• Dec 8th, 2018 10:37 am
[OP]
Jul 16, 2003
588 posts
218 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Trader Score: 8 (100% Positive)

Free Public Mobile Sim Cards Edmonton or mailed

Hey if any of you guys from Edmonton saw the sweet Public Mobile deal HERE, but can't order the sim card in time to get the promotion which Expires Nov 20 at 11:59pm ET, I have a bunch of them I got when they were still free. Plan works out to $40 per month ($38 if you set up autopay) for unlimited province wide calls, global text, and about 4Gb per month. It's actually on a prepaid 90 day term for 12Gb. Each year you're a customer up to the 5th year you get $1/month off. So at the end of 5 years if you're still a customer, it would be $33/month (if you are on autopay). Pretty sweet deal, unlike the other providers instead of your rates going up, they'll go down! Public Mobile is on the Telus network fyi. You can find more information in the thread linked above about the deal and the pros and cons of PM.

Anyways I have 45 sim cards left (make that 31, 14 currently spoken for), which I'm giving out for free to anyone who wants to sign up for the plan. I got them for free before PM started charging $5 per sim card. I'm going to be at the Save-on foods at Rabbit Hill Road and 23 Avenue from 12:05pm to 12:15 in the fruit and veggies section and I'll be wearing an orange safety vest. I'm 6'3" so I'm pretty easy to spot. If someone isn't able to get there because transit to there sucks (I think) and they don't have a car, I could also meet people at West Edmonton mall around 2:15pm on a case by case basis. PM me if the Save On foods doesn't work for you but WEM will.

Ok so as expected the Save On location is a little out of the way for some people so I will also be meeting people @ 2:15 outside the front door of Cactus Club Restaurant outside of WEM if you confirm with me you'll be there at that time. I'm having lunch with my grandma and my fiance there so I can only step out for a couple mins. No orange vest there, it's a classy place. But I'll likely be the only idiot out in the cold that is not a smoker aside from anyone waiting to meet me there ;)

So If you're in Edmonton and you want one, reply to the thread with the next number on the list and I'll edit the list when I get the chance. Once you've posted in here with your number, pm me either your name, or if you don't want to give that out, some sort of password so I can make sure that I don't give your sim card out to the wrong person.

If neither of those two times/locations work for you, you're going to have to make your way to me somehow. I'll be near Belevdere station after I'm done with lunch and a few errands. Say after 3ish, I have a card game for the rest of the evening there. Probably pretty much till the deal is over with the difference in time zones.

I've had a few requests from people who can't make it out to get the sim cards tomorrow. If you guys really want one but can't make it, I am willing to give you the sim number so you can sign up for the plan before it expires and mail you the card if you can somehow pay me for the postage or send me a prepaid postage envelope. I think it's overly complicated but it's up to you guys if you have no other options.

No I'm not giving out multiple cards per person so you can resell them. I'm giving these out for free to people who are actually going to use them to sign up for PM, not to make a profit. I got them for free, so you should too. So if you have 10 friends that want to sign up to PM, get them to sign up to the forums and reply here to get on the list if they really want one of the sims. Or if they're too lazy to sign up and get on the list, they can show up to get one. But they will only get one if the list doesn't fill up. Not really expecting it to, but who knows. RFD is crazy sometimes, though I think the Edmonton presence is pretty small.

Here is the list:

Waiting to meet
7) Kshaikh (Edmonton - sent digital)

12 That didn't respond in time for the deal
1) Doesn't need
2) casperr (?)
5) mlaumlau (by mail)
11) Doesn't need
13) adilh53 (by mail he wants 3 if possible)
18) michellant (by mail?)
23) Doesn't need
25) MommyOfJumpingMonkey (Edmonton Waiting on response)
33) thekingofboggle (Save On)
34) thekingofboggle if your wife comes too (Save On)
41) Finishtay
42) Doesn't need
43) Doesn't need

Done
3) kingofthegrill (picked up)
4) clubsandwich (picked up)
6) arvyeg (picked up)
8) Atsteeles (Mailed)
9) Ceezma (picked up)
10) Nasdel (picked up)
12) heat?? (Picked up)
14) parry (mailed)
15) ExcelPremium (mailed)
16) rufryda (picked up)
17) rufryda friend/family member (picked up)
19) a70 (mailed)
20) ealvirin (sim swap - digital sent)
21) Westlake (mailed)
22) rossandmarita (sim swap - sent digital)
24) themisfit (sim swap sent digital)
26) titanmowgli (picked up)
27) itanmowgli if your friend/family comes, one per person (picked up)
28) kc2168 (picked up)
29) ExcelPremium (mailed)
30) Farishtay (picked up)
31)an (picked up)
32) Tonkle (picked up)
35) kc2168 (picked up)
36) paullyn59 (mailed)
37) DavidNS (mailed)
38) AnujS699 (picked up)
39) ceezma (picked up)
40) opr8tr (mailed)
44) Kingofthegrill (picked up)
45) Forget, but it's gone (picked up)
Last edited by Mixam on Nov 20th, 2016 1:35 am, edited 18 times in total.
2x $40/6Gb Koodo plans for PM 2016 Fall Promo subscribers
Public Mobile 12/120 plan paying $19/month for 4Gb after rewards
Koodo Seasonal hold $15/month for buying phones
3x Virgin flexdata $5/month for 1Gb in ipads/voip phones
65 replies
Dec 11, 2010
468 posts
119 upvotes
Trader Score: 0
I think it would be cool if you hung the orange vest off your back to make it look like a cape :)
Dec 12, 2010
315 posts
66 upvotes
Vancouver
You're a very nice person. Just search "public mobile" on your local Craigslist...
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2173 posts
973 upvotes
Victoria
Who voted this down? The RogersBuzz account?
Jul 11, 2015
36 posts
13 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
3)
wont make it at 12:05-12:15. Can meet after 1:00 anywhere. (sent you a PM)
Jan 1, 2015
550 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Need this for Toronto/Markham/Richmond Hill. Will pay $10 and meetup at wherever Is most convenient
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2007
4760 posts
1863 upvotes
Scarborough
Trader Score: 26 (100% Positive)
FrugalConsumer wrote: Need this for Toronto/Markham/Richmond Hill. Will pay $10 and meetup at wherever Is most convenient
I think you missed the part where he said Edmonton.
[OP]
Jul 16, 2003
588 posts
218 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
ASharp wrote: I think you missed the part where he said Edmonton.
Also the part where it is free. Might as well also point out that I mean Edmonton Alberta in case there is any other Edmonton...
[OP]
Jul 16, 2003
588 posts
218 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
kazin wrote: You're a very nice person. Just search "public mobile" on your local Craigslist...
I tried that, only results I found were ads for Koodo Mobile and most were in Calgary
Jun 9, 2013
316 posts
114 upvotes
Edmonton
if you can save me 3 sims, i'd love to meet you at the cactus club!
Nov 19, 2016
1 posts
Hey, can I grab a SIM card from you tomorrow at 12:05 to 12:15? I sent you a PM

Thanks!