Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Post] Free Shipping Tuesday for Small Business on October 6, 13, 20, and 27, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2020 10:46 pm
May 2, 2017
908 posts
1762 upvotes
Sunwoo5 wrote: that's messed up. technically the package should come back to the sender's (you) address, shouldn't it? curious, what was the value?

i have a somewhat similar situation... i've been shipping internationally quite a bit this past month. the whereabouts of my packages get updated almost daily through tracking.. no problems so far, except the most valuable package of all, of course. 700$ is the value. did i pay god knows how much extra to get it insured for 700$? nope, why would i if i never had any issue, right? well this package was last updated a week ago with "international item being forwarded to destination country", then nothing. all the other times i've shipped internationally, i've had that message and then pretty much the day after it says "arrived in X country's sorting facility", but this one hasn't had any update and i'm freaking out. really hope they didn't lose this package.
Oh crap 700 is significant. Sold a phone for 200. They just keep sayin, 'covid delays blah blah', but at this point im certain its MIA. In theory they would send back IF it gets found, but that is very unlikely. Now im regretting maybe if i sent it thru regular or expedited this might not have been an issue. Im sure your item will show up. Mine stopped updating right after i dropped it off... I was assuming nobody was scanning it because of the barcode and it would just show as delivered, but nope, still in transit.
Jan 5, 2020
18 posts
4 upvotes
Seanne wrote: Oh crap 700 is significant. Sold a phone for 200. They just keep sayin, 'covid delays blah blah', but at this point im certain its MIA. In theory they would send back IF it gets found, but that is very unlikely. Now im regretting maybe if i sent it thru regular or expedited this might not have been an issue. Im sure your item will show up. Mine stopped updating right after i dropped it off... I was assuming nobody was scanning it because of the barcode and it would just show as delivered, but nope, still in transit.
why do you think it would've made a difference if you used regular/expedited?
May 2, 2017
908 posts
1762 upvotes
Sunwoo5 wrote: why do you think it would've made a difference if you used regular/expedited?
Because 98% of my orders were expedited with no issues. Idk do they go in a different plane for the 2 day guarantee? Is the 2 day plane not filled with boxes so it isnt flying? Is that pilot affected by covid and not many boxes in plane so they just delay it? Too many questions and assumptions. Its almost impossible to lose a box with 2 addresses on there. Did they steal it because it was xpresspost and assumed it was an expensive item? Idk idk
Jan 5, 2020
18 posts
4 upvotes
Seanne wrote: Because 98% of my orders were expedited with no issues. Idk do they go in a different plane for the 2 day guarantee? Is the 2 day plane not filled with boxes so it isnt flying? Is that pilot affected by covid and not many boxes in plane so they just delay it? Too many questions and assumptions. Its almost impossible to lose a box with 2 addresses on there. Did they steal it because it was xpresspost and assumed it was an expensive item? Idk idk
there's still no excuse for losing a package that is tracked, like that doesn't even make sense. sure, go lose an untracked package, but a tracked one? i don't get it.
you do know that there's 100$ "free" insurance right? worst case scenario you can still get 100$ back.

now getting back to the topic at hand... has anyone used the "1-time free pick up from home" option? how far in advance do you have to book? it does say free until oct 31st on their website; can it be used any day of the week or does the package need to be created on these magic tuesdays?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2308 posts
723 upvotes
Whitehorse
beezus888 wrote: I had to pay 2.27 in the end. Never did before. Was within the limits
What would have been the price without the coupon? I am trying to figure out what the maximum discount is if I ship something that is bigger and heavier. :-) TNX
May 19, 2008
606 posts
210 upvotes
I think it was a $21 savings so 23 and change. But the dimensions were just slightly over according to chinpokomon that is why there was a charge
Feb 7, 2015
244 posts
164 upvotes
Seanne wrote: PSA to make sure that the barcode scans when dropping off -YMMV.
Mailed a small parcel Xpresspost (paypal) for ebay sale, dropped off at counter, barcode doesn't scan (my printer issue perhaps) counter made a manual entry for scan.
Now the package is still 'in transit' 4 weeks later, assume it is gone.

I've never had this issue for 10 years so I never bought extra insurance, now I'm down a couple hundred and still without any response from CPC...
Now I'm paranoid whenever mailing thru CPC.

