Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Post

Free Shipping Tuesdays - Canada Post Solutions for Small Business members one free shipment every Tuesday in October

Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8049 posts
8626 upvotes
Downtown Canada
jaybeeg wrote: Why would they do that? It would just cost them more money.

As it is, this promotion makes no sense. I could understand offering a single free package in the month of October, but allowing people to ship 8 packages free is a head scratcher.
it also kills the competition, think about it, you are now using them vs FedEx or UPS, Purolator is owned by Canada Post, so they are not even competing.
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Sep 30, 2020
345 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
CrazyCatMan wrote: I saved about $200 so far on shipping fees.
Think they will extend it for November 01 like the other years?
That was only a "makegood" for severe system issues one (or maybe two) times on one of the Tuesdays. Per my post above, this year they opted to allow people to use the October 11th codes (the problematic system day) on the two following Tuesdays as well, so my sense is that's the best they'll do but who knows - perhaps if they get a lot of outcry today and there are serious issues today as well, they may.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1045 posts
346 upvotes
YEG
embguy wrote: If people did not use the OCT11 for any reason, tomorrow before 11:59PM ET is the last chance to use it.
Thank you SO much for the reminder!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
1515 posts
988 upvotes
jaybeeg wrote: Why would they do that? It would just cost them more money.

As it is, this promotion makes no sense. I could understand offering a single free package in the month of October, but allowing people to ship 8 packages free is a head scratcher.
Loss leader

They hope you are shipping other packages at the same time so use their labels on all of them to save yourself a trip to the competitors
Attracting new customers who have never used it before. If they find the process easy, they will continue to use them
Goodwill marketing, hoping you will think positively and use them again in the future. Small business owners may not remember one freebie, but they will definitely remember 8 freebies
Sep 16, 2015
792 posts
1605 upvotes
Calgary, AB
ariel wrote: Loss leader

They hope you are shipping other packages at the same time so use their labels on all of them to save yourself a trip to the competitors
Attracting new customers who have never used it before. If they find the process easy, they will continue to use them
Goodwill marketing, hoping you will think positively and use them again in the future. Small business owners may not remember one freebie, but they will definitely remember 8 freebies
The reality is that I cannot afford to use Canada Post for cross-border shipping because they're too expensive.

Canada Post charges $30+ for a 2lb package, when I can ship the same thing through a private cross-border shipper to the US Postal Service for about $10. That's the difference between being able to offer "free" shipping to US customers and going out of business.
Mar 14, 2021
44 posts
220 upvotes
Dang it! I forgot the shipping labels expire in five days :(
I was waiting for the last day to print them all together
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1510 posts
994 upvotes
CALGARY
Cant seem to get it to work, when i click on Ship Now on the snapship page, it takes to cart which doesnt load. Am I missing something?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8012 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
bobotea wrote: Dang it! I forgot the shipping labels expire in five days :(
I was waiting for the last day to print them all together
Sorry for your loss :(

Yeah need to save PDF of label when you generate it
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
jaybeeg wrote: The reality is that I cannot afford to use Canada Post for cross-border shipping because they're too expensive.

Canada Post charges $30+ for a 2lb package, when I can ship the same thing through a private cross-border shipper to the US Postal Service for about $10. That's the difference between being able to offer "free" shipping to US customers and going out of business.
And for small light packages, under 1 lb., it's much less than $10 for USPS First Class shipping.

E.g. A 5oz. package is about $4USD.
Last edited by Inno on Oct 25th, 2022 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1510 posts
994 upvotes
CALGARY
cec4111 wrote: Cant seem to get it to work, when i click on Ship Now on the snapship page, it takes to cart which doesnt load. Am I missing something?
Anyone have this issue? When I click on ShipNow, doesnt seem to load anything
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1480 posts
135 upvotes
I've got nothing to ship so I'm looking to mail some books to the USA to be shipped to Africa for donation. Mainly gonna be shipping some extra children's books

Books for Africa...
Jan 7, 2013
111 posts
27 upvotes
Montreal
Where do i get the option to input the promo code?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Cheema07 wrote: Where do i get the option to input the promo code?
It's at the very last step, after you've entered your credit card etc.
Jan 7, 2013
111 posts
27 upvotes
Montreal
I am only given option to pay after i enter my credit card info. I dont see any option for promo code.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2013
1046 posts
4135 upvotes
Toronto
CasualCauli wrote:
Also, as I posted earlier Monday in this thread, Canada Post will apparently honor the "OCT11" (Canada) and "EXTRA11" (US) promo codes from last week due to all the system problems experienced if entered today (the 18th) or next Tuesday the 25th, which might give you more packages if you weren't able to use them last week.

CanadaPost-Oct18.jpg
THANKS FOR THIS HOT TIP! It still works today since I did not make a label on that day.

//

Does anyone know if Tracked Packet to the USA have insurance? I don't see any way to add it. Before, it used to be (up to) $100 included for free...? Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8012 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
Cheema07 wrote: I am only given option to pay after i enter my credit card info. I dont see any option for promo code.
Check on desktop computer , easier to see
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Jul 11, 2022
178 posts
154 upvotes
phillbert wrote: I've got nothing to ship so I'm looking to mail some books to the USA to be shipped to Africa for donation. Mainly gonna be shipping some extra children's books

Books for Africa...
That is a wonderful idea! I donated all my remaining children's books a couple of months ago though, so I have nothing. Let me know if you want to use my US free ships for this purpose? I have two available that won't be used.
Oct 2, 2015
671 posts
334 upvotes
Milton, ON
Spent 2 hours on the phone and multiple different support agents and nobody is able to help with the blank white page error. They're just telling me to wait and hopefully it'll fix itself lol
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1480 posts
135 upvotes
Chekhovbird wrote: That is a wonderful idea! I donated all my remaining children's books a couple of months ago though, so I have nothing. Let me know if you want to use my US free ships for this purpose? I have two available that won't be used.
Looks like the organization accepts other items as well:

Book Donation Requirements
Books For Africa accepts:

-children's books
-books that are 15 years old or newer.
-primary, secondary, and college textbooks (soft and hard cover) published in the last 15 years.
-dictionaries or reference books published in the last 10 years, except encyclopedia sets.
-medical, nursing, technical and science books published in the last 10 years.
-Bibles, please place them in a box separate from other donations and mark the box as “Religious texts.” Bibles are sent only when requested by African recipients.
-School/office supplies—paper, pencils, pens, wall charts, maps, etc.
Acceptable books are gently used and relevant to an African reader.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)