Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Post] Free Shipping Tuesday for Small Business on October 6, 13, 20, and 27, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2020 10:46 pm
Sep 16, 2010
867 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
This is the best deal of the year. Loved the free USA shipping last year and hope they bring it back this year too!
Sep 29, 2010
385 posts
459 upvotes
Canucks640 wrote: "This offer is exclusive to Canada Post Solutions for Small BusinessTM members. The Canada Post Snap ShipTM tool and the unique promotional codes associated with this offer are not available to Solutions for Small Business customers who have a pre-existing parcel agreement with Canada Post."
That's still not 100% clear - it's exclusive to "Canada Post Solutions for Small BusinessTM members", but it doesn't say you have to have a small business to be a member (or what qualifies as a small business).

I think what most people want to know is "Is this going to create some tax issue if I want to open an account to get a discount on/free shipping of personal items?" like, does this get cross-referenced/reported to the tax man?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4750 posts
2225 upvotes
Kfox wrote: time to return those Darn Tough socks to Vancouver for free replacement. Thanks OP!
Oh they have a return location in Vancouver?
Was debating giving a pair a try.
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Mar 11, 2020
160 posts
96 upvotes
jeffk wrote: Yes, I couldn't log in last night. I tried as I wanted to see if snap ship was working again. It didn't earlier this week and had to use their old tool
were you able to log in with the old tool?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2345 posts
1176 upvotes
Scarborough
Finally, something that doesn’t suck in 2020
Dec 9, 2009
35 posts
2 upvotes
Kincardine
I was able to log in and use snap ship right up to "add to cart". After pushing the button it greyed out but page went nowhere. Nothing was in my cart. I used three different browsers. I was able to select use EST online (which it said would be discontinued in 2020). It was a horrible process that tool and was more expensive. It all works for me today (just now).
Sep 29, 2010
308 posts
427 upvotes
i can vouch for this program. got myself a replacement pair not too long ago. what i have yet to learn is whether this warranty carries on in perpetuity... ie for the replacement pair as well... but that's a topic for another forum.

can't wait to try free shipping on oct 6.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1469 posts
763 upvotes
Montreal
pdipps wrote: That's still not 100% clear - it's exclusive to "Canada Post Solutions for Small BusinessTM members", but it doesn't say you have to have a small business to be a member (or what qualifies as a small business).

I think what most people want to know is "Is this going to create some tax issue if I want to open an account to get a discount on/free shipping of personal items?" like, does this get cross-referenced/reported to the tax man?
You don't need an official small business. You can apply using your own name, since anyone can do business under their own name. The CRA won't care if you have an account at Canada Post; getting a few free labels is not evidence of taxable income.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2008
1663 posts
376 upvotes
FYI anyone can make a Canada Post Small Business login. It gives you some tiny discounts off of counter rates and access to a better online tool for creating shipping labels.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2007
1124 posts
763 upvotes
Great to see this back. I hope they do the one free international package promo too after this. I have lots of stuff to send overseas :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7160 posts
1188 upvotes
Toronto
Rishi wrote: FYI anyone can make a Canada Post Small Business login. It gives you some tiny discounts off of counter rates and access to a better online tool for creating shipping labels.
Yes, if you are a low-volume shopper you get around 5% discount. But if you ship more you might get 10 or 20% off.

In a month when I ship a lot I get a bigger discount. Then if I do less shipping, the discount reverts to a lower percentage.
Last edited by Inno on Sep 27th, 2020 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 27, 2016
117 posts
71 upvotes
Canucks640 wrote: "This offer is exclusive to Canada Post Solutions for Small BusinessTM members. The Canada Post Snap ShipTM tool and the unique promotional codes associated with this offer are not available to Solutions for Small Business customers who have a pre-existing parcel agreement with Canada Post."
So I suppose this is for majority of individuals that could simply create a Small Business account at Canada Post today ? They do offer some minor discount on volume but would that be considered a parcel agreement ?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7160 posts
1188 upvotes
Toronto
Resposi wrote: So I suppose this is for majority of individuals that could simply create a Small Business account at Canada Post today ? They do offer some minor discount on volume but would that be considered a parcel agreement ?
The automatic volume discount is generated by the SnapShip site. A parcel agreement is more formal, for Amazon etc where they negotiate $2 a package or something for their millions of shipments
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10237 posts
665 upvotes
Mississauga
Does the label have to be made on a Tuesday or can you make the label on Tuesday and ship on a Wednesday?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1469 posts
763 upvotes
Montreal
Tijuana wrote: Does the label have to be made on a Tuesday or can you make the label on Tuesday and ship on a Wednesday?
The label has to be made on Tuesday, but it can be shipped whenever.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2340 posts
1162 upvotes
London
greatgordini wrote: thanks OP. signed up.
looks like they have a weight restriction of 5kg (above which one would just pay extra)... and an undefined "size specification."

anyone know how label making works?
do i need a special printer or can i just print on 8x11 paper and tape it to the box?

... edit... found what might be the "size specifications"...

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manu ... sp#1462922

Each item must meet the following size and weight specifications:

Table 1: Size and weight

Priority, Xpresspost, Expedited Parcel, Regular Parcel,
Documents and Parcels: min. Length = 100 mm; Width = 70 mm; Height = 1 mm; Weight = None
max. Length: 2 m; Length + Girth*: 3 m; Weight = 30 kg**
Mailing Tube: min. 100 mm x 23 mm x 23 mm
(A surcharge will be applied to mailing tubes that are cylindrical in shape)

*Girth = (height x 2) + (width x 2)
**Individual items deposited weighing over 22.7 kg must bear an Overweight Parcels sticker (33-086-456).
they have always had one but i've sent heavier stuff and they never charged extra. but if they do a free international shipment this year like they did last year don't try it with that because customs caught it and returned it to me.

and no u don't need a special printer it will print fine on a 8.5x11 paper just make sure its set to landscape mode.

also https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/mail-pac ... ution=e1s1 if u go to the canada post store and log in with your account u can order a 100 pack of pouches free of charge u fold the label in half and it fits perfectly in side so u don't have to tap the label on.

and if u make a fedex account u can order free bubble envelopes witch can double as bubble wrap and u can get free tape to as well as free small med and large flat rate fedex boxes and canada post could careless if u use a fedex box.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1469 posts
763 upvotes
Montreal
aaron158 wrote: they have always had one but i've sent heavier stuff and they never charged extra. but if they do a free international shipment this year like they did last year don't try it with that because customs caught it and returned it to me.
So you entered 5kg to get the free label, then customs returned it to you because the actual weight was higher? That must've been a large discrepancy.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2340 posts
1162 upvotes
London
one thing that looks someone downgraded this year is it only says Expedited Parcel in the terms were past years u could pick Expedited or xpresspost making Expedited rather pointless since who would pick the slower one if they didn't have to. guess with covid though it really don't mean much then there is no time guarantee still.