[Metropolitan Opera] Free streaming opera starting tonight

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 2:17 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10809 posts
5881 upvotes
Markham
Bump the thread...TODAY is Carmen - ppl who may not be familiar with Opera may be familiar with Carmen.

This is the Carmen I used to listen to - by Malcolm McLaren.

Thursday, July 2
Bizet’s Carmen
Starring Anita Hartig, Anita Rachvelishvili, Aleksandrs Antonenko, and Ildar Abdrazakov, conducted by Pablo Heras-Casado. From November 1, 2014.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Mar 8, 2010
324 posts
263 upvotes
Calgary
Monday, July 6
Puccini’s La Bohème
Starring Sonya Yoncheva, Susanna Phillips, Michael Fabiano, Lucas Meachem, Alexey Lavrov, and Matthew Rose, conducted by Marco Armiliato. From February 24, 2018.

Tuesday, July 7
Verdi’s Il Trovatore
Starring Éva Marton, Dolora Zajick, Luciano Pavarotti, and Sherrill Milnes, conducted by James Levine. From October 15, 1988.

Wednesday, July 8
Mozart’s Così fan tutte
Starring Susanna Phillips, Isabel Leonard, Danielle de Niese, Matthew Polenzani, Rodion Pogossov, and Maurizio Muraro, conducted by James Levine. From April 26, 2014.

Thursday, July 9
Zandonai’s Francesca da Rimini
Starring Eva-Maria Westbroek, Marcello Giordani, and Mark Delavan, conducted by Marco Armiliato. From March 16, 2013.

Friday, July 10
Tchaikovsky’s Eugene Onegin
Starring Anna Netrebko, Piotr Beczała, Mariusz Kwiecień, and Alexei Tanovitski, conducted by Valery Gergiev. From October 5, 2013.

Saturday, July 11
Puccini’s Madama Butterfly
Starring Hui He, Elizabeth DeShong, Bruce Sledge, and Paulo Szot, conducted by Pier Giorgio Morandi. From November 9, 2019.

Sunday, July 12
Viewers’ Choice: Wagner’s Tristan und Isolde
Starring Jane Eaglen, Katarina Dalayman, Ben Heppner, Hans-Joachim Ketelsen, and René Pape, conducted by James Levine. From December 18, 1999.
Sep 14, 2018
23 posts
30 upvotes
I don't get how to steam any of them? I downloaded the app but you have to pay for it all.
Feb 11, 2012
70 posts
52 upvotes
Ottawa
sheriffabc wrote: Does it come on at a particular time? When I clicked the link, I get the screen with the play button, but when I click the play button - nothing happens.
I'm sorry you're totally right. Go to: https://www.metopera.org/user-informati ... s/week-30/
They update this link weekly and if you go to that page, it'll show whats streaming that week and you can open the links on demand.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2151 posts
4335 upvotes
sprung wrote:
Saturday, October 17
Donizetti’s Roberto Devereux
Starring Sondra Radvanovsky, Elīna Garanča, Matthew Polenzani, and Mariusz Kwiecień, conducted by Maurizio Benini. From April 16, 2016.
Had a chance to see Sondra perform in this opera at the COC in 2014, was one of the first performances (that I have seen live) that absolutely blew my mind.

This wasn't part of my original subscription but I ended up supplementing, and bought some of the cheapest tickets in the fifth ring. She has such a powerful voice that she might as well have been sitting next to me up there.

Highly recommended. World class performance for sure.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21120 posts
23317 upvotes
Toronto
Monday, October 19
Rossini’s Il Barbiere di Siviglia
Starring Joyce DiDonato, Juan Diego Flórez, Peter Mattei, John Del Carlo, and John Relyea, conducted by Maurizio Benini. From March 24, 2007.

Tuesday, October 20
Lehár’s The Merry Widow
Starring Renée Fleming, Kelli O’Hara, Nathan Gunn, Alek Shrader, and Thomas Allen, conducted by Sir Andrew Davis. From January 17, 2015.

