• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2019 11:13 am
Jan 21, 2010
389 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
SamG852 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 10:45 am
This!!!!... it's amazing how far we'll go to avoid an inconvenience over a short period of time in spite of long term consequences. I try to catch myself as often as possible.
This is the absolute truth. Good on you for realizing it! Future generations will curse us for our hedonism if we continue to be so detached from the consequences of our own behaviour
Jan 21, 2010
389 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
Tranceplant wrote:
Jul 8th, 2019 12:19 am
You know, there's an easy solution to this: don't take 5 hours to drink it and your straw will be fine. I exaggerate but you know what I mean.
Or just grab another straw. 10 second trip to the condiments counter. God forbid people are forced to walk
Mar 23, 2017
234 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
Just a thought on another solution.... drink from the cup directly? Sip slow if you want to aerate or bring your own sippy cup. You could also buy a steel straw to bring with. Lots of options.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3604 posts
2190 upvotes
Toronto and London
Limit one per person.
Images
  • SmartSelect_20190719-094034_Samsung Internet.jpg
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12120 posts
1806 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Sucks becuz A&W doesnt provide ICE. They want you to buy the frosted mug version. What chain offers drinks without ice?? So expect warm root beer. Pathetic.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1807 posts
771 upvotes
Vancouveresque
aznnorth wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 9:51 am
Sucks becuz A&W doesnt provide ICE. They want you to buy the frosted mug version. What chain offers drinks without ice?? So expect warm root beer. Pathetic.
A&W chills the beverages, but the issue is that during free root beer day, some stores put the root beer in the cups ahead of time, so they warm up. If they put ice in the drinks as well, the ice would melt too.
Dec 2, 2008
38 posts
14 upvotes
Hamilton
aznnorth wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 9:51 am
They don't serve ice cause it waters down the drinks. They use refrigerated fountains instead. The real question is who wants ice in their drink watering it down and affecting the taste?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12120 posts
1806 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
GeeCee wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 10:21 am
A&W chills the beverages, but the issue is that during free root beer day, some stores put the root beer in the cups ahead of time, so they warm up. If they put ice in the drinks as well, the ice would melt too.
Scynthe wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 10:33 am
They don't serve ice cause it waters down the drinks. They use refrigerated fountains instead. The real question is who wants ice in their drink watering it down and affecting the taste?
Blah, blah... excuses! Tell that that to all the other chains doing booming business - with ice! *welp*
Jan 1, 2013
388 posts
222 upvotes
POINTE-CLAIRE
Pretty sure I've always had ice on take-out...but could be wrong. I'm sure if they did, complaints would read, "My free drink was almost ALL ice, three sips and it was all gone, will pass and go pay for $1 drink at McDonald's."
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12120 posts
1806 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
jetcap wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 10:37 am
Pretty sure I've always had ice on take-out...but could be wrong. I'm sure if they did, complaints would read, "My free drink was almost ALL ice, three sips and it was all gone, will pass and go pay for $1 drink (ANY SIZE) at McDonald's - with ICE."
Edit: Note the correction. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes :twisted:
Last edited by aznnorth on Jul 19th, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 2, 2011
211 posts
161 upvotes
Since the plastic lid is not going anywhere, why is it they don't just sell soft drinks with coffee lids?
If it's safe enough for my liquid fire, it's safe enough for my sugary drink. (I get it doesn't make sense for an American medium+ size drink, that requires a modified cup holder, but should be fine solution for most sizes in the rest of the world no?)