Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Post] Free Shipping Tuesday for Small Business on October 6, 13, 20, and 27, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2020 10:46 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2351 posts
1173 upvotes
London
Noobzilla wrote: So you entered 5kg to get the free label, then customs returned it to you because the actual weight was higher? That must've been a large discrepancy.
the international one was limited to 2kg witch is the wight limit for tracked packet. it was like a 10 pound package though i did call Canada post and the supervisor though he just told me to reprint the label with the cheapest method then give him the tracking number and he sent me the cheque for the money for the label it was over $100. he only did it though cuz the people at the post office weighed the package and they didn't even bring up the fact that it was so over weight and could get returned.
Sep 30, 2020
83 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
jeffk wrote: I was able to log in and use snap ship right up to "add to cart". After pushing the button it greyed out but page went nowhere. Nothing was in my cart. I used three different browsers. I was able to select use EST online (which it said would be discontinued in 2020). It was a horrible process that tool and was more expensive. It all works for me today (just now).
Glad it wasn't just me - I experienced the identical issue, without a way to advance the order and an empty cart. I regularly use Snap Ship for sending packages to family out West without incident. Tried three browsers, cookie/cache clear, and like you, eventually went back to the older EST Online (which they're pushing us away from as it'll be phased out) and EST Online worked fine. Good news to hear that it was working for you again a different time, later.

Just a note that unfortunately (in previous times with this "free shipping Tuesday" promotion), EST Online is not compatible with the same promo codes supported by Snap Ship for this promotion (it doesn't even recognize them as valid), so if this issue arises again, it's not an option to switch back to EST Online if one wants to get that discount. We'll see how it goes on this coming Tuesday. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2351 posts
1173 upvotes
London
CasualCauli wrote: Glad it wasn't just me - I experienced the identical issue, without a way to advance the order and an empty cart. I regularly use Snap Ship for sending packages to family out West without incident. Tried three browsers, cookie/cache clear, and like you, eventually went back to the older EST Online (which they're pushing us away from as it'll be phased out) and EST Online worked fine. Good news to hear that it was working for you again a different time, later.

Just a note that unfortunately (in previous times with this "free shipping Tuesday" promotion), EST Online is not compatible with the same promo codes supported by Snap Ship for this promotion (it doesn't even recognize them as valid), so if this issue arises again, it's not an option to switch back to EST Online if one wants to get that discount. We'll see how it goes on this coming Tuesday. :)
i never had that issue. the way i've done it in past years. was i setup all the info before midnight and get it to the last stage of the checkout were u have to put the code in. then in the couple min or so before midnight just keep trying to apply the code and get the final checkout done before the site crashes seem to work great doing it that way last year. were if u wait till a while after midnight the site is so bogged down and crashes.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2011
1032 posts
1206 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: one thing that looks someone downgraded this year is it only says Expedited Parcel in the terms were past years u could pick Expedited or xpresspost making Expedited rather pointless since who would pick the slower one if they didn't have to. guess with covid though it really don't mean much then there is no time guarantee still.
Oops, no more XpressPost.
CP is downgrading free shipping Tuesday every year.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2351 posts
1173 upvotes
London
BlackXstar wrote: Oops, no more XpressPost.
CP is downgrading free shipping Tuesday every year.
hows that its been the same every year since the started doing it other then last year were they tossed in 1 free international witch was an upgrade over past years. this is the first year the xpresspost hasn't been an option.
Sep 30, 2020
83 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
aaron158 wrote: i never had that issue. the way i've done it in past years. was i setup all the info before midnight and get it to the last stage of the checkout were u have to put the code in. then in the couple min or so before midnight just keep trying to apply the code and get the final checkout done before the site crashes seem to work great doing it that way last year. were if u wait till a while after midnight the site is so bogged down and crashes.
Yeah, my and the other poster's issue was no doubt due to the redesigned "cart" functionality that was added. Seems to be resolved, so we'll see!

