Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Post

Free Shipping Tuesday for Small Business on October 6, 13, 20, and 27, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2021 3:22 pm
Sep 30, 2020
345 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
ariel wrote: Just remember that if you need that tracking number to scan right away, dropping it in the mailbox will take longer. I am in Toronto and the one that took the longest finally surfaced in Calgary where it was scanned for the first time after TEN days. I mail 2-6 packages a week and mailbox scans take an average of 2 days
Yes, that's a great point. It averages 1-2 days for me as well in my experience when the first scan at the sorting facility occurs. Very rarely it's the evening hours of that same night that I deposit the item (let's say I deposit on a Monday, that's Monday night), but most typically the next day (a Tuesday) and sometimes the day after (Wednesday). In my experience, one can improve the speed slightly by choosing a mailbox with a 9:00 am collection time (i.e. mailing at 7:00 am) vs. a 5:00 pm collection time (and these are just rough estimates about the driver's route), but it's no guarantee. Also, contrary to what a poster said several posts back, the collection carrier does not scan items when emptying the mailbox - everything is bagged up for processing at the sorting facility.
Sep 16, 2010
996 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
I get the Server busy message when I click on SnapShip since last Tuesday (Tried it a few times today as well). Anyone knows how to resolve the issue? Have tried it on different browsers, incognito mode, etc. Thanks!
Sep 30, 2020
345 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
torspiker wrote: I get the Server busy message when I click on SnapShip since last Tuesday (Tried it a few times today as well). Anyone knows how to resolve the issue? Have tried it on different browsers, incognito mode, etc. Thanks!
If the server really is busy, you might try at off-peak hours. But this issue can happen with that somewhat generic/misleading error message if you're signed onto your personal Canadapost.ca account (for "FlexDelivery", etc.) and haven't toggled over to one you might be using for your small business account. You can visit any pages at Canadapost.ca and if you're signed-on to your personal account, make sure you're "signed out". I suggest you start from this landing page of theirs and use the blue "Ship Now". Then, on a sign-on prompt, make sure to use your small business account.

If that doesn't help, you might try clearing your cache or any cookies set by Canadapost.ca (selective deletion based on that domain); I had an issue a few years ago when they revamped things and I couldn't logon with any browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and IE at the time) that had a prior cookie set (because I'd logged on at least once on each of those browsers) - deleting all the cookies associated with Canadapost resolved it perfectly.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4982 posts
580 upvotes
BC
Havent sold anything yet the last few days, looks like wont be using it tmr Pensive Face
Sep 29, 2010
779 posts
1596 upvotes
Dragynfyre wrote: Yes. I did that for my dad last Tuesday. The from address should be the address you're sending from though. Not your own.
just playing devil's advocate here... but i do want this idea to work as well...
but if the small business is located at address A (on file with the small business account with canada post)... does canada post not find an "error" with mailing something from your small business from a different address/city ... to you (address A)?
does that make sense?
while the origin city of the package may be different... it is still like mailing something to yourself...
so that's allowed?
Dec 7, 2012
911 posts
675 upvotes
Ontario
greatgordini wrote: just playing devil's advocate here... but i do want this idea to work as well...
but if the small business is located at address A (on file with the small business account with canada post)... does canada post not find an "error" with mailing something from your small business from a different address/city ... to you (address A)?
does that make sense?
while the origin city of the package may be different... it is still like mailing something to yourself...
so that's allowed?
They don't verify anything. You can set the sender address to anything you want, including nonexistent addresses and it still generates the labels.

I use Free Tuesdays to create return labels ahead of time for things I sell online and just put random Post Office addresses in various provinces as the sender and my PO Box as the destination. When I need to use the label, I just edit the PDF with the buyer's address and send them the label to use for the return. As long as the From address you entered when buying the label is in the same province you should be good.

