[Canada Post] Free Shipping Tuesdays are back October 5, 12, 19, 26

Deal Link:
Expiry:
October 26, 2021
Retailer:
Canada Post
More offers from Canada Post
Details from their site:

"To celebrate Small Business Month, Canada Post Solutions for Small Business members can send one free parcel within Canada every Tuesday, all month long!"

"How Free Shipping Tuesdays work

You must be a Solutions for Small Business member to use this promotion.

1. Get your promo code
Find your promo code here every Tuesday in October.

2. Sign in to Snap Ship
Sign in to Canada Post Snap Ship and select Expedited Parcel to ship a free package (up to 5 kg open volumetric calculator) within Canada.

3. Create your shipping label
Prepare your shipping label in Snap Ship. Enter that Tuesday's promo code on the “Your Order” page. A credit card or supplier account number is needed, but you will not be charged unless your package is over 5 kg. open volumetric calculator
"

Last year deal thread:
free-shipping-tuesday-small-business-oc ... 0-2405071/
Thread Summary
Top Thread Hive Mind Wisdom

What Days Is This Valid On?
* October 5, 12, 19 and 26, 2021. Please note (not well-publicized) this is valid until midnight Eastern Time (GMT -04:00) on those days.

What Are/Will Be The Promo Codes?
* The promo codes are OCT5, OCT12, OCT19 and OCT26 (Confirmed) for each of the four Tuesdays matching that date.

Where Do I Go For Canada Post's Information On This?
* You can visit the promotion's home page here.

How Do I Get Started?
* Ensure you're a Canada Post "Small Business" customer (you can sign up here for that; if you're logged onto a personal account, logout or try an alternate browser without that login).
* You can use the blue "Ship Now" button from this Snap Ship landing page. You can register for an account in advance (or confirm your older login is working) before those days in October - the process will be the same with the exception of the promo code being issued every Tuesday in October.

How Many Items Can I Ship With This Promotion?
* One item per Tuesday.

Can I Sign Up With Multiple Accounts To Maximize Savings?
* No, this is specifically disallowed via the "Terms and Conditions" for Solutions for Small Business, which reads (in part): "Such violations include, but are not limited to, the creation of duplicate accounts for the same customer or user, or the use of multiple accounts for the purpose of applying promotional codes or offers to additional items. In a case where duplicate accounts are detected, Canada Post reserves the right to refuse, close or merge such duplicate accounts in its sole discretion at any time and without notification to you. Additional items will incur shipping costs at Canada Post’s standard rates or may be returned to the sender."

What Shipping Service Is Covered By This Promotion?
* The "Expedited Parcel" option, and within Canada.

Why Does It Ask For A Credit Card Entry Even If The Order Is $0.00 With This Promotion?
* This is normal. When the package's dimensions and weight are verified in the processing facility, any overages (more than 5 kg in volumetric or actual weight) measured must have a valid credit card on file that's associated with the order to be charged against to make up the difference.

Is This Valid on the EST Online Shipping Tool?
* No, the promo codes are only available for use on their newer "Snap Ship" product.

Time Period on Labels Created
* Shipping labels are valid for 1 year.

What Box Size is Covered? And How To Calculate the 'Volumetric Equivalent' Weight of Your Package
* The formula for Volumetric Equivalent ("VE") is: Length (cm) x width (cm) x height (cm) / 5000. That "VE" value must be equal to or less than 5 kg in order for you to get free shipping as part of this promotion.
* As well, the net weight of your package must be equal to or less than 5 kg.
* The heavier of the two values between "VE" and actual weight is what is used to classify your package's weighting. See some examples from Canada post here.

Can I Prepare My Label In Advance And Ship It Other Than That Tuesday?
* Yes, you'll have 5 days to retrieve your labels from your Snap Ship order, but you can easily save it to a PDF immediately after placing your order instead of printing it. If you don't have a printer you can save to PDF as well and print it later if you find someone who does have a printer. You can also have the Canada Post outlet print your label for you by scanning the QR code of the receipt on your smartphone or tablet within 5 days of generating the label.

What If I'm Going To Make My Label In Advance and Don't Know The Exact Box Size or Weight Until Later?
* That's okay; you can over-estimate the box size and weight when you prepare your label and you won't be penalized for it if the box is under that volumetric or actual weight (whichever is highest) later on.

Can I Use The Promo To Create A Future Label, i.e. For An eBay Sale Down The Road? A "Blank Cheque" Idea?
* No - you'll need a real destination address to actually initiate the process and produce the label including valid sender and recipient postal codes. The postage rate is determined by zones/distance. The barcode on the label contains destination routing information (postal code and item number).

For Past Promotions They Offered Free Pick-Up At Your Location, Is That The Case Again This Round? I'm Seeing You Can Select It As An Option But There's A Charge. Also, Why Don't I See A "Drop-Off" Option To Select?
* No - it doesn't appear that free pick-up is part of the promotion this time around. In terms of a drop-off option, you don't need to select that specifically; if your package is prepared you can drop it off at any Canada Post postal outlet or post office (you can find a location via Canada Post here). If it's small enough, you can also drop it in any Canada Post red street letter box as well (though obviously with the red letter mailbox deposit, there will be no initial "received at post office" proof barcode scan of the item, which might be important if it's something you've sold online, for example).

