Expired Freebies

Free THE PURGE: ELECTION YEAR Screening - Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Ed and Cal

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2016 8:53 am
23 replies
Jun 12, 2010
668 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto/Santa Monica
Can you bring your phone into these advance screenings?
Oct 30, 2009
84 posts
33 upvotes
Event: THE PURGE: ELECTION YEAR
Date: June 29, 2016
Start Time: 7:00pm
Theater:
Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Eglinton and VIP (formerly SilverCity)
2300 Yonge St
Toronto, ON M4P 1E4
Please note: Space is not guaranteed, is limited to event capacity and is first-come, first served. No backpacks will be allowed inside the event.

This pass is the property of Universal Pictures which reserves the right to admit, revoke admission or refuse access to the theater at the discretion of an authorized representative.

NO RECORDING
This screening will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending, you agree not to bring any recording device into the theater and you consent to physical search of your belongings and person for recording devices. If you attempt to enter with a recording device, you will be denied admission. If you attempt to use a recording device, you consent to your immediate removal from the theater and forfeiture of the device. Unauthorized recording will be reported to law enforcement and may subject you to criminal and civil liability.

This pass is NON-TRANSFERABLE. Government issued identification must be shown for admission.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10799 posts
669 upvotes
Scarborough
mike229 wrote: Can you bring your phone into these advance screenings?
They are likely to take your phones and store them in the hallway with security using a bag and tag system. The have done this for the prior Universal screenings.
May 13, 2013
39 posts
31 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote: They are likely to take your phones and store them in the hallway with security using a bag and tag system. The have done this for the prior Universal screenings.
Which Universal screening? I have gone to almost every Universal Screenings in the past 5 years and never got my phone taken away. Sony Pictures and Walt Disney on the other hand always takes them,
Do you love freebies and live in Montreal?
Please LIKE my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ILoveMontrealFreebies
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1146 posts
145 upvotes
Calgary
Just got a pass for Calgary. I have never been to a screening like this before. Do they oversell them? Do I have to anticipate a huge line up and then be told "sorry folks, there is no more room even if you have a pass"

Thanks given to OP.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2008
3711 posts
630 upvotes
Toronto
Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver sold out.
May 13, 2013
39 posts
31 upvotes
Yes Universal pictures oversells sometimes. The screening is at 7PM so arrive BEFORE 6:30 if you can arrive even early, DO IT . (The Universal rep usually arrives at 6PM in Montreal, but i'm sure its the same in Calgary ) You need to exchange your pass for a pair of tickets before getting in.
Do you love freebies and live in Montreal?
Please LIKE my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ILoveMontrealFreebies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
I had to check my tablet last time lol cause i had it in my hand walking into the theater :facepalm: big mistake

for phones I think its fine just tell them you will turn it off during movie
is it free :cheesygri
Jan 30, 2016
71 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
if anyone has 2 tickets for Toronto and cannot go, please help a sister out :)
Sep 18, 2015
24 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
[GONE] I got a pass for Toronto. Would like to trade for any of the other screening (BFG, Mike & Dave, Tarzan) that is also showing on same day in downtown Toronto. Please PM if you like to trade.
Dec 2, 2013
132 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
birkykid wrote: if anyone has 2 tickets for Toronto and cannot go, please help a sister out :)
I have tickets pm me your email
Banned
Jun 28, 2016
54 posts
6 upvotes
Chuck Garabedian wrote: Just got a pass for Calgary. I have never been to a screening like this before. Do they oversell them? Do I have to anticipate a huge line up and then be told "sorry folks, there is no more room even if you have a pass"

Thanks given to OP.
Yes. Arrive at least 1 hour in advance to get good seats.
Sep 18, 2015
24 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
[GONE] My pass for Toronto is available to give away now since kungfuemu gave me Mike and Dave screening. PM me your email if you want The Purge screening.
May 18, 2015
152 posts
130 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Looking for tickets in Montreal, maybe?
Oct 30, 2009
84 posts
33 upvotes
This pass is NON-TRANSFERABLE. Government issued identification must be shown for admission. ???? how are you guys swapping??
Sep 7, 2015
80 posts
28 upvotes
Calgary
I have two hard copy passes for Calgary for The Purge and one GOFO for Swiss Army Man all for tonight that are available for trade - Moschella, I've never been asked for ID and my two hard passes have no name on them. Also, I've noticed lately that in Calgary they are very oversold - randomly they will give out passes for anytime if show is sold out but not usually. I went to My Big Fat Greek Wedding almost an hour early and it was sold out and they were just turning people away.
Oct 30, 2009
84 posts
33 upvotes
[GONE]alright in that case if anyone wants to take a chance and use my two reservations pm me !

Hope they don't check id !!
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10799 posts
669 upvotes
Scarborough
Please keep in mind that Universal and and Disney are known to check IDs.

if your tickets are general (ie.no name) or are from Gofobo, you usually don`t need ID.