• Feb 21st, 2010 10:34 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1213 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto

Free Toronto Star during Olympic Weeks

The Toronto Star will be free of charge through out the Olympics until March 1st, 2010. Get your paper early while it lasts!
14 replies
Jan 2, 2009
191 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
cutesnoopydoll wrote: The Toronto Star will be free of charge through out the Olympics until March 1st, 2010. Get your paper early while it lasts!
Where's the link to sign up for this?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1213 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
I think the newspaper stands and everywhere that they sell Toronto Star!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
1326 posts
44 upvotes
Mississauga
What is your source? I checked the Toronto Star site and it does not mentione anything about this, even on their Olympic page. Thanks!
Dec 16, 2006
607 posts
150 upvotes
Central Ontario
taylyn wrote: What is your source? I checked the Toronto Star site and it does not mentione anything about this, even on their Olympic page. Thanks!
I've heard it twice on 680 news today. Free at retail outlets and vending machines in the GTA while supplies last.
Feb 9, 2010
1 posts
I saw an ad on TV last night about this. Agree - website reveals nothing so far but I understood it to be at the boxes - not sure about stores and/or subscriptions.
Jan 19, 2010
104 posts
30 upvotes
North York
i think i can confirm this as my dad owns a newstands and toronto star are free for ~2 weeks dont know the start and end dates...
so i think its probably free everywhere.. and it make sense its during the Olympics...
Mar 24, 2008
52 posts
3 upvotes
Ontario
is this only in the GTA?....or outlining cities as well?
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2005
1793 posts
40 upvotes
They were giving out free copies of The Star in front of Union Station along with a free hockey puck!
Sticker on the paper states that The Star will be free during the olympics but no details on distribution.
Feb 3, 2007
2 posts
Toronto, ON
Confirmed. It's free at retail outlets as well. I went to the local corner store in Scarborough and didn't even have to reach into the pocket before the owner was like, "It's free"
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6658 posts
1392 upvotes
I even got it delievered free to my home today.
I have free delivery on Saturdays through an old promotion. So maybe they will deliver it every weekeday throughout the Olympics as well?
Oct 22, 2003
179 posts
111 upvotes
Markham
Most City of Toronto Rec Centres give the Star away for free as well.
Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3159 posts
226 upvotes
Newmarket
Yeah I was in Food Basics yesterday at Bayview and John and they had the stand out. I noticed it said free but I had to do a double take...than I snagged one :)
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)