Any tips for printing my label?
* Laser printers tend to be best for barcodes (or a thermal label printer if you have that available). If you have an inkjet printer be sure to set it for "highest"/maximum quality in your print settings.
* You can print it on a regular piece of paper and use clear tape to affix that label over all parts except the barcode. Canada Post also has pouches available to put that label into.
307 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2992 posts
522 upvotes
Ottawa
Hot Tip. Once done. Print the PDF (or save to file). You can only retrieve the shipping label for 5 days.
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
Didn't win a Xbox X.. but next best thing. Scored at the Brick for $249! $300 off!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2018
1080 posts
704 upvotes
Does it cost anything or require any proof of documentation to become a "small business" member?
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1013 posts
1460 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
Hot tip 2: No need to ship on Tuesday. Create your label and save to PDF (as above) on a Tuesday, then ship when you're ready.
Jan 8, 2012
761 posts
565 upvotes
Williams Lake
bobohobo2kx wrote: Does it cost anything or require any proof of documentation to become a "small business" member?
It didn't for me last year, other than the time it takes to set up the account.

Thanks for the post, OP.

I have to think of something I need to ship now.

Maybe the anvil I get from that "free shipping at Princess Auto" promotion.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5623 posts
1700 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone please give me some insight on the limitations?

Box dimensions size limitation?
Box weight limitation?

Thank You
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3013 posts
1638 upvotes
London
Stallion86 wrote: Can we ship to US or international ?
one year they extended it to the first week of nov and that week was international but they never did that before then and didn't do it last year so i assume no this year.
Feb 8, 2020
260 posts
620 upvotes
brghunter wrote: Hot tip 2: No need to ship on Tuesday. Create your label and save to PDF (as above) on a Tuesday, then ship when you're ready.
Does this mean we can claim 1 free shipping label on each of the Tuesdays during October and then use them to make our next 4 shipments free?
Hello World!
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4115 posts
1223 upvotes
ez_86 wrote: Can someone please give me some insight on the limitations?

Box dimensions size limitation?
Box weight limitation?

Thank You
5kg (mentioned in the OP)
I don't believe there are box size limitations IIRC
Ebay - 279 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0
Grailed - 95 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3013 posts
1638 upvotes
London
bobohobo2kx wrote: Does it cost anything or require any proof of documentation to become a "small business" member?
it don't u just fill in some info about how many packages u think u will ship. also by having the small biz card they will mail u get a small discount on shipping when the post offices scans the card plus u will be able to ship expedited witch normal customers can't and that is faster then regular and comes with $100 insurance for free.
Aug 5, 2007
262 posts
225 upvotes
goat wrote: 5kg (mentioned in the OP)
I don't believe there are box size limitations IIRC
no one dimension can be over 1m.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3013 posts
1638 upvotes
London
23LeBronJames wrote: Does this mean we can claim 1 free shipping label on each of the Tuesdays during October and then use them to make our next 4 shipments free?
u have to have the details for where u are setting the packages ready to go. u can pre print the label or save it as a pdf its really only good if u know u are send a package somewhere but don't want to do it in the month of oct.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1686 posts
1160 upvotes
Vancouver
I still have an xpresspost label saved from probably 2 years ago, I wonder how long these actually last Face With Tears Of Joy
Feb 8, 2020
260 posts
620 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: u have to have the details for where u are setting the packages ready to go. u can pre print the label or save it as a pdf its really only good if u know u are send a package somewhere but don't want to do it in the month of oct.
This would be great for sending Christmas gifts! We could print off labels with each relatives address on them and then ship them off come Xmas time

Thank you!
Hello World!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6577 posts
6595 upvotes
Downtown Canada
freakx2001 wrote: Hot Tip. Once done. Print the PDF (or save to file). You can only retrieve the shipping label for 5 days.
Shipping labels are valid for 1 year

P.s. save the shipping label (PDF) or print it out right away
Last edited by TransporterSD on Sep 21st, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines
Mar 11, 2020
288 posts
136 upvotes
is this xpress or another option? I rmb they changed it last yr
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
9900 posts
2374 upvotes
Edmonton
Do you pay the difference if the item is over the dimension limit? Or do you just pay full price then?
Dec 21, 2012
328 posts
399 upvotes
How do they verify if you are a small business?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2992 posts
522 upvotes
Ottawa
TransporterSD wrote: Shipping labels are valid for 1 year
But you only have 5 days to print them out.. so it's on you to print them out. After that while they are valid, there is no way to access them ;)

So you can not get one.. and then 3 months later print it out. You have to save it yourself and keep it handy.

So you can certainly grab these each week, if you know you have an address you're going to ship an item to ahead of time.

i.e. they are great for grabbing and shipping items during the holiday season, as you know which family member is getting it.

Been a member for a long time. ;)
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
Didn't win a Xbox X.. but next best thing. Scored at the Brick for $249! $300 off!!!