Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tim Hortons

Free Tim Hortons Coffee When You Use App 3 Times

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2018 10:15 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
Rockstead wrote: Great idea, so I go in to my Tim Horton account and I remove my credit card payment method, then I try to also remove the apply pay payment method in the app and it won’t let me remove it, so now I will have to actually delete the credit card from my iOS wallet, man that is a crappy way of doing it, so annoying.
So I will answer my own question, I went through the pain of removing all my Apple wallet cards, so now I have no Apple Pay, and no credit cards in the Tim Hortons app, and I try to check out and it won’t let me and forces me to add a credit card or Appel pay if I’m going to be able to use the balance that I have left in the app, and if I decide to add a payment method, then it will reload at minimum $5 on to my Tim Horton’s app, so I’ll never be able to get out, this is so ridiculous.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
4018 posts
4409 upvotes
GTA
Rockstead wrote: So I will answer my own question, I went through the pain of removing all my Apple wallet cards, so now I have no Apple Pay, and no credit cards in the Tim Hortons app, and I try to check out and it won’t let me and forces me to add a credit card or Appel pay if I’m going to be able to use the balance that I have left in the app, and if I decide to add a payment method, then it will reload at minimum $5 on to my Tim Horton’s app, so I’ll never be able to get out, this is so ridiculous.
Oh sorry its this painful...
Perhaps the Tims card way @DewDew suggested could work?
Sep 15, 2016
224 posts
237 upvotes
martydxb wrote: Oh sorry its this painful...
Perhaps the Tims card way @DewDew suggested could work?
I can confirm it works. I have been using the app this way for more than 2 months. Never entered any credit card info in the app.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
DewDew wrote: I can confirm it works. I have been using the app this way for more than 2 months. Never entered any credit card info in the app.
Thanks, is there a minimum amount I have to have to buy a Tim’s card?
Sep 15, 2016
224 posts
237 upvotes
Rockstead wrote: Thanks, is there a minimum amount I have to have to buy a Tim’s card?
Not sure. Maybe 5 bucks. I usually load at least 20.
Aug 9, 2014
385 posts
247 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Rockstead wrote: Thanks, is there a minimum amount I have to have to buy a Tim’s card?
2$
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
Do I have to redeem the free coffee earned by Dec 31st? thanks
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask in indoor settings if you have cold symptoms.
Feb 25, 2015
32 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Stupid app stole my money, and cs have not responded for a long time now. Be careful when using it, or just don't use it at all.
Sep 15, 2016
224 posts
237 upvotes
I hope this promotion gets extended for another 3 months. :D
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135816 upvotes
888888 upvotes
Cheapest way to get a free coffee of any sizes is to purchase 3 mini strudels.

1 X mini strudel = $0.42

1) purchase 3 x mini strudel in separate order
Total cost : $0.42 X 3 = $1.26

2) you can now redeem the free coffee

3) you can repeat step 1
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Aug 23, 2009
102 posts
113 upvotes
Winnipeg
Worst app ever, it takes your money but the order was never showed in store if you placed it more than 3 times at the same store! Tried at 3 different stores it did the same thing, contacted CS and I was told to contact the store directly to get a refund but Tim Horton staff told me to contact CS!! What a joke!
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135816 upvotes
888888 upvotes
a0105 wrote: Worst app ever, it takes your money but the order was never showed in store if you placed it more than 3 times at the same store! Tried at 3 different stores it did the same thing, contacted CS and I was told to contact the store directly to get a refund but Tim Horton staff told me to contact CS!! What a joke!
The store will give you a refund. CS can't do anything. Maybe you should contact the store manager or assistant store manager
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1496 posts
1037 upvotes
moncton
MonctonMan wrote: 100,000+ Android downloads. To get you to actually use the 3 month old Tim Hortons app, the company is offering a free coffee after you have used the app 3 times to order ahead.
Any size, hot or iced, dark or original. No mention of espresso so I presume no.

The main benefit is of course to avoid the cash register, especially when it is busy.

Offer expires with the end of the year.

Tips for using the app:

-You can toggle car and pedestrian. You want to arrive _after_ the eta, so chose the correct mode of transportation.
-The app menu varies by time of day and seems to always exclude certain items, like raisin bagels, that might be available at your local Tims.
-Be ready to compromise. No “half sugar” or other less popular customizations.
-Don’t use “Scan to Pay”. Pre-order and show up at the Mobile Pickup counter after the eta.
-Chose correct location, correct pickup method (take out not drive through) and correct mode of transportation. As mentioned, show up _after_ the eta.
-Don’t ask the cashier for tech support. They don’t work at Tim Hortons because of their computer skills.

If you don’t like the app, please don’t use it. The rest of us can’t skip the line if everyone uses the app and there is no line to skip.
Never noticed any of these mobile pickup counters in Moncton.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
sad to see this ending! i've prolly bought over 50 mini strudels!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2006
1214 posts
867 upvotes
Ottawa
Thatdealguy wrote: Cheapest way to get a free coffee of any sizes is to purchase 3 mini strudels.
I did this today. Great hack! Might do it again tomorrow. Those minis are small - 1 bite for me.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2006
1214 posts
867 upvotes
Ottawa
roy_miami wrote: Never noticed any of these mobile pickup counters in Moncton.
It's the same as the regular counter. Just bypass the line.
Nov 18, 2017
226 posts
89 upvotes
crayola1 wrote: if timmys want to be aggressive on sales they can maybe try making better tasting coffee again. well all know growing up that timmy's had great coffee once.

that cheap stuff they have been using is one of the reasons sales aren't going so well.
People ordering double doubles don't know what it tastes like without sugar... gross lol Mcdonalds>7/11>>>>>>tims
Sep 21, 2017
22 posts
28 upvotes
Offer extended but lost the one I had accumulated before the 31st. Also looks like some items have been removed from the app. Namely the mini strudels are gone. Probably to avoid people ordering 3 if those and getting a free coffee.
Sep 15, 2016
224 posts
237 upvotes
Mannina90 wrote: Offer extended but lost the one I had accumulated before the 31st. Also looks like some items have been removed from the app. Namely the mini strudels are gone. Probably to avoid people ordering 3 if those and getting a free coffee.
Ditto. I was looking to redeem my free coffee at around 7 PM on 31st, but it had disappeared!