None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6197 posts
6153 upvotes
Downtown Canada

Free Safety Inspections @ Canadian Tire paid for by Uber

Make sure to mention that it's for Uber. Currently selling my car with Safety and this Uber promo came handy.
20 replies
Sep 19, 2009
652 posts
526 upvotes
Ottawa
All you needed for safety was a refill of your headlight fluid?
Dec 11, 2010
468 posts
119 upvotes
This deal is about as cold as you can get. Google "Canadian Tire Auto Rip Off" and you'll know what I mean
Jul 12, 2005
548 posts
313 upvotes
Did u mean crappy tire...
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4345 posts
1172 upvotes
Charlottetown
chukurific wrote: All you needed for safety was a refill of your headlight fluid?
after they replaced the headlight core and did a full headlight fluid flush :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6197 posts
6153 upvotes
Downtown Canada
2011Blinky wrote: This deal is about as cold as you can get. Google "Canadian Tire Auto Rip Off" and you'll know what I mean
Sure I wouldn't pay or take my car to get serviced there, but free is free
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6197 posts
6153 upvotes
Downtown Canada
townie22 wrote: after they replaced the headlight core and did a full headlight fluid flush :)
And recommended yearly oil changes for your headlight lol
Dec 11, 2010
468 posts
119 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: Sure I wouldn't pay or take my car to get serviced there, but free is free
It's not free when you waste your precious time only to be told by them that your vehicle needs $500 worth of unnecessary work done to it
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6631 posts
2740 upvotes
Canada
LOL

"Here is $900 worth of repairs we could come up with, would you like us to take care of it right now while your here?"
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4345 posts
1172 upvotes
Charlottetown
TransporterSD wrote: Sure I wouldn't pay or take my car to get serviced there, but free is free
the way it works here, i believe, is once a car is inspected and failed, and written up with repairs needed, plus rejection sticker is placed on car and a copy of the inspection goes to Motor Vehicle Dept, that is the repair work that has to be done to pass, no matter where else you take it, it can't be re-inspected by any other mechanic/shop, and CT would go over your car with a fine toothed comb, it would cost you in extra repairs much more than the price of a motor vehicle inspection in the end.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13899 posts
8993 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Beware! Enter at your own risk.....

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14922 posts
1199 upvotes
Markham
townie22 wrote: the way it works here, i believe, is once a car is inspected and failed, and written up with repairs needed, plus rejection sticker is placed on car and a copy of the inspection goes to Motor Vehicle Dept, that is the repair work that has to be done to pass, no matter where else you take it, it can't be re-inspected by any other mechanic/shop, and CT would go over your car with a fine toothed comb, it would cost you in extra repairs much more than the price of a motor vehicle inspection in the end.
Yikes, better off going to an reputable independent mechanic
ShadowVlican
Mar 19, 2015
270 posts
257 upvotes
North York, ON
Despite this being free, I still would not take my car there lol
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8323 posts
1237 upvotes
TO
Lol Uber and crappy tire in the same thread/deal. Someone please bring the popcorn lol
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Apr 1, 2009
297 posts
283 upvotes
Winnipeg
As said previously, this place is a *****ing joke and will lock you into unnecessary and mandatory repairs. They just check random ***** off on a piece of paper. GF took her vehicle there for the safety and elsewhere for the work - the work they specified was not needed, but had to be completed to satisfy the safety. Meanwhile, other work that actually needed to be done was totally overlooked. So, not safe, twice as expensive, and when she took the paperwork back to them, they didn't even verify that the work had been done, they just stamped the papers. AVOID. The only way you should take your vehicle there is through the *****ing doors at top speed.
Nov 1, 2015
940 posts
888 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
I hate Canadian Tire's stupid jingle.. Trust the Midas touch! ~~~