Expired Hot Deals

Sport Chek

Free Printing with England Football Jersey

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2009 3:33 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 7, 2006
60 posts
1 upvote

[Sport Chek] Free Printing with England Football Jersey

Got an email from the England Football Assocation for this deal:

Free printing on all England shirt orders this week

https://englandstore.thefa.com/stores/fa/default.aspx

Works out to be a decent deal for England/football fans. Regular price here I think is $119 CDN + Tax for a regular, unprinted England shirt at SportChek or National.

Also looks like you get some sort of additional discount when you add it to your basket. The checkout automatically adds express shipping, but discounts the shirt price further.

Works out to be about $100 CDN at today's exchange rates.

Also noteworthy: last few orders I had from the FA have not been charged any customs, but YMMV in that respect.
15 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 26, 2006
3270 posts
559 upvotes
Seems like a great deal with the printing. When you have ordered before how long did it take to arrive?
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 7, 2006
60 posts
1 upvote
mc_molineux wrote: Seems like a great deal with the printing. When you have ordered before how long did it take to arrive?
My last order was in November I think, when they were blowing out last year's home jersey for 7.50 GBP with printing. I picked up three shirts, pair of shorts for 3 GBP and a couple toy stuffed Lions.

I had express shipping on that and it was delayed for a week, then I called their office in Manchester and was told it was delayed because the stuffed toys were sold out :lol: . I could choose if I wanted to wait for stock or just have the in-stock items shipped, so I ended up doing the latter and my stuff showed up about a week or so after that call.

Package was marked as merchandise at retail value, but I wasn't charged any customs. Strange thing - I rarely, if ever, get charged customs for stuff coming from the UK.

BTW - is molineux your surname or are you a (Wolverhampton) Wolves fan?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2004
1435 posts
954 upvotes
Thanks OP. That's a great deal. Works out to around 74 US shipped. I've been waiting for this deal rather than getting it right when they released it.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1730 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
nummertwente wrote: My last order was in November I think, when they were blowing out last year's home jersey for 7.50 GBP with printing. I picked up three shirts, pair of shorts for 3 GBP and a couple toy stuffed Lions.

I had express shipping on that and it was delayed for a week, then I called their office in Manchester and was told it was delayed because the stuffed toys were sold out :lol: . I could choose if I wanted to wait for stock or just have the in-stock items shipped, so I ended up doing the latter and my stuff showed up about a week or so after that call.

Package was marked as merchandise at retail value, but I wasn't charged any customs. Strange thing - I rarely, if ever, get charged customs for stuff coming from the UK.

BTW - is molineux your surname or are you a (Wolverhampton) Wolves fan?
Wow - "last year's home jersey for 7.50 GBP with printing" - and no duties. That's an amazing deal. Shame you didn't post that one!

I've ordered a few shirts from the UK before. The first few orders arrived quickly and without duties. But then I made the mistake of adding a couple of inexpensive calendars to an order. For whatever reason, possibly the added bulk, the shipment was refused by Canada Customs and flown back to the UK. Man Utd then made a huge, expensive mistake. They did me a "favour" by shipping my order with the much more expensive DHL. Though supposedly express, DHL sat on my order over the weekend, negating any advantage over regular post, and then charged me duties and a ridiculous "processing" fee. The DHL-related costs added over 50% to the cost of my order, and also presumably cost United good money too. My next small order also for whatever reason drew the attention of Customs (not United fans, obviously) and I had to pay duties (fine) plus a similar amount for a Canada Post handling fee (plus tax on the fee!) (a complete ripoff). And that was the end of my brief import experience.

So everyone, before placing an order be very aware that charges at this end can drastically inflate your cost.

As for "some sort of additional discount" - that's the VAT sales tax. UK stores are decent enough to remove that for overseas orders. It's just a shame that the officials and shippers at our end make ordering overseas such a crapshoot.

That said, I'd have happily taken the gamble on the 7.50 GBP shirt, even without printing. A much more interesting jersey than the current tennis whites IMHO. I'll wait for the World Cup kit to come out thanks!
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1730 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
mc_molineux wrote: Seems like a great deal with the printing. When you have ordered before how long did it take to arrive?
My England shirt order a few years ago, shipped by Royal Mail, took about 6 days to arrive.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 26, 2006
3270 posts
559 upvotes
nummertwente wrote: BTW - is molineux your surname or are you a (Wolverhampton) Wolves fan?
Yeah, I'm a Wolves fan. So if you see any deals on their kit, feel free to post! ;)

Thanks for the info on the shipping. I'll probably get in on this. Can't seem to see a Lescott one on the site though!

