Freebies

Free Surprise Sample Pair of Earrings

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2021 6:40 pm
24 replies
Feb 4, 2007
601 posts
385 upvotes
seems to be of stock but has option to be notified when available.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
9186 posts
13799 upvotes
It's back in stock, but there are new conditions to this giveaway...
We are making a small change to the free pairs, unfortunately we have been hit continuously by scammers who try to get literally dozens of free pairs from us by using fake names and emails.
We even had a bot that was spamming us for free pairs.

We will now charge shipping HOWEVER, as soon as the order is complete you can email us at sales(at)newbornfeathers.ca and we will refund your shipping.
This is the right way of doing things!
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
12696 posts
5115 upvotes
Looks like they are charging taxes on shipping as well ..

Subtotal $0.00
Shipping $4.00
Taxes $0.20
Total CAD $4.20

Will the tax be refunded as well, when the shipping is refunded?
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
12696 posts
5115 upvotes
We will now charge shipping HOWEVER, as soon as the order is complete you can email us at sales(at)newbornfeathers.ca and we will refund your shipping.
Would this be after placing the order, after the order is shipped or after you receive the order?

Just placed my order by the way .... my mother is next.
Sep 27, 2020
43 posts
289 upvotes
This is for laundering money. The clue is in the total cost.
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
12696 posts
5115 upvotes
My mother just participated as well :)

It could be the problem (maybe?) with our orders ...

As I see they got a billing address as well ... and we took it through Paypal.

Where my mother happened to physically pay with a mastercard (where she is a supplementary user -- I am a primary user on it ... so the billing address is actually different from the shipping address).

And where I happened to physically pay with a mastercard (where I am a supplementary user -- My mother is a primary user on here ... so the billing address is actually different from the shipping address here as well).

Wonder if it will be a problem or not (and in both of our cases). Hmmmm...
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
12696 posts
5115 upvotes
Noticed that info there as well ... C/P:

There is a limited supply of Free Samples Per Day! If these free earrings are sold out, don't worry! Just click to be notified and you will be emailed when we restock.

If you got the email saying they are back, but they sold out before you got here, be sure to click to be notified again.

YES, it has free shipping. Email us at Sales(at)newbornfeathers.ca once you complete your order and we can refund your shipping.

If you have already gotten a free pair, don't add this to your cart, as it will prevent you from being able to check out.

One per household, all surprise pairs are the same
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
12696 posts
5115 upvotes
My mother and I, both, just sent them email (one each) to have our shipping cost refunded (as per instruction on their website).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
9186 posts
13799 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Would this be after placing the order, after the order is shipped or after you receive the order?

Just placed my order by the way .... my mother is next.
You really wanted these earrings?

I was hesitant when it was supposed to be totally free, but really not worth the effort emailing them and waiting for the shipping refund.

Nobody I know would even wear these things, and the cheap metal used for the studs can cause skin problems for people who are sensitive to metals that are not pure.
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
12696 posts
5115 upvotes
IDStorms wrote: You really wanted these earrings?

I was hesitant when it was supposed to be totally free, but really not worth the effort emailing them and waiting for the shipping refund.

Nobody I know would even wear these things, and the cheap metal used for the studs can cause skin problems for people who are sensitive to metals that are not pure.
No!

.... or ... not really, at very least. :)
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
12696 posts
5115 upvotes
I noticed they sent me some $10 coupon for future purchases, lol

Also noticed at their main page:

https://www.newbornfeathers.com/

I think those same earrings (advertised in OP) go for:

Surprise Sample Pair of Earrings

Regular price $31.99 $5.00 Sale

One per customer.
Sep 13, 2016
567 posts
784 upvotes
GTA
IDStorms wrote: You really wanted these earrings?
Silly question....that guy even orders diapers for himself...and his mother.....
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
12696 posts
5115 upvotes
Dinamo2016 wrote: Silly question....that guy even orders diapers for himself...and his mother.....
My mother is quite healthy ... me too ...

Did you say before that your dad has diabetes... or was that someone else? ... Sorry, I just can't recall.

Stay healthy ... go outside and keep on running that soccer ball, thinking of your Dinamo.

Other than that you don't know me from adam. :)

And thanks goodness it's mutual. :D
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
12696 posts
5115 upvotes
By the way ... no Shipping refund yet.

I think they are closed now, it being a Sunday ...

Cuz at their "Contact us" page: https://www.newbornfeathers.com/pages/contact-us

Besides the tall free phone number and facebook chat, if you try the online chat ... it says there "We'll be back tomorrow". ;)
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
12696 posts
5115 upvotes
I called them not long ago. Spoke to a young girl.

She said she'll refund me and my mother.

And minutes later she did just that.

$4.20 each ... For shipping plus tax.
Apr 22, 2010
143 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered Feb. 8, emailed to get a refund and got it yesterday :) now just waiting for the earrings to ship
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
12696 posts
5115 upvotes
Seininya wrote: Ordered Feb. 8, emailed to get a refund and got it yesterday :) now just waiting for the earrings to ship
Both mine and my mother's shipped already ... Yesterday, I think :)
Apr 22, 2010
143 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Darkman wrote: Both mine and my mother's shipped already ... Yesterday, I think :)
I think mine also shipped yesterday.