the crowds. The last time I was there parking wasn't easy either. Free admission will only make those problems worse.
Years ago there were also issues with gangs and punks.
Dunno if it's still that way now that the crowds are so huge.
Way too busy for such a small area, I stay far away, even avoid driving anywhere near the area due to the gridlock.
Aug 3, 2014
59 posts
4 upvotes
BC
I like how the weather forecast was completely off, day looks beautiful. There are gonna be tons of people going now, they just lost even more money lol
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12700 posts
15951 upvotes
What a bunch of idiots those people running the PNE. No wonder they are losing money.

First, the weather people are wrong 1/2 the time. And if you know Vancouver, it rarely rains heavily in July and August.

The weather forecast was for a few showers only, not a monsoon. Since it is the last weekend, people who wants to go will go regardless of the weather.
Have a nice day!

Jun 27, 2008
750 posts
88 upvotes
Trying to buy ride pass online but website is down. What a joke.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
centerfleet wrote: I like how the weather forecast was completely off, day looks beautiful. There are gonna be tons of people going now, they just lost even more money lol
LOL ya sunny here near VGH lol, heard the rain tomorrow though.