Mary Brown's

Another freebie from Mary Brown's.
26 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14322 posts
9086 upvotes
Markham
Might want to cross post this into HOT DEALS as not everyone reads the FREEBIES section even though this is appropriate spot. You'll get a lot more upvotes in there.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22539 posts
27315 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: Might want to cross post this into HOT DEALS as not everyone reads the FREEBIES section even though this is appropriate spot. You'll get a lot more upvotes in there.
Is there anyone in the world that cares about RFD upvotes?
Ye wife is in me dms baby.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1886 posts
3753 upvotes
union station, TO
looking forward to picking this up. it's really a small sandwich, can finish it in 3 bites, but free is free.
a month ago, it was the regular sidekick for free through the app.
thank you mary

the thread comments for the free regular sidekick are here:

mary-browns-free-sidekick-sandwich-orig ... 2475558/6/
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22798 posts
176783 upvotes
GTA
Mary Brown's has a freebie again in their app, a Sidekick sandwich (Sweet Heat) available from Aug 3-9.

A reminder that if you are downloading/using the app for the first time, you can get a free Big Mary sandwich as well (can add to cart and it will be discounted to $0.00 at checkout).
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1736 posts
1514 upvotes
Surrey
This is even smaller than a junior chicken from McDonald’s for those who may be wondering. Still though, free is free.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1886 posts
3753 upvotes
union station, TO
this snack item costs $3.69. i doubt many would buy this at the regular price. however, free is greatly appreciated.
by the way, the big mary sandwich original and spicy big mary costs $3.99 on mondays
Images
  • sidekick sweet heat.PNG
Mar 26, 2006
385 posts
296 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
oicthat2013 wrote: this snack item costs $3.69. i doubt many would buy this at the regular price. however, free is greatly appreciated.
by the way, the big mary sandwich original and spicy big mary costs $3.99 on mondays
agreed, i would feel ripped-off if i bought this for $3.69. It is literally 2 bites.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1343 posts
1435 upvotes
Toronto
henrik112 wrote: This is even smaller than a junior chicken from McDonald’s for those who may be wondering. Still though, free is free.
Exactly my thoughts the last time I got the sidekick sandwich for free. Still though, free is free.

The sandwich and its lack of size actually negatively affected my feelings towards Mary Brown, so I'm not sure if giving the sandwich for free is exactly helping their advertising goals.
Sep 29, 2010
467 posts
653 upvotes
MB is really lighting it up with the weekly app freebies. Keep 'em comin'!
Oct 31, 2007
3495 posts
547 upvotes
Agree with everyone else, free is free but would never pay for this, very small. Tasted decent at least.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1811 posts
341 upvotes
Halifax
It's the size of a slider, tastes different than Big Mary's.

Might try their tater poutine with poppins
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2019 :twisted:
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14322 posts
9086 upvotes
Markham
sprung wrote: Is there anyone in the world that cares about RFD upvotes?
Yes. Matters to me as I only share freebie coupon codes with ppl who have X number of posts and Y number of upvotes (ie RFD contributers).
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7415 posts
8111 upvotes
Toronto
TheMadMax wrote: Another freebie from Mary Brown's.
gr8dlr wrote: Might want to cross post this into HOT DEALS as not everyone reads the FREEBIES section even though this is appropriate spot. You'll get a lot more upvotes in there.
Thread moved to Hot Deals forum :lol:
May 7, 2015
279 posts
81 upvotes
North York, ON
Thanks op. I grabbed both sandwiches.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21888 posts
479 upvotes
Newmarket
Bought one at full price a couple weeks ago. Very poor value.
Might use the freebie though if I’m passing by.

MB is too expensive for what it is though. Fries are the worst in the fast food business.
Aug 20, 2019
424 posts
302 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone tried the pickle chips, and are they worth buying at regular price? I might buy that (or a small taters) with the free sandwich.
Adam
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
1129 posts
1005 upvotes
AdamMoloo wrote: Has anyone tried the pickle chips, and are they worth buying at regular price? I might buy that (or a small taters) with the free sandwich.
At regular price, no. Unfortunately the pickle freebie already happen a month ago.

As for the comment about the fries two above, MB is about the taters. Don't waste your time on the fries or onion rings. The salads are also meh.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1811 posts
341 upvotes
Halifax
stealth wrote:
MB is too expensive for what it is though. Fries are the worst in the fast food business.
Taters are just on another level, who gets fries at MB?
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2019 :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5885 posts
5411 upvotes
stealth wrote: Bought one at full price a couple weeks ago. Very poor value.
Might use the freebie though if I’m passing by.

Never tried their fries, but their taters are the best... Better than any fries at any restaurant, fast food or not imo.