Expired Hot Deals

[Google.com] Free Stadia Premium Edition (Stadia Controller + Chromecast Ultra) for YT Premium Users (Nov 16)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2021 8:11 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6029 posts
1018 upvotes

[Google.com] Free Stadia Premium Edition (Stadia Controller + Chromecast Ultra) for YT Premium Users (Nov 16)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Google.com
More offers from Google.com
According to this reddit post. This promotion started in the UK and expanded to the US
https://www.reddit.com/r/YoutubeMusic/c ... e_for_ytm/

The Stadia Premium Edition includes a Stadia controller + Chromecast Ultra

According to this post
https://9to5google.com/2020/11/10/youtu ... e-edition/

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/11/11/goog ... e-premium/

Google is set to expand this promo to Canada on Nov 16th

Must be a youtube Premium user prior to Nov 6. Some have said each family can get one.
Last edited by champ91 on Nov 16th, 2020 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
What's reported to not work so far:
  • - Indian Youtube Premium accounts
  • - Signing up for a Youtube Premium account today
  • - Upgrading Youtube premium account to a family one and adding other members. (Other member are not eligible).

What may work (worked for some and not for others):
  • - Each member of a Youtube Premium Family membership will be able to redeem individually.
Email that has link to redeem "Stadia Premiere Edition" will come 30 to 60 minutes (or maybe more) after sign up.

——————

summary steps post by @alias_neo
  • ➡️ Be signed up for YouTube Premium BEFORE Nov 6 on a CANADIAN account. If you're under a family plan, all members are fair game. If you're under a FOREIGN plan, you will NOT receive this (update: student plans reported working for some?)
  • ➡️Click on this link to see if you qualify. You should see "Get Stadia Premiere Edition for free" on this link. Make sure you're logged in with the email your YT premium account is associated with.

➡️
  • Sign up for Stadia Pro Trial from link above. It might ask for your credit card but this should still be free as long as you cancel your auto-renew later

➡️
  • Wait for email with subject "Redeem your Stadia Premiere Edition" from Stadia. This can take upto an 1-2hours for some. Seems to be longer as more people are flocking in

➡️
  • Order your Stadia Kit! You'll get a code in the email to apply on your Stadia Premiere Edition kit on your order. I just clicked the big red link in the email and it was auto applied on my order

➡️
  • Wait for email from google with subject "Thanks for your Google Store order (GS.XXXX-XXX-XXX)". This confirms your order is on the way.

➡️
  • Cancel your Stadia Pro subscription by clicking here and Unsubscribing. I'm personally waiting until the item itself is dispatched but it should be clear sailing from here. Ofcourse if you think you'll make use of this service, keep it!
1293 replies
Sep 20, 2016
30 posts
28 upvotes
Am I crazy or is this only for americans?
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4759 posts
2156 upvotes
Do we have to be subscriber before that or we can do it after promo is available?
Aug 22, 2018
86 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
You need to be on active billing ... trial subscribers are not eligible. Someone on XDA just confirmed via comments.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4759 posts
2156 upvotes
Might be safe bet to sign up for paid subscription a day before just to be sure to be eligible.
Sep 1, 2017
56 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary
Got "Not eligible in your region". Seems like US only.

Edit: nmv read whole post lol.
Last edited by Battlelobsta on Nov 11th, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Yu
Shaw Communications
Jul 14, 2019
603 posts
1014 upvotes
Jfg346 wrote: Am I crazy or is this only for americans?
It's coming to Canada too, just have to be patient:

Last edited by CanadaCPU on Nov 11th, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 6, 2013
598 posts
1759 upvotes
MONTREAL
If it's true every member of the family can get one, it's a "840$" gift. 139.99$ x 6
Not bad
Nov 8, 2012
723 posts
606 upvotes
London, ON
Wow, setting reminder for the 16th. this is pretty cool
May 8, 2015
189 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If I go to the play store my youtube sub isn't there, but if I check the Google Play Music app it shows me as an active subscriber. Anywhere else I can go to make sure I'll be counted?
Dec 29, 2009
568 posts
191 upvotes
It's unfortunate I have a YT India account...
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4009 posts
1727 upvotes
Anarchaotic wrote: If I go to the play store my youtube sub isn't there, but if I check the Google Play Music app it shows me as an active subscriber. Anywhere else I can go to make sure I'll be counted?
It's Youtube Premium not Youtube Music Premium - just confirming you know that.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4759 posts
2156 upvotes
AceReaper wrote: If it's true every member of the family can get one, it's a "840$" gift. 139.99$ x 6
Not bad
Nah it won't be like this. It's definitely just one per account, meaning each paid subscription, not members.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2824 posts
609 upvotes
Ottawa
i am using youtube premiun india, and i am not eligible :p
May 8, 2015
189 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hvc wrote: It's Youtube Premium not Youtube Music Premium - just confirming you know that.
Thanks! I just checked Youtube and I have premium - I don't remember how but at one point my GPM sub went to YT premium.
Nov 6, 2013
598 posts
1759 upvotes
MONTREAL
trinxified wrote: Nah it won't be like this. It's definitely just one per account, meaning each paid subscription, not members.
When it was the free mini, it was every member of the family.
But yeah, I would be surprised too.
Dec 5, 2016
294 posts
449 upvotes
I'm sure that once Google feels like they want to get serious about Stadia they'll be sending out free controllers to everyone's dog, uncle and grandma.
redflagdealsguy wrote: Stadia vs Xbox Series X.

How many poor families in the US are going to go the Stadia route?

Let's be honest, if Google plays it's cards right, Stadia could be a major player.
All those families living under the poverty line with fibre internet connections.
Last edited by TouchMyBox on Nov 11th, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.