Canada Post

Free Shipping Tuesdays are back October 5, 12, 19, 26

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2021 2:19 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1449 posts
3614 upvotes
So ... note that this only must be done in EST.

9pm PST, after work, promo code does not work.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2683 posts
2655 upvotes
GVRD
Darn, expired at 9:00pm Pacific Time.
The east coast always get's the "midnight advantage" on so many promos.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4361 posts
2843 upvotes
Edmonton
RxMills wrote: Darn, expired at 9:00pm Pacific Time.
On the other hand, you can get a head start on the promo next week by generating the label at 9:00 pm PDT on Monday night instead of waiting until Tuesday.
Sep 30, 2020
140 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
RxMills wrote: Darn, expired at 9:00pm Pacific Time.
Just a remark that this timing nuance is specified in my FAQ in the "Thread Summary" above post 2 at the start of this thread:
What Days Is This Valid On?
* October 5, 12, 19 and 26, 2021. Please note (not well-publicized) this is valid until midnight Eastern Time (GMT -04:00) on those days.

I notice Canada Post was slightly more obvious about this in their help text this round of the promotion as well - probably got complaints the last time around:
Q. I live in western Canada. The promo code isn't working. Why?

The promo code is effective from 12 am to 11:59 pm ET on the Tuesday that it is issued. If you did not use it during the designated time period, take advantage of future codes during future Free Shipping Tuesdays!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2683 posts
2655 upvotes
GVRD
ChinpokoMon wrote: On the other hand, you can get a head start on the promo next week by generating the label at 9:00 pm PDT on Monday night instead of waiting until Tuesday.
Wooo, good point.
West coast time zones will be nice on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
May 18, 2015
39 posts
21 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
CasualCauli wrote: I have a graphic in post #138 of where it appears and @ChinpokoMon has a graphic in post #161 of where it appears via mobile.

Two possibilities:
1) You're just missing where it appears visually - check the above graphics.
2) If it's really not there, please see my post #243 a few posts above yours. The most common problem for it missing (as well as the "Expedited Parcel" category missing) is it's not a correct "Solutions for Small Business" account or you logged on via that browser to a personal account in the past.
Thanks Casual. I just made a new SFSB account and it worked.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2604 posts
882 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: Haha, I worry about this a bit every week. I have 3 small business accounts so 3 free shipments, plus I'm moving so I'm trying to offload a bunch of stuff. Tossed up a bunch on eBay on Thursday night and prayed something sold by Tuesday - (sold a toaster and a chromecast). Used my last free ship to BUY an item off someone on ebay and just sent them the label to ship the item to me. So filled my quota for this week.

In dire situations, I offer free shipping on Craigslist / Facebook because people can be such flakes about pickup.

Now to stress about next week... blue yeti microphone, dvd burner, arizer (vape), some UV nail thing, and we'll see what else.
How do you get an eBay seller to waive the shipping fee? He can just modify an invoice and change shipping to free? Is it pretty simple to do? As an occasional seller myself I don't think I've do it before, where I offer a different shipping option to buyer other than the ones posted in the listing.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4943 posts
2972 upvotes
Thrasher wrote: How do you get an eBay seller to waive the shipping fee? He can just modify an invoice and change shipping to free? Is it pretty simple to do? As an occasional seller myself I don't think I've do it before, where I offer a different shipping option to buyer other than the ones posted in the listing.
First you message them beforehand and ask whether they'd be okay with that, tell them the details like you'll make a label on Tuesday, but they can ship whenever, you just need address/dimensions/weight of the item. If they say okay you can either ask them to set it to free shipping, you can do an offer (if possible for the initial price and just deduct the shipping from the total) or you can ask them to re-invoice you, but the problem with the last one is sometimes sellers have it set to requires immediate payment.

It sounds a bit sketchy and some people aren't comfortable giving their address from the get-go, so the more you explain the better.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2604 posts
882 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: First you message them beforehand and ask whether they'd be okay with that, tell them the details like you'll make a label on Tuesday, but they can ship whenever, you just need address/dimensions/weight of the item. If they say okay you can either ask them to set it to free shipping, you can do an offer (if possible for the initial price and just deduct the shipping from the total) or you can ask them to re-invoice you, but the problem with the last one is sometimes sellers have it set to requires immediate payment.

It sounds a bit sketchy and some people aren't comfortable giving their address from the get-go, so the more you explain the better.
Thanks for the explanation. I thought it was possible to re-invoice, but it is tricky if the seller requires immediate payment (that's how I have it set up as seller).
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
1024 posts
1259 upvotes
Toronto
If I used the code on a previous Tuesday. Can I use again this coming week?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4361 posts
2843 upvotes
Edmonton
k_jai wrote: If I used the code on a previous Tuesday. Can I use again this coming week?
Yes, and the code will be different this coming week.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4363 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto
I shipped on Oct 12th, the parcel hasn't been delivered yet, it's only about 8KM between where I shipped and the destination, is it just because of free?
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Sep 30, 2020
140 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
rui wrote: I shipped on Oct 12th, the parcel hasn't been delivered yet, it's only about 8KM between where I shipped and the destination, is it just because of free?
What does the online tracking for your item's tracking number show? That it's been processed at the processing centre at least? Or only just received, or nothing at all in the system yet? They won't slow down packages shipped with this promotion. Is everything good with the destination address and does your box size/weight roughly match what you listed on the label?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4363 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto
CasualCauli wrote: What does the online tracking for your item's tracking number show? That it's been processed at the processing centre at least? Or only just received, or nothing at all in the system yet? They won't slow down packages shipped with this promotion. Is everything good with the destination address and does your box size/weight roughly match what you listed on the label?
Images
  • canadapost.PNG
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12746 posts
11565 upvotes
You package had not been processed yet and CP does not know where it is.
Usually, tracking will show "your package was picked up" and "processed" before "in transit"

Check the receiver of your package just in case it was already delivered.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
3298 posts
210 upvotes
Mississauga
Can I affix the printed label to my envelope and simply drop it in the mailbox?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4363 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: You package had not been processed yet and CP does not know where it is.
Usually, tracking will show "your package was picked up" and "processed" before "in transit"

Check the receiver of your package just in case it was already delivered.
I went a Canada Post location and handed the parcel to a clerk, she said "leave it, no receipt", thought I need to go to that location and ask tomorrow.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Sep 30, 2020
140 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
Ohboiya wrote: Can I affix the printed label to my envelope and simply drop it in the mailbox?
Yes, 1) if it will fit in the street mailbox, and 2) if you don't need any kind of "check-in" scan at a postal outlet proof (i.e. if it's an eBay sale or something and the seller would want to see that as proof it's sent).
Jun 15, 2021
235 posts
163 upvotes
I don't have where to ship this Tuesday, but someone said these labels are good for 1 year. However, I noticed in order to generate it and pay the $0, you need a name and address.

Any way to somehow leave the name/address blank and get the label? Then I guess later to hand write the name/address? Or what is the best strategy to keep the label and use it when needed within the 1 year validity?