Nov 20, 2017
701 posts
647 upvotes
Toronto

Free Ride Wednesdays - Toronto Bike Share

Deal Link:
Savings:
GET STARTED

1) On Wednesdays, go to one of our stations or download the CycleFinder app.

2) Select "Buy a Pass" on a kiosk touch screen or app and select "$0 One-Day Pass" and follow the on screen instructions.

3) Get riding by entering your 5-digit ride code on any dock with an available bike

4) Enjoy unlimited 30-minute, station-to-station trips while your pass is active. For every trip exceeding 30 minutes, overage fees will accumulate at a rate of $4 per additional 30 minutes of trip time.

5) Return your bike to any station to end your trip. To ride again, select "I Have a Pass" at a kiosk and insert your credit card, or use the CycleFinder app. Take as many free 30-minute trips as you like while your pass is still active.
50 replies
Mar 10, 2017
254 posts
233 upvotes
Bat Cave
Nice find OP! Always wanted to give it a shot. Biking in the city core still terrifies me. Maybe I'll stick around the Bloor area where they have designated lanes.
My horn can pierce the sky
Apr 25, 2017
637 posts
454 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The presto card discount for bikeshare is 20% now, 2 years ago it was 40%, last year it was 30%...
I guess in 2021, there's no discount for bikeshare annual membership,:(
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3478 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
WayneEnterprise wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 9:50 am
Nice find OP! Always wanted to give it a shot. Biking in the city core still terrifies me. Maybe I'll stick around the Bloor area where they have designated lanes.
maybe try going along the bike path by the water. there are plenty of bike docks there and it runs for miles.
Last edited by MoonDoggy on Aug 1st, 2019 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 19, 2017
13 posts
7 upvotes
I have used their service in the past successfully. But the last time I used their free promo, I was charged the daily fee. I did not complain but I guess I should have. I only took out the bike for 15min. I don't know if their new app indicates whether the bike was returned to the docking station because If does, I would try this promo again.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18353 posts
17067 upvotes
Toronto
WayneEnterprise wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 9:50 am
you can grab a free cycling map at City Hall, community centres, and some libraries. It shows some good alternate routes.

highly recommend Can Bike course too for people that uneasy about biking in the city

https://www.toronto.ca/services-payment ... formation/
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
Nov 24, 2002
190 posts
66 upvotes
>Free Bike Wednesdays!

>Month starts on a Thursday
May 21, 2019
90 posts
42 upvotes
Free wednesdays in August.. thats a good deal..

Because their regular pricing is expensive and I hardly see anyone using it.

In toronto, people can just use the TTC (similar in price) or even walk (free)
Feb 2, 2014
529 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
MagicPants wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 12:00 pm
Free wednesdays in August.. thats a good deal..

Because their regular pricing is expensive and I hardly see anyone using it.

In toronto, people can just use the TTC (similar in price) or even walk (free)

"In the past 12 months alone, Bike Share Toronto reached a new record of 2.1 million rides, the most rides ever in a 12-month period." But thanks for your anecdotal take, that's really helpful.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.5208225
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5027 posts
2078 upvotes
what the hell will you do with only 30mins? takes 2 mins just to get on the bike and get everything adjusted.
Dec 7, 2003
812 posts
75 upvotes
If it takes you 2 minutes, you are doing something wrong.
badOne wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 12:06 pm
what the hell will you do with only 30mins? takes 2 mins just to get on the bike and get everything adjusted.
Jan 6, 2013
125 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 12:06 pm
You can adjust the bike before taking it out. Also 30 minutes is literally plenty of time to bike to any station from the center of the city. Further still, want more time? Re-dock the bike and grab a new one before 30 minutes is up.