The labels also don't expire so you can use them a year later (only problem is CPC recycles tracking numbers so you may get a "Multiple PIN" error when trying to track it if the same tracking number was re-used in the meantime).
Feb 28, 2006
766 posts
241 upvotes
ye, I noticed that too, not sure it will work on Tuesday or Wednesday.Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Sep 30, 2020
345 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
EliteJay wrote: Anyone else notice their website is incorrectly counting down to Wednesday rather than Tues? Canada Post can't seem to do anything right Lol...
That's funny! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes It seems fixed now (in fst-2020.js) with the correct October 13th appearing.
Oct13Promo.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
2085 posts
1030 upvotes
Just printed my label :)

Oct13 is the code.
Mar 11, 2020
550 posts
230 upvotes
i don't see it anywhere else in this forum unless im missing something, but what's the max size you can put? can someone give me exact dimensions?
May 19, 2008
777 posts
365 upvotes
I had to pay 2.27 in the end. Never did before. Was within the limits
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
3074 posts
2101 upvotes
Midland
Is it possible to edit my package sizes after entering one? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. I want to make sure the weight is 100% accurate to avoid it being returned to me.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8049 posts
8626 upvotes
Downtown Canada
don't forget about this deal, it can easily lost with all these amazon prime deals.
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4686 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
cream4389 wrote: i don't see it anywhere else in this forum unless im missing something, but what's the max size you can put? can someone give me exact dimensions?
beezus888 wrote: I had to pay 2.27 in the end. Never did before. Was within the limits
You'll have to pay if the volumetric weight of your parcel is over 5 kg.

To calculate the volumetric weight, multiply H x W x L (cm), then divide by 5000. the result must be 5 or less if you want free shipping.

For example, these parcel dimensions will fall within the limit:

• 29.2 x 29.2 x 29.2 cm
  • 10 x 10 x 250 cm
Oct 18, 2015
388 posts
279 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have been trying since last night and can only get server busy error. I tried new browser, different computer, etc.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
PSA to make sure that the barcode scans when dropping off -YMMV.
Mailed a small parcel Xpresspost (paypal) for ebay sale, dropped off at counter, barcode doesn't scan (my printer issue perhaps) counter made a manual entry for scan.
Now the package is still 'in transit' 4 weeks later, assume it is gone.

I've never had this issue for 10 years so I never bought extra insurance, now I'm down a couple hundred and still without any response from CPC...
Now I'm paranoid whenever mailing thru CPC.

Anyone has had recent issues like such lately?
May 19, 2008
777 posts
365 upvotes
ChinpokoMon wrote: You'll have to pay if the volumetric weight of your parcel is over 5 kg.

To calculate the volumetric weight, multiply H x W x L (cm), then divide by 5000. the result must be 5 or less if you want free shipping.

For example, these parcel dimensions will fall within the limit:

• 29.2 x 29.2 x 29.2 cm
  • 10 x 10 x 250 cm
Thanks. It was 35 × 30 x 30 cm. Just a tad over.
Jan 5, 2020
22 posts
5 upvotes
Seanne wrote: PSA to make sure that the barcode scans when dropping off -YMMV.
Mailed a small parcel Xpresspost (paypal) for ebay sale, dropped off at counter, barcode doesn't scan (my printer issue perhaps) counter made a manual entry for scan.
Now the package is still 'in transit' 4 weeks later, assume it is gone.

I've never had this issue for 10 years so I never bought extra insurance, now I'm down a couple hundred and still without any response from CPC...
Now I'm paranoid whenever mailing thru CPC.

Anyone has had recent issues like such lately?
that's messed up. technically the package should come back to the sender's (you) address, shouldn't it? curious, what was the value?

i have a somewhat similar situation... i've been shipping internationally quite a bit this past month. the whereabouts of my packages get updated almost daily through tracking.. no problems so far, except the most valuable package of all, of course. 700$ is the value. did i pay god knows how much extra to get it insured for 700$? nope, why would i if i never had any issue, right? well this package was last updated a week ago with "international item being forwarded to destination country", then nothing. all the other times i've shipped internationally, i've had that message and then pretty much the day after it says "arrived in X country's sorting facility", but this one hasn't had any update and i'm freaking out. really hope they didn't lose this package.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)