[Cineplex] Free small popcorn [scene members]

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2019 3:14 pm
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1213 posts
139 upvotes
Burnaby
Thx OP! Did this last year with my kids and their cousins! Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1219 posts
302 upvotes
Halton
protip (from my kids):
drop a straw down the popcorn, pump the free stuff into the middle of the bag via the straw
pump some more on top
enjoy!

*I'm not accountable for your excess grease depency,I'm just an enabler!
** act now before straws are outlawed!
Dec 6, 2008
296 posts
58 upvotes
crayola1 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 7:07 pm
If I don't buy a movie ticket can I still bypass the employees who rip tickets to go in and buy popcorn? I'm thinking at Scotiabank downtown they rip your ticket before you can go in to buy food.
Don't know about your location, but I have been to Cineplex elsewhere and told them I just need to buy popcorn and they let me buy and come back out through the same gate. No issues depending on who you are dealing with at the gate I guess.
Oct 9, 2004
988 posts
36 upvotes
crayola1 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 7:07 pm
If I don't buy a movie ticket can I still bypass the employees who rip tickets to go in and buy popcorn? I'm thinking at Scotiabank downtown they rip your ticket before you can go in to buy food.
Scotia toronto, the popcorn, food, etc is before they take your tickets. Only thing behind them is pop, and one more concession stand that isn't always staffed.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1037 posts
1400 upvotes
Just got word from a friend in Cineplex. This Saturday Cineplex is celebrating National Popcorn Day by giving a bag of free popcorn by showing your Scene card at any Cineplex location. No purchase necessary.

Update just noticed some articles reporting it couple days ago.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/cineple ... ry-19-2019
https://www.thetelegram.com/business/ci ... rl-275556/
Aug 25, 2007
126 posts
6 upvotes
Is it confirmed we can pay and upgrade to a large?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4692 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 9:06 pm
They should give you free popcorn for buying a D-Box seat. I usually pick up a bag to feed the starving birds outside my house...

Too bad I can't get this for going to Dragonball Super on the 16th...
OMG didn't even know this was coming out!!! You just got a well earned thumbs up

Love going into threads and discovering other gems.

Also lol at gaming the system by employing various "RFD ways"
Oct 12, 2008
570 posts
765 upvotes
Markham
True RFDers would bring their own butter.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1471 posts
703 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Thanks for the post
Free popcorn is always good
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4120 posts
1394 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
swaghunter wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 9:55 am
Awesome. Problem with my fat ass is I will still pay $2.50, to upgrade to large and add layered butter.

I used to argue with the manager that layered butter shouldnt charge an extra $1...I want ONE order of butter, but layer it. Not 2 orders of butter.
But its so tiring arguing that every time.
What is layered butter?
Isnt the butter free? There is a machine at concession that dispense butter?
I add those to my chips sometimes.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
16706 posts
13668 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 8:39 am
What is layered butter?
The free stuff is not real butter. At Cineplex you have to pay extra for real butter.
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5028 posts
2497 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 8:39 am
What is layered butter?
That stuff is closer to engine oil than it is to butter
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
May 23, 2008
939 posts
634 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
RedflagdealsSpoliedMe wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 8:58 am
Does anyone know if they scan your Scene card? I would assume yes but just confirming.
I mean, all you had to do was click any of the multiple links that were posted before you commented and read the terms:
The offer is available at all 165 Cineplex® theatres across Canada for every movie and every showtime on Saturday, January 19, 2019. To take part in National Popcorn Day festivities, SCENE® members simply need to scan their membership card or the barcode on the SCENE app at the theatre’s concession to receive a free small bag of Cineplex’s famous popcorn. The offer is valid for one bag per SCENE member and cannot be combined with any other concession offers, combos or promotions. Substitutions or rain checks will not be offered. This offer has no cash value. Additional fee may apply for add-on and upgrades. ®/MD Cineplex Entertainment LP, SCENE® owned by SCENE IP LP, used under license.