Friday, March 20 — Donizetti’s La Fille du Régiment

Saturday, March 21 — Donizetti’s Lucia di Lammermoor

Sunday, March 22 – Tchaikovsky’s Eugene Onegin
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1262 posts
580 upvotes
YYC
It says Bizet's Carmen is a live recording from 2010, so they are not really live streams.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5124 posts
2358 upvotes
Winnipeg
herc wrote: It says Bizet's Carmen is a live recording from 2010, so they are not really live streams.
The streams are of previously recorded live shows. And, yes, I realize all shows at some point are live.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2255 posts
863 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
No Turandot?

Boo, I need my Nessun Dorma.
Mar 8, 2010
431 posts
351 upvotes
Foothills
Overwhelming demand - no longer working
Please note: The response to our Nightly Met Opera Streams has been overwhelming, with tens of thousands of opera lovers around the world connecting simultaneously. We are doing everything we can to increase capacity, but in the meantime, if you experience difficulties with the website, we recommend you access the stream through the Met Opera on Demand apps for Apple, Amazon, and Roku devices and Samsung Smart TV. The free streams are available on the apps without logging in by clicking “Browse and Preview” in the apps for connected TV, and “Explore the App” on tablets and mobile devices.
Apr 14, 2015
580 posts
175 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
The streaming worked fine for me through the app this afternoon, but the subtitles wouldn’t display. My kids were willing to watch Opera with me, but not without subtitles to follow the story.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6411 upvotes
Can't believe that I didn't see this until just now.
These Met performances are world class, and a great way to get into opera.

That 2010 performance of Carmen is one of the best Operas I have ever seen
if anyone missed the stream and is looking for it online search Georges Bizet Carmen, Met,( Garanca, Alagna) [2010 into google videos
I am not sure how subs work on that site though.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
3374 posts
729 upvotes
North York
targa88 wrote: Overwhelming demand - no longer working
Please note: The response to our Nightly Met Opera Streams has been overwhelming, with tens of thousands of opera lovers around the world connecting simultaneously. We are doing everything we can to increase capacity, but in the meantime, if you experience difficulties with the website, we recommend you access the stream through the Met Opera on Demand apps for Apple, Amazon, and Roku devices and Samsung Smart TV. The free streams are available on the apps without logging in by clicking “Browse and Preview” in the apps for connected TV, and “Explore the App” on tablets and mobile devices.
They give a wait time - before you can watch. I had to wait 10 minutes - and I could watch it with subtitles. What beautiful sets they have - gr8 fun to watch now that one can understand with subtitles! Thanks again OP

I tried the Met Opera on Demand app - but they required sign-in.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1262 posts
580 upvotes
YYC
How are you getting subtitles? There was no option when played from their website - at least they weren't available early on that I could find...
Apr 14, 2015
580 posts
175 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
Subtitles seem to be working for La Bohème, on the website and the app. You have to turn them on though, there is an icon at the bottom of the screen.
You can use the app without signing in, just select Explore App to get in.
I’m pretty sure you can’t watch anymore once they’ve posted the new one for the day. Too bad!
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2483 upvotes
Is it just me or are the videos very dim and in low resolution?
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
3374 posts
729 upvotes
North York
vivibaby wrote: Is it just me or are the videos very dim and in low resolution?
They are fine, unless the set is dark for an effect. - like in front of the stove, etc on a gloomy day
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
3374 posts
729 upvotes
North York
herc wrote: How are you getting subtitles? There was no option when played from their website - at least they weren't available early on that I could find...
Yes, they are there and you have to turn them on - see post #15
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
3374 posts
729 upvotes
North York
6060842 wrote: Any way to see the streams I missed?
I think they are available till 3 pm the next day, I may be wrong - but think I read that somewhere on their site
Banned
Jun 17, 2010
153 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
Cultured cheapo RFD'ers. Who would have thunk it?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6411 upvotes
decee wrote: Cultured cheapo RFD'ers. Who would have thunk it?
In the GTA at least, opera is probably the best value for a night out. Orchestra performances, musicals, sporting events and concerts are usually more expensive.

Tickets for people under 30 years old are $22, and really great deals on tickets can be had with a subscription.

I started going to the opera because I was cheap lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8999 posts
1954 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: In the GTA at least, opera is probably the best value for a night out. Orchestra performances, musicals, sporting events and concerts are usually more expensive.

Tickets for people under 30 years old are $22, and really great deals on tickets can be had with a subscription.

I started going to the opera because I was cheap lol.
Imagine if they would also serve unlimited pizza and pop for just a couple of dollars more oh my!
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)