Free refund for Cyberpunk on any platform

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2021 11:26 am
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Glad I ended up getting the physical copy for free. Got refunded yet never asked to send it back.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13164 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
It took well over a month but I finally got my refund today for the copy that I bought through GOG.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4371 posts
6938 upvotes
Yay for rewarding trashy business practices and releasing unfinished buggy garbage and lying about it!

Quality Didn't Matter For CD Projekt Red | TRUE Scale Of Success Revealed

"They traded in people's good will. They let everybody down. They've still succeeded wildly. And they're going around boasting about it."
Yup. Let's release our record breaking profits a week before the annual report.
Jun 28, 2018
372 posts
443 upvotes
Aurora, Ontario
I'm playing the game on PC now after picking it up at 20% off. Game is still a buggy mess but it's fun once you get past the first few hours and learn the mechanics. Graphics range from jaw dropping to dated looking depending on what you're looking at. Same with the story. Witcher 3 had consistently strong story even on side missions. This game is pretty strong on main story but side missions are kind of hit or miss.

Still rather play this than Assasin's Creed 9348 or Call of Duty 4698. *shrug*
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Poland is a somewhat poor country. CD Projekt Red is the top valued company in all of Poland, ahead of their banks and energy companies,
and the average annual income per person is only 24,000 US Dollars.

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/commen ... ompany_in/
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71636/cd ... index.html
Caerus wrote: Yay for rewarding trashy business practices and releasing unfinished buggy garbage and lying about it!

Yup. Let's release our record breaking profits a week before the annual report.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4371 posts
6938 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: Poland is a somewhat poor country. CD Projekt Red is the top valued company in all of Poland, ahead of their banks and energy companies,
and the average annual income per person is only 24,000 US Dollars.

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/commen ... ompany_in/
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71636/cd ... index.html
Where they are based out of and circumstance still doesn't excuse their actions though. I don't respect what they did or how they operate.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10922 posts
5458 upvotes
Toronto
I've been playing the game on Stadia, it's not bad now... I'd have to say it's the best game on Stadia so far, and maybe best cloud game (compared to Xbox Cloud and Geforce Now). its just too bad it still doesn't have 4K in Ontario for whatever reason due to some bug. I google'd and other have same issue. maybe log into vpn when starting the game initially and disconnecting afterwards can work around it? just as i need to set my desktop resolution to 4K and then putting down your resolution to 1440p just to get a 4K stream initially, downscale it to 1440p.

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia- ... /m-p/44906
Jun 28, 2018
372 posts
443 upvotes
Aurora, Ontario
ManCaveGamer wrote: I've been playing the game on Stadia, it's not bad now... I'd have to say it's the best game on Stadia so far, and maybe best cloud game (compared to Xbox Cloud and Geforce Now). its just too bad it still doesn't have 4K in Ontario for whatever reason due to some bug. I google'd and other have same issue. maybe log into vpn when starting the game initially and disconnecting afterwards can work around it? just as i need to set my desktop resolution to 4K and then putting down your resolution to 1440p just to get a 4K stream initially, downscale it to 1440p.

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia- ... /m-p/44906
If it makes you feel better my computer with an RTX 3070, Ryzen 5800x and 32 gb of ram cannot handle the game at 4k either.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
3347 posts
2475 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DarekP84312 wrote: If it makes you feel better my computer with an RTX 3070, Ryzen 5800x and 32 gb of ram cannot handle the game at 4k either.
I have the same PC config as you, and at 1440p ultra settings, DLSS and RT on, I get consistent 70-80 fps. Not bad at all.
Jun 28, 2018
372 posts
443 upvotes
Aurora, Ontario
Niklasky wrote: I have the same PC config as you, and at 1440p ultra settings, DLSS and RT on, I get consistent 70-80 fps. Not bad at all.

Right. Except 1440p is not 4K
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4371 posts
6938 upvotes
https://www.reuters.com/technology/cd-p ... 021-05-31/

• Net profit in the first quarter fell 64.7% to 32.5 million zlotys, well below the 80 million zlotys expected by analysts, impacted by depreciation of Cyberpunk 2077 development expenditures and work on fixing the game. Revenue fell 2% to 197.6 million zlotys ($53.94 million).
  • Selling costs rose 79.6% to 62.1 million zlotys in the quarter.
  • Last year, the company's shares hit an all-time high of 464.2 zlotys in the run-up to Cyberpunk's launch, but have lost over 60% of their value.

($1 = 3.6632 zlotys)

Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2471 posts
2945 upvotes
Toronto
CP2077 is basically their only IP outside of Witcher, so I'm still convinced they need to turn the whole thing around out of necessity. EA and Ubisoft can get away with shoddy releases and just cut their losses. They have sports and massive AAA franchises to fall back on. CDPR is basically backed into a corner now - which can hopefully mean only good things for consumers.