Also, +1 to whoever said you should have posted the $7.50 blowout. I'd like to find last year's as that's the only home England top since 2000 that i'm missing (except for this current one). Anyone know where I can find the old top on clearance?
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1730 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
mc_molineux wrote: Yeah, I'm a Wolves fan. So if you see any deals on their kit, feel free to post! ;)

Thanks for the info on the shipping. I'll probably get in on this. Can't seem to see a Lescott one on the site though!

Also, +1 to whoever said you should have posted the $7.50 blowout. I'd like to find last year's as that's the only home England top since 2000 that i'm missing (except for this current one). Anyone know where I can find the old top on clearance?
Mexico. Seriously. Sports shops in tourist towns down there seem to have lots of international and big club kits. I bought an England shirt there once. I'm pretty sure it was a genuine Umbro product, since it was back when there was a design imprinted in the fabric itself, but it had an Umbro button or something in place of the England lions one. A minor slip, but the shirt itself is still intact.

Do a web search for Mexican sports retailers. Let us all know if you discover any great deals! :)
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 7, 2006
60 posts
1 upvote
mc_molineux wrote: Yeah, I'm a Wolves fan. So if you see any deals on their kit, feel free to post! ;)

Thanks for the info on the shipping. I'll probably get in on this. Can't seem to see a Lescott one on the site though!

Also, +1 to whoever said you should have posted the $7.50 blowout. I'd like to find last year's as that's the only home England top since 2000 that i'm missing (except for this current one). Anyone know where I can find the old top on clearance?
My bad - guess I didn't think of it at the time!

During that 7.50 GBP sale, I ended up getting a Walcott shirt with the commemorative printing from that famous Croatia game where he hit his hattrick. Yes, I'm an Arsenal fan :)

Also, grabbed 1 long sleeve (no print) and 1 short sleeve (no print). Fantastic deal at the time. Picked up three shirt for less than $70 CDN shipped IIRC

If you're still looking for last year's home shirt you can try Si Vous Play Sports.. they were clearing them out recently for $29.99 I believe, but sizes might be limited now.
Tornado F2 wrote: That said, I'd have happily taken the gamble on the 7.50 GBP shirt, even without printing. A much more interesting jersey than the current tennis whites IMHO. I'll wait for the World Cup kit to come out thanks!
I'm not too crazy about this current shirt either, but it works well in some ways (golf wear :D )

I think this will be the WC shirt though considering its "grand" unveiling a couple months back against Slovenia.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 26, 2006
3270 posts
559 upvotes
Tornado F2 wrote: it had an Umbro button or something in place of the England lions one.
I'm looking for authentic. Thanks for the reply though.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 26, 2006
3270 posts
559 upvotes
nummertwente wrote: If you're still looking for last year's home shirt you can try Si Vous Play Sports.. they were clearing them out recently for $29.99 I believe, but sizes might be limited now.
Can you order from them online? I'm in small-town BC currently.

For the record, I really like the new top. The simplicity of it is refreshing.
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 7, 2006
60 posts
1 upvote
Tornado F2 wrote: Mexico. Seriously. Sports shops in tourist towns down there seem to have lots of international and big club kits. I bought an England shirt there once. I'm pretty sure it was a genuine Umbro product, since it was back when there was a design imprinted in the fabric itself, but it had an Umbro button or something in place of the England lions one. A minor slip, but the shirt itself is still intact.

Do a web search for Mexican sports retailers. Let us all know if you discover any great deals! :)
Be careful of fakes... unless it is your prerogative not to do so. Many of the A grade fakes look 99% like the real thing and the only way to tell would be to put it side by side with the with real thing.

Personally, as a collector, I would be wary of places like that... the fakes have gotten a lot better in a short amount of time. Best places are still manufacturer outlets or authorized e-tailers although the prices would be a lot more realistic.
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 7, 2006
60 posts
1 upvote
mc_molineux wrote: Can you order from them online? I'm in small-town BC currently.

For the record, I really like the new top. The simplicity of it is refreshing.
Unfortunately not, but if you're interested, I can take a look for you and ship one out if they have your size as long as you have eBay + PayPal.

They had a bunch of rare shirts a while back for an Umbro clearance. I think there was Everton, Olympique Lyon, Vasco de Gama (or some other Umbro sponsored Brazilian team), Sweden and some retro England shirts.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 26, 2006
3270 posts
559 upvotes
nummertwente wrote: Unfortunately not, but if you're interested, I can take a look for you and ship one out if they have your size as long as you have eBay + PayPal.
Thanks for the offer! I'll browse online a bit and see what I can find, and if not I'll send you a PM.

Thanks again!
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 7, 2006
60 posts
1 upvote
mc_molineux wrote: Thanks for the offer! I'll browse online a bit and see what I can find, and if not I'll send you a PM.

Thanks again!
no prob. :)

Good to see you lot back in the EPL. I hope Hull City and that thug Phil Brown hit the drop next season.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 16, 2003
10329 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
where is last year's home jersey for 7.50??
[removed for signature violation]

Top