Anyone has had recent issues like such lately?
I experienced this few years ago. I made a case with Canada post to track it down and they're able to track it and send it to the recipient after more than a month. Turns out my bacode on the label was blurry because of my crappy printer at that time.
May 2, 2017
908 posts
1762 upvotes
narut0 wrote: I experienced this few years ago. I made a case with Canada post to track it down and they're able to track it and send it to the recipient after more than a month. Turns out my bacode on the label was blurry because of my crappy printer at that time.
hopefully they would send it back to the sender because I've refunded that buyer.
did you get paid the insurance?
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1064 posts
890 upvotes
Canadapost is so convenient, you just drop it off here and the machine gives you a receipt. I've even done so at midnight and the machine is still on
The stamp machine next to it is also super convenient, it prints out any stamp amount of stickers even not sold normally in booklets

CP shipping can be super expensive though even if you just pay the overage charge. I can ship a massive box by UPS for $6 whereas it would be more with CP even with the free coupon + overage charge

Feb 7, 2015
244 posts
164 upvotes
Seanne wrote: hopefully they would send it back to the sender because I've refunded that buyer.
did you get paid the insurance?
Sadly, I didn't get paid Insurance cause their reasoning they were able to track it down and send to the recipient. I think he got the package in 5weeks instead of 2weeks. Buyer followed up with me on the 3rd week and at that time I contacted Canada post to trace the package. I was told barcode was blurry that's why their scanning belt machine wasn't able to scan it. I figured it was my crappy old printer dying on me and gave me those kind of smudges barcode. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Feb 7, 2015
244 posts
164 upvotes
l1197493 wrote: Canadapost is so convenient, you just drop it off here and the machine gives you a receipt. I've even done so at midnight and the machine is still on
The stamp machine next to it is also super convenient, it prints out any stamp amount of stickers even not sold normally in booklets

CP shipping can be super expensive though even if you just pay the overage charge. I can ship a massive box by UPS for $6 whereas it would be more with CP even with the free coupon + overage charge

Is this at selected post office only? Or they're planning to roll this type of machine nationwide? I don't see this at my local shoppers. Crying Face
May 2, 2017
908 posts
1762 upvotes
narut0 wrote: Sadly, I didn't get paid Insurance cause their reasoning they were able to track it down and send to the recipient. I think he got the package in 5weeks instead of 2weeks. Buyer followed up with me on the 3rd week and at that time I contacted Canada post to trace the package. I was told barcode was blurry that's why their scanning belt machine wasn't able to scan it. I figured it was my crappy old printer dying on me and gave me those kind of smudges barcode. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
frick. i assume you refunded the buyer due to ebay rules. at 5 weeks it is up to the buyer to pay you or keep the item for free...
Feb 7, 2015
244 posts
164 upvotes
Seanne wrote: frick. i assume you refunded the buyer due to ebay rules. at 5 weeks it is up to the buyer to pay you or keep the item for free...
The buyer didn't ask for a refund though. He didn't even complain or file a case or even left a negatively feedback lol. I think it just happened thank God that the buyer was so nice and very patient about it. I'm screwed if he's not.
Nov 20, 2014
344 posts
113 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
narut0 wrote: Is this at selected post office only? Or they're planning to roll this type of machine nationwide? I don't see this at my local shoppers. Crying Face

Must be the ones that are standalone?
Jan 5, 2020
18 posts
4 upvotes
l1197493 wrote: Canadapost is so convenient, you just drop it off here and the machine gives you a receipt. I've even done so at midnight and the machine is still on

6$ for a massive box by UPS? care to enlighten those of us who don't know about this? i thought CP was the cheapest shipping option...
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1064 posts
890 upvotes
Sunwoo5 wrote: 6$ for a massive box by UPS? care to enlighten those of us who don't know about this? i thought CP was the cheapest shipping option...
Actually it was like $6.86 or something, I forget, but less than $7 for 4-5 kilos (within the SAME province)
I sent massive 8 and 10 kilo boxes across the country and it was $17.xx so a bit more if you plan to do that

You need a discounted partner because they get mass rates for UPS, but it's free, they just give you their discount. I think there is a popular one is called "Chit Chats" (but I don't use them since they send mainly to the US)
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1064 posts
890 upvotes
narut0 wrote: Is this at selected post office only? Or they're planning to roll this type of machine nationwide? I don't see this at my local shoppers. Crying Face
I would think they are planning to roll these out everywhere? since they don't need anyone to be there so there is no labour cost. You just scan your barcode, open the drawer, slide your box down the chute, close the drawer, then the machine spits out your receipt. My Shoppers used to be 24/7 before the pandemic but now it closes at midnight so hopefully they get back to 24/7 once the pandemic slows down cause it's super convenient to bring packages in late at night or early in the morning when no one is around
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1569 posts
837 upvotes
Canadapost is so convenient, you just drop it off here and the machine gives you a receipt. I've even done so at midnight and the machine is still on

this is great service to have in addition to their desk post services, saves a lot of time lining up at my local SDM. my only dislike is sometimes people with huge boxes, clog up the machine which makes it out of order until someone clears the back of the machine.. lol. this pic looks like the one i go to downtown Toronto, sometimes i miss talking to the post workers there that are really nice = )
Mar 7, 2011
396 posts
511 upvotes
Does any one know if Xpresspost is included with this deal. I need to send some documents via Xpresspost (that's the requirement).
Oct 3, 2011
184 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
yashgandhi wrote: Does any one know if Xpresspost is included with this deal. I need to send some documents via Xpresspost (that's the requirement).
Think it's only expedited