For what it's worth, game has a lot of potential. Here's to hoping the free updates and eventual meatier DLC can do it justice.
Bored...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
BYan wrote: CP2077 is basically their only IP outside of Witcher, so I'm still convinced they need to turn the whole thing around out of necessity. EA and Ubisoft can get away with shoddy releases and just cut their losses. They have sports and massive AAA franchises to fall back on. CDPR is basically backed into a corner now - which can hopefully mean only good things for consumers.

For what it's worth, game has a lot of potential. Here's to hoping the free updates and eventual meatier DLC can do it justice.
Well it's become a bit of a laughing stock, I'm still really really excited to play this game.
I'm content waiting for it to be fixed up though (and possibly patched for Series X) before I fork over any money for it.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Even in its current state, Cyberpunk 2077 is still better than established games like Fallout.

It just overpromised and did not do many of the things it claimed it would do and still manages to be buggier than Bethesda games.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2471 posts
2945 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote: Well it's become a bit of a laughing stock, I'm still really really excited to play this game.
CDPR did themselves no favours but honestly, the people who were basically going this is going to be some blade-runner life-sim/GTA/Mass Effect/RPG powerhouse have only themselves to blame. Don't know when the hype train derailed, but I always thought it was just going to be a good story heavy cyberpunk RPG and what I got was 70% of a good story heavy cyberpunk RPG with a ton of jank. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing it fixed up/expanded with DLC.
XFactor11 wrote: Even in its current state, Cyberpunk 2077 is still better than established games like Fallout.
New Vegas, 3, 4 or 76? In the case of the latters, yeah CP2077 is still miles above the Bethesda Fallouts. Not New Vegas level yet though. That game was aces, but it certainly parallels CP2077 in terms of how buggy and janky it was in the beginning.
Bored...
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4371 posts
6938 upvotes
My rather pleasant attitude about CDPR doing poorly doesn't only have to do with the game, it's the culture of CDPR and them being a prime example of what's wrong with this industry as a whole.

Executives lying about the game, covering up it's issues, forcing release of the game in a garbage state since they'll "just fix it later", faking reviews/forcing compliance with review specifics, etc.

Then when you look at their attitude, the executive payout after release, it's even more telling.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/05/01/cyberpunk-2077-spoils-5-cdpr-execs-split-28-million-865-workers-split-298-million/
This is not a new policy for CDPR, but it gives 20% of annual earnings split between its board and its employees, 10% to each (via Bloomberg). The board is five people, the employees total 865 people. So 5 board members split $28 million while the employees split $29.8 million.

Of course, earning disparity between board members/CEOs and average workers is not exactly a new concept, especially for us here in America (CDPR is Polish), but it’s a little eye-popping when you lay it out like this, and of course, there’s the additional compounding factor here.

That would be the fact that it was the CDPR board and people like co-founder Marcin Iwiński, who you will recognize from CDPR’s public apology video about the state of Cyberpunk’s release, who pushed for the game to come out when it did. The executives have taken responsibility for the game’s problems at launch, the bugs, performance issues and missing features, and yet they’re the ones who dramatically have reaped the rewards from sales of the game, with each getting bonuses from sales in the millions. They have, however, taken a hit to their stock portfolio, with CDPR stock, dropping more than 50% in the last year in the wake of Cyberpunk’s problems.

Their explanation for the big bonuses being “deserved” was addressed in the recent investor call:

“We earned this money and the company earned this money, of course, but more net profits, more bonuses,” Kiciński said. “So well, we have results, we get bonuses, and that’s the contract we have.”
https://hothardware.com/news/cd-projekt-executives-getting-massive-bonuses-for-2020-even-though-cyberpunk-2077-took-a-dive
CD Projekt CEO Marcin Iwiński and co-CEO Adam Kiciński are “each slated to receive a bonus of 24 million zloty, or $6.3 million

some employees spoke to Bloomberg and explained they would “receive profit-sharing bonuses of about $5,000 to about $9,000, while other more senior employees said they will get closer to $15,000 or $20,000.”
I feel for the workers, but I don't care in the slightest that CDPR is tanking. Their executive ideology is toxic.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: Even in its current state, Cyberpunk 2077 is still better than established games like Fallout.

It just overpromised and did not do many of the things it claimed it would do and still manages to be buggier than Bethesda games.
It’s not though. Have you played it recently? It’s completely unfinished.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
I have the game on PC which I can play on max settings.

I also played the PS4 version of Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5 where it is in 60 frames per second.
It does have game crashes but the story and setting in Cyberpunk are both more interesting than Fallout.

Fallout games have boring settings because most of the world is a barren wasteland.
The only other game that has more bland environments and desolate terrain that I can recall is Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor.

My character has max proficiency in blades & athleticism, so I could run really fast, mid-air dash, jump very high, etc.
OldMarriedGuy wrote: It’s not though. Have you played it recently? It’s completely unfinished.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)