Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tim Hortons

Free Reusable Cup Giveaway on March 10 (SUSPENDED)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2020 6:48 am
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2003
3958 posts
130 upvotes
cpfan wrote: I hope they don't use the same measuring cup for coffee and tea. Or that they rinse it VERY well between uses.
Tims giving one out ....just as the competition has started halting reusable cups in North America due to covid19 concerns

"Starbucks has announced it will stop accepting personal, refillable coffee cups from Canadian and U.S. customers in an effort to halt the spread of the new coronavirus.

In an open letter posted on the company’s website Wednesday, executive vice president Rossann Williams said stores in both countries will also stop using “for here” cups.

Customers who ask for those cups or bring in their own mugs will still get a 10-cent discount, but will be given single-use cups instead."
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
rogue wrote: Tims giving one out ....just as the competition has started halting reusable cups in North America due to covid19 concerns

"Starbucks has announced it will stop accepting personal, refillable coffee cups from Canadian and U.S. customers in an effort to halt the spread of the new coronavirus.

In an open letter posted on the company’s website Wednesday, executive vice president Rossann Williams said stores in both countries will also stop using “for here” cups.

Customers who ask for those cups or bring in their own mugs will still get a 10-cent discount, but will be given single-use cups instead."

Heard this too. Talk about bad timing for Tim's lol
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11896 posts
24205 upvotes
rogue wrote:
Tims giving one out ....just as the competition has started halting reusable cups in North America due to covid19 concerns

Wiseman wrote: Heard this too. Talk about bad timing for Tim's lol
I guess I wasn't only the one who came to post how Timmies is once again is struck by misfortune.

Really bad timing on this promotion!

"Starbucks forced to halt the use of personal cups at its stores because of coronavirus" : https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/04/business/starbucks-coronavirus/index.html
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
lorax1284 wrote: Amazon US has a sale on 24 oz (extra large equivalent) Contigo stainless steel tumblers, $10 USD and you’re not carrying around an ad for a Brazilian company.
RBI is actually considered a Canadian Company. 3G capital, a Brazilian-American investment firm holds ~51% stake. But that doesn't make the Tims a Brazilian company. But if you are not keen in carrying around anything "Brazilian" related, you might want to avoid obviously Burger King and Popeyes which are also under RBI, but also add Kraft and Heinz brands (KraftHeinz I believe is also heavily managed by 3G money - not sure on %)

And maybe skip AB InBev beers as well? A massive part of it is also owned by 3G.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2981 posts
1066 upvotes
If only we had a forum for freebies....
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10746 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
KenA wrote: If only we had a forum for freebies....
You have to buy something to get the cup, no? Which would make it a no-go for freebies.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Apr 18, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
Starbucks just shut down their reusable cup program over Cornelius viris thingy .Bad timing Timmy's.
Mayorofhowestreet
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
3146 posts
1489 upvotes
neonic wrote: RBI is actually considered a Canadian Company. 3G capital, a Brazilian-American investment firm holds ~51% stake. But that doesn't make the Tims a Brazilian company. But if you are not keen in carrying around anything "Brazilian" related, you might want to avoid obviously Burger King and Popeyes which are also under RBI, but also add Kraft and Heinz brands (KraftHeinz I believe is also heavily managed by 3G money - not sure on %)

And maybe skip AB InBev beers as well? A massive part of it is also owned by 3G.
Popeyes and BK were never Canadian and don't pretend to be.

Tim's corporate culture and other policies w.r.t. their food and customer relations have shifted far from anything that should engender national pride or loyalty.

I'm not suggesting a boycott, just perspective, as are you.
There is no god. But it still feels good to be kind to people, animals, and the environment, so keep doing that.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
User943372 wrote: Starbucks just shut down their reusable cup program over Cornelius viris thingy .Bad timing Timmy's.
This plan has probably in place for at least 6 to 12 months. I wouldn't blame the timing on Timmy's at all. Big movie releases that cost millions upon millions to make are getting royally screwed up. Annual conferences are getting cancelled left, right, and center. Coronavirus has screwed up a lot of people's long terms plans that were supposed to come to fruition over the next few months.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
User943372 wrote: Starbucks just shut down their reusable cup program over Cornelius viris thingy .Bad timing Timmy's.
Seems like Tim's just can win.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Mar 25, 2015
61 posts
147 upvotes
Sudbury, Ontario
FYI the new Dream Doughnuts are nauseating, I rarely eat at Timmies because of the quality of their food - but boyfriend and I were roadtripping so we tried two different flavours.