Wednesday, October 21
Mozart’s Così fan tutte
Starring Amanda Majeski, Serena Malfi, Kelli O’Hara, Ben Bliss, Adam Plachetka, and Christopher Maltman, conducted by David Robertson. From March 31, 2018.

Thursday, October 22
Rossini’s La Cenerentola
Starring Cecilia Bartoli, Ramón Vargas, Simone Alaimo, and Alessandro Corbelli, conducted by James Levine. From October 27, 1997.

Friday, October 23
Verdi’s Falstaff
Starring Mirella Freni, Barbara Bonney, Marilyn Horne, Bruno Pola, and Paul Plishka, conducted by James Levine. From October 10, 1992.

Saturday, October 24
Rossini’s Le Comte Ory
Starring Diana Damrau, Joyce DiDonato, Susanne Resmark, Juan Diego Flórez, Stéphane Degout, and Michele Pertusi, conducted by Maurizio Benini. From April 9, 2011.

Sunday, October 25
Strauss’s Der Rosenkavalier
Starring Renée Fleming, Elīna Garanča, Erin Morley, Matthew Polenzani, Marcus Brück, and Günther Groissböck, conducted by Sebastian Weigle. From May 13, 2017.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6725 posts
3135 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
sprung wrote: Monday, October 19
Starring Joyce DiDonato, Juan Diego Flórez, Peter Mattei, John Del Carlo, and John Relyea, conducted by Maurizio Benini. From March 24, 2007.

Tuesday, October 20
Lehár’s The Merry Widow
Starring Renée Fleming, Kelli O’Hara, Nathan Gunn, Alek Shrader, and Thomas Allen, conducted by Sir Andrew Davis. From January 17, 2015.

Wednesday, October 21
Mozart’s Così fan tutte
Starring Amanda Majeski, Serena Malfi, Kelli O’Hara, Ben Bliss, Adam Plachetka, and Christopher Maltman, conducted by David Robertson. From March 31, 2018.

Thursday, October 22
Rossini’s La Cenerentola
Starring Cecilia Bartoli, Ramón Vargas, Simone Alaimo, and Alessandro Corbelli, conducted by James Levine. From October 27, 1997.

Friday, October 23
Verdi’s Falstaff
Starring Mirella Freni, Barbara Bonney, Marilyn Horne, Bruno Pola, and Paul Plishka, conducted by James Levine. From October 10, 1992.

Saturday, October 24
Rossini’s Le Comte Ory
Starring Diana Damrau, Joyce DiDonato, Susanne Resmark, Juan Diego Flórez, Stéphane Degout, and Michele Pertusi, conducted by Maurizio Benini. From April 9, 2011.

Sunday, October 25
Strauss’s Der Rosenkavalier
Starring Renée Fleming, Elīna Garanča, Erin Morley, Matthew Polenzani, Marcus Brück, and Günther Groissböck, conducted by Sebastian Weigle. From May 13, 2017.
I go to the website but there is no sign of free streaming.
How do I get it to work?
Do I go to on demand?
It said 7 days free trial?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21120 posts
23317 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote: I go to the website but there is no sign of free streaming.
How do I get it to work?
Do I go to on demand?
It said 7 days free trial?
current one is Don Pasquale. Works fine for me. Will be available until 6:30PM EST Oct 19

https://metoperafree.brightcove-service ... 5394546001
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2151 posts
4335 upvotes
sprung wrote: Monday, October 19
Have seen this performance as well, they air it on PBS sometimes in the states, it is fantastic. One of the best operas to watch if you are new to opera. Peter Mattei kills Largo al Factotum (gets a little breathy, but its a very difficult aria), does a bit of showboating, and tells the audience to calm down all while somehow remaining in character. This 2007 performance is a real gem, I personally don’t think many operas get better than this. Highly recommend anyone who is interested in opera giving this a watch tonight.
Oct 24, 2019
13 posts
7 upvotes
I did not know this was still going. Need to add the up coming opera's to my schedule. I missed too many good ones back in March and April.