Friday, March 20 — Donizetti’s La Fille du Régiment

Saturday, March 21 — Donizetti’s Lucia di Lammermoor

Sunday, March 22 – Tchaikovsky’s Eugene Onegin
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1041 posts
238 upvotes
YYC
It says Bizet's Carmen is a live recording from 2010, so they are not really live streams.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4358 posts
1305 upvotes
herc wrote: It says Bizet's Carmen is a live recording from 2010, so they are not really live streams.
The streams are of previously recorded live shows. And, yes, I realize all shows at some point are live.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2023 posts
621 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
No Turandot?

Boo, I need my Nessun Dorma.
Mar 8, 2010
296 posts
245 upvotes
Calgary
Overwhelming demand - no longer working
Please note: The response to our Nightly Met Opera Streams has been overwhelming, with tens of thousands of opera lovers around the world connecting simultaneously. We are doing everything we can to increase capacity, but in the meantime, if you experience difficulties with the website, we recommend you access the stream through the Met Opera on Demand apps for Apple, Amazon, and Roku devices and Samsung Smart TV. The free streams are available on the apps without logging in by clicking “Browse and Preview” in the apps for connected TV, and “Explore the App” on tablets and mobile devices.
Apr 14, 2015
562 posts
165 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
The streaming worked fine for me through the app this afternoon, but the subtitles wouldn’t display. My kids were willing to watch Opera with me, but not without subtitles to follow the story.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
20492 posts
21649 upvotes
Toronto
Verdi hump day bump
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1657 posts
3454 upvotes
Can't believe that I didn't see this until just now.
These Met performances are world class, and a great way to get into opera.

That 2010 performance of Carmen is one of the best Operas I have ever seen
if anyone missed the stream and is looking for it online search Georges Bizet Carmen, Met,( Garanca, Alagna) [2010 into google videos
I am not sure how subs work on that site though.
Dec 23, 2015
958 posts
1175 upvotes
Any way to see the streams I missed?
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2619 posts
366 upvotes
North York
targa88 wrote: Overwhelming demand - no longer working
Please note: The response to our Nightly Met Opera Streams has been overwhelming, with tens of thousands of opera lovers around the world connecting simultaneously. We are doing everything we can to increase capacity, but in the meantime, if you experience difficulties with the website, we recommend you access the stream through the Met Opera on Demand apps for Apple, Amazon, and Roku devices and Samsung Smart TV. The free streams are available on the apps without logging in by clicking “Browse and Preview” in the apps for connected TV, and “Explore the App” on tablets and mobile devices.
They give a wait time - before you can watch. I had to wait 10 minutes - and I could watch it with subtitles. What beautiful sets they have - gr8 fun to watch now that one can understand with subtitles! Thanks again OP

I tried the Met Opera on Demand app - but they required sign-in.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1041 posts
238 upvotes
YYC
How are you getting subtitles? There was no option when played from their website - at least they weren't available early on that I could find...
Apr 14, 2015
562 posts
165 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
Subtitles seem to be working for La Bohème, on the website and the app. You have to turn them on though, there is an icon at the bottom of the screen.
You can use the app without signing in, just select Explore App to get in.
I’m pretty sure you can’t watch anymore once they’ve posted the new one for the day. Too bad!