Expired Hot Deals

[Google.com] Free Stadia Premium Edition (Stadia Controller + Chromecast Ultra) for YT Premium Users (Nov 16)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2021 8:11 pm
Newbie
Jun 14, 2011
48 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Mine finally shipped should arrive Thursday. Looks like a lot of games are on sale for black friday.
Newbie
Feb 2, 2009
10 posts
Update 11/16 10:15am: Starting today, YouTube Premium subscribers in Canada, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain should be able to claim a free Stadia Premiere Edition bundle using the same promotional link below. Just like the previous iterations of this promo, you’ll want to claim as soon as possible as supplies will be limited.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2590 posts
2433 upvotes
irou wrote: Update 11/16 10:15am: Starting today, YouTube Premium subscribers in Canada, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain should be able to claim a free Stadia Premiere Edition bundle using the same promotional link below. Just like the previous iterations of this promo, you’ll want to claim as soon as possible as supplies will be limited.
wow, they still have stock for this thing? I thought RFD members would've wiped out their stock from last week by now.

Stadia really must be underperforming :P

stadia promo page: This offer has now concluded.
Newbie
Dec 10, 2019
53 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
renegadeavenger wrote: wow, they still have stock for this thing? I thought RFD members would've wiped out their stock from last week by now.

Stadia really must be underperforming :P

stadia promo page: This offer has now concluded.
They got to attract players somehow, most of us got PC,Xbox or PS consoles and most of the game are already free on GamePass.
Doesn’t really attract the average gamer other than Free Controller and Cast.
Member
Jan 29, 2007
274 posts
57 upvotes
Markham
My goodness - i've been procrastinating on this deal for so long just to find out its now ended. UGH
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
6202 posts
5810 upvotes
ChaiHerb wrote: They got to attract players somehow, most of us got PC,Xbox or PS consoles and most of the game are already free on GamePass.
Doesn’t really attract the average gamer other than Free Controller and Cast.
Raises hand.

I don't have a console (well, I do have a 360 and Wii, both collecting dust), but 'free' means I'll give it a go!

Honestly my only interest is the ChromeCast, and I don't even have a 4K display...
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2590 posts
2433 upvotes
ChaiHerb wrote: They got to attract players somehow, most of us got PC,Xbox or PS consoles and most of the game are already free on GamePass.
Doesn’t really attract the average gamer other than Free Controller and Cast.
personally I think its hard to create this business model for people to adopt streaming for gaming.

to go all streaming platform, you need to be able to output the same level of quality details as if someone was to play a ps5/xbox series x at home in 4k. It's a bit hard to achieve especially when not everyone has fast internet. Or do we have internet that is optimized to be with low ping. And you would need internal networking equipment ( like a good router ), to output low latency wifi to the stadia chromecast ( or use lan cable ). There's just too many factors to make this business model hard to sustain...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 18, 2010
2198 posts
675 upvotes
Edmonton
Stadia's always been rock solid for me. I play through my PC. I got the Stadia Premiere edition yesterday and connected the controller wirelessly. Been playing the Fenyx Rising demo without a hiccup. No noticeable latency at all. No lagging. Google's on to something here ....
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2590 posts
2433 upvotes
Andrew765 wrote: Stadia's always been rock solid for me. I play through my PC. I got the Stadia Premiere edition yesterday and connected the controller wirelessly. Been playing the Fenyx Rising demo without a hiccup. No noticeable latency at all. No lagging. Google's on to something here ....
well if it was anyone that I would predict to do it properly, it would either be Google or Amazon. Developing a highly efficient compression to transmit audio/video. The more challenging part would be multiplayer gaming though, optimizing the netcode to also account for streaming latency.
Member
Mar 17, 2009
383 posts
137 upvotes
I haven't got mine in the mail yet but I'm going to give this a legit shot. With this type of freebie I will try for a bit out of sheer good will. As for why they might have stock? RFD peeps opted not to pay for Premium or they opted for India's Premium. When you go to cheap? This. That why I find this deal funny. It's probably one of the best ever giveaways yet the community, due to their pursuit of cheap, can't get in on this. It's hilarious to me. So is this deal active again? People say yes, then people say concluded. It seems like Google is only now getting serious about pushing Stadia. It's like the first year was more for beta, getting kinks worked out. I don't see myself buying this new gen consoles because when a TV can't keep up to the console that's the size of a gaming PC, I'm out.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2899 posts
732 upvotes
Belle River
boofi wrote: Still waiting for two to be dispatched. Any good racing games?
The only one I recall because they advertised it a lot is GRID, it's in between a sim and an arcade racer. I'm pretty sure they also boasted about GRID on Stadia having exclusive features, or maybe just one, if I remember correctly it was higher max player count for online races.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 7, 2007
2104 posts
1530 upvotes
Fredericton
Sold mine today locally for $50. I'm not really going to use it. Someone else may as well.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
6202 posts
5810 upvotes
repatch wrote: Dec 1st
FWIW just received my shipping notice, it's by CP, so probably be a few days before I get it.
Newbie
Feb 2, 2019
5 posts
1 upvote
jetfire33 wrote: That was it! Thanks!!! Got my offer after I went into YTM app, my paid subscriptions, and converted my YTMP Family Membership to YTP Family Membership, which appeared to be 'free' to do ($15/mo for YTMP to $15/mo for YTP).
Is it still free? Mine said my trial expired... But I did the same as you... A switch at the same price. I didn't sign up for a trial.

Top