That's a great reminder you had about website traffic load, though - in the past when they've offered this promotion, I do recall reading complaints about performance and timeouts. I always try it early on the Tuesdays (between 4:30 am-6:00 am Eastern) and never had problems during that timeslot.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1382 posts
878 upvotes
Canada East
Not availabe for existing small business already registerd ? or I'm reading it wrong.

" The Canada Post Snap ShipTM tool and the unique promotional codes associated with this offer are not available to Solutions for Small Business customers who have a pre-existing parcel agreement with Canada Post."
. . . .

Be Nice...

. . . .
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1470 posts
763 upvotes
Montreal
fonzy35 wrote: Not availabe for existing small business already registerd ? or I'm reading it wrong.

" The Canada Post Snap ShipTM tool and the unique promotional codes associated with this offer are not available to Solutions for Small Business customers who have a pre-existing parcel agreement with Canada Post."
I think that means it's not available if you have a contract with them - you negotiated a lower rate with the promise of shipping a minimum number of parcels per year.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1382 posts
878 upvotes
Canada East
Noobzilla wrote: I think that means it's not available if you have a contract with them - you negotiated a lower rate with the promise of shipping a minimum number of parcels per year.
Probably
thanks for replying
. . . .

Be Nice...

. . . .
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2365 posts
568 upvotes
lets see how many glitches they have this year and how slow it goes (or perhaps it will crash?)
last year they had to extend it another week into november as their 1st tues was a no go lol
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11662 posts
6575 upvotes
Markham
Not sure if asked... Can I arrange a pick up/ship to me for free as well?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2351 posts
1173 upvotes
London
gr8dlr wrote: Not sure if asked... Can I arrange a pick up/ship to me for free as well?
Free One-time On-Demand Pickup will be available from October 1, 2020 to October 31, 2020 through the Snap Ship online tool only.
May 31, 2012
415 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
Do I have to create a form online, or can I just go to a CP office on Tuesday with my VentureOne # and it should be free?
Saving on banking, phone, and credit card with Tangerine, Zoomer, and American Express! 😃
Sep 30, 2020
83 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
thinfilms wrote: Do I have to create a form online, or can I just go to a CP office on Tuesday with my VentureOne # and it should be free?
Alas, I don't think that is supported. Looking at their Free Shipping Tuesdays Terms & Conditions Page, the part I bolded would seem to rule that out. They probably don't want extra overhead (time demands) on the physical postal outlet processing that offer.
Offer

Members are eligible to redeem one (1) free Expedited ParcelTM item within Canada on each of October 6, 13, 20 and 27, 2020 from 12:00 am to 11:59 pm, Eastern Time. To qualify for this offer, the item must be processed using the Canada Post Snap Ship online tool in conjunction with a unique promotional code that will be displayed at canadapost.ca/freetuesdays on each of October 6, 13, 20 and 27, 2020. Each promotional code is valid only on the day it is displayed and can be used only once per customer number. To qualify for free Expedited Parcel shipping within Canada, the weight of the qualifying item must not exceed 5 kg (11 lb.) and must meet Canada Post’s size specifications. Additional charges for items exceeding the maximum weight and/or size specifications will apply. Some exceptions may apply. This offer does not apply to any service other than those described above, to options such as Signature, to fuel or other surcharges, or any applicable duties or taxes. All shipping labels created may be subject to cubing adjustments, which may result in additional costs. Customers taking advantage of this offer must create, print and affix the shipping label to the item prior to induction. One-time On-Demand Pickup is not available in all areas. Use the Canada Post pickup availability tool to find out if this service is available in your area. Free One-time On-Demand Pickup will be available from October 1, 2020 to October 31, 2020 through the Snap Ship online tool only. A valid credit card must be entered and saved to use Snap Ship and One-time On-Demand Pickup. A $1.00 hold on the credit card may occur but will not be charged for free qualifying items pursuant to this offer on each of October 6, 13, 20 and 27, 2020.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1570 posts
837 upvotes
bump for tomorrow . first time using this, going to save like $25-30 = )

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)