Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Burger King

Free poutine (min $1 purchase) now till July 4

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2021 3:19 am
May 24, 2013
139 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
Just had it and liked it. Have the haters tried it?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5042 posts
6227 upvotes
thearun wrote: Just had it and liked it. Have the haters tried it?
BK poutine compared to a good one is like comparing a McDonald's hamburger to one from the Keg.
If you're ever in Montreal and try one of the local poutine spots then you'll understand.

https://labanquise.com/en/

I like poutine as much as the next guy (Italian poutine to be specific) but the thought of eating one from McDonalds, BK or any other fast food joints makes me wanna vomit.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5042 posts
6227 upvotes
oicthat2013 wrote: 810 calories for the poutine
There you have it 810calories ain't from a real poutine.
2500 calories and now you're talking!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5819 posts
4439 upvotes
KravenHead wrote: BK poutine compared to a good one is like comparing a McDonald's hamburger to one from the Keg.
If you're ever in Montreal and try one of the local poutine spots then you'll understand.

I like poutine as much as the next guy (Italian poutine to be specific) but the thought of eating one from McDonalds, BK or any other fast food joints makes me wanna vomit.
how is NYF poutine compared to montreal stuff
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4354 posts
1452 upvotes
Brampton
evilYoda wrote: how is NYF poutine compared to montreal stuff
Personally I would rate NYF below both BK and McD's. Fries are decent but gravy was watery, and they used cheddar cheese.
This was many years ago, havent tried it since, so maybe they have changed it ?
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1258 posts
713 upvotes
Warning: BK poutine is not good. Harvey's is the best of the fast food/burger joints.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3341 posts
4412 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Seriously wtf. I try to choose the bk near me and all of them won't let me place the order there. Anyone having a similar issue?
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
3356 posts
1141 upvotes
Toronto
Everyone's taste is different, so try for yourself.

BK uses a unique spice mix in their gravy, so it can come off as strong tasting to some.

Personal fast food ranking (not including random chip trucks or food festivals) MCD > NYF > Harvey's > Costco > Smokes > BK
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16944 posts
33331 upvotes
Scarborough
blackbirdman wrote: Seriously wtf. I try to choose the bk near me and all of them won't let me place the order there. Anyone having a similar issue?
Same here. All the locations are currently greyed out.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3341 posts
4412 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
TomRFD wrote: Same here. All the locations are currently greyed out.
They probably know whats going on and dont wanna go through with the hassle of the deal
😎Thanks RFD😎
Banned
Nov 25, 2018
218 posts
597 upvotes
Queen W.
Somebody up at BK HQ finally tasted the poutine and immediately pulled the deal
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1981 posts
3244 upvotes
Surrey
TomRFD wrote: Same here. All the locations are currently greyed out.
Wow that is sucks
Nov 21, 2011
429 posts
432 upvotes
Markham
Only ~50% of the ones near me are greyed out
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15268 posts
6332 upvotes
RFD
Nom nom nom.

Harvey's poutine is more salty than Burger King IMO. Got lots of cheese.

PXL_20210630_211447586-01.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
7923 posts
3044 upvotes
Man most bk around me aren't taking mobile orders.

What a sham
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
mconnelly wrote: Title doesnt match what the ad says now until July 4th isn't Canada day :>
Indeed. Apparently it's a Canada Day promo but good until Independence Day ;) Better than a one-day thing too as it will avoid crowds and lineups, which is more than we can say for KFC's upcoming shenanigans.
May 24, 2013
139 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
KravenHead wrote: BK poutine compared to a good one is like comparing a McDonald's hamburger to one from the Keg.

LOL I lived there for a year and have tried many poutines there including la banquise. At the end of the day, the classic poutines from those places aren’t miles better than the BK one so I’d suggest giving it a try, especially for free.

Also, I’ll add that locals are pretty divided in la banquise. Some will agree it’s good, others will laugh at people who go to la banquise because it’s a huge tourist trap.

(Agreed that McD poutine is garbage though)
Dec 20, 2018
422 posts
361 upvotes
winnipeg
radeonboy wrote: Nom nom nom.

Harvey's poutine is more salty than Burger King IMO. Got lots of cheese.

PXL_20210630_211447586-01.jpeg
the gravy is way too salty.. they push you to buy drinks. unfortunately the drink is on sale for $1 ..lmao
Jun 5, 2021
46 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary
The poutine is absolutely disgusting. Fries tasted very off, super soggy, gravy was weird, and cheese curds melted way too much. I understand it's fast food poutine but A&W, KFC, and McDonald's is way better than this crap.

Do not get.

The whopper was decent though.
Mar 26, 2015
137 posts
188 upvotes
BC
I had low expectations going into this. It was worse than I could have ever thought.

That gravy is something funky...
Last edited by DanielSales on Jul 1st, 2021 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.