He went for the Chocolatey one, I went for the unicornesque one (I like super sweet, pure granulated sugar taste eg. Nerds, skittles ect.)

Neither of us liked our doughnuts or finished them at all... I am not exaggerating when I say I'd eat a gobstopper that's weeks old off my floor if I found one, but the icing filling was just gross and the doughnut itself was like a dry version of their normal doughnuts...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
HalfTrack wrote:
Greenpeace also surveyed 20 major municipalities across Canada and found the combination of cups and lids were not collected for recycling in 15 of them.
The cups and lids have been among the top items found in shoreline cleanups across the country. That's helped earn Tim Hortons a place as one of Canada's "top plastic polluters" in Greenpeace's annual audits of branded plastic litter

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/tim- ... -1.5468748
Ummm...that's because you're not supposed to recycle coffee cups. The city of Toronto even drafted Jack Armstrong to help get the message out. I thought this was fairly common knowledge by now...how could Greenpeace not know this?
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1473 posts
438 upvotes
kool1 wrote: Well no one can help you with that. You can save a couple of minutes or you can help reduce pollution. Your choice.
and how do you use reusable at drive thru? Order small and tell them you have your own cup..then drive up to window and give them your 128 oz cup.. wait for them to fill it.. and piss people off behind you ?
Dec 26, 2013
229 posts
263 upvotes
Cambridge
jeff1970 wrote: I was going to say 'how do you figure' but that's pretty close, $36M this year total. Hoping I win the car this year, but who am I kidding. (trying to jinx myself)
I've got my fingers crossed for the car as well haha. Loving my 2017 IONIQ EV, wouldn't mind the 2020 ;)
$60/10GB - Koodo --- $70 Huawei P20 - Koodo
$24.99 500U Internet - Rogers -- $50 Nest Hello Doorbell (HBC)
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
jdawgg94 wrote: FYI the new Dream Doughnuts are nauseating, I rarely eat at Timmies because of the quality of their food - but boyfriend and I were roadtripping so we tried two different flavours.

He went for the Chocolatey one, I went for the unicornesque one (I like super sweet, pure granulated sugar taste eg. Nerds, skittles ect.)

Neither of us liked our doughnuts or finished them at all... I am not exaggerating when I say I'd eat a gobstopper that's weeks old off my floor if I found one, but the icing filling was just gross and the doughnut itself was like a dry version of their normal doughnuts...
The Dulce de Leche is delicious tho. I'm a big fan of Dulce de Leche, and it kinda remind me of churros a bit. But I think how they store handles it may impact a bit on those. I had one at the "fancy" one on 130 King West and tasted a lot better than the "regular" store. Maybe it's fresher, or maybe they made it better while it wasn't so "mass-produced"
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4102 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
So Star Bucks will be banning the use of reusable coffee cups, at least in the USA. My understanding is that this will be happening in Canada too in the coming days or weeks.

On topic, heard from the grapevine that grocery stores might be banning their customers from using reusable bags as well.
Why can't we all just get along?
Mar 25, 2015
61 posts
147 upvotes
Sudbury, Ontario
neonic wrote: The Dulce de Leche is delicious tho. I'm a big fan of Dulce de Leche, and it kinda remind me of churros a bit. But I think how they store handles it may impact a bit on those. I had one at the "fancy" one on 130 King West and tasted a lot better than the "regular" store. Maybe it's fresher, or maybe they made it better while it wasn't so "mass-produced"
and that was the one we didn't try lol, I'll take your word for it - I'd definitely say don't waste your time with the other two.
Jan 29, 2020
85 posts
46 upvotes
Winnipeg
Both our Tims in town are open 24/7. So would the giveaway begin at the stroke of midnight, or what?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)