• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2018 10:31 pm
Feb 14, 2011
70 posts
21 upvotes
Canada
adsshakeel wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 1:30 pm
Last night I clicked OPs link and filled name and email info there and received my codes instantly... thanks OP
You received the TransUnion code right away or the AllClear?
Feb 14, 2011
70 posts
21 upvotes
Canada
goat wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 6:52 am
Received code instantly. Pain to log into the AllClear website, though
You got the Allclear code, but not the Transunion one
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3643 posts
646 upvotes
Correct. Which i've now learned is useless.
did we have to apply for the Transunion one, or should that come on it's own?
Ebay - 179 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0
Grailed - 13 - 0 - 0

I sell clothes for cheap
Feb 14, 2011
70 posts
21 upvotes
Canada
Not sure, but yes useless. My understanding was it would come in another email. At least that's what it said through AllClear. Seems like a bit of a scam to me, for AllClear to get subscribers perhaps.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1432 posts
545 upvotes
Kanada
newfbc wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 10:37 am
Anyone get the Transunion code? I got the code to sign up for All Clear instantly... but nothing for Transunion.

Ron.
Perhaps you should contact support@allclearid.com if you don't receive the code.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3273 posts
1163 upvotes
Vancouver
SnoopDop wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 7:06 am
Perhaps you should contact support@allclearid.com if you don't receive the code.
I have.. as well as using 'contact us' from my All Clear account. No response on either.

Ron.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1666 posts
795 upvotes
Received an email from AllClearID (it has been over a week since I signed up IIRC) today directing me to contact Transunion (via telephone) to initiate the monitoring

Yesh.
Mar 2, 2014
400 posts
154 upvotes
Got an email that I have to contact Allclear ID to verify my eligibility for transunion monitoring
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2054 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Signed up almost instantly when this hit here and also just received the email asking to call in and verify eligibility. Anybody done so?
[OP]
Dec 12, 2010
568 posts
99 upvotes
I applied on June 12 and only got the transunion message to call in to verify eligibility now. so slow!
I'm going to call in to get the transunion part in the afternoon, will see how that goes.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2013
1381 posts
33855 upvotes
Montreal
Called AllClear to verify my eligibility at the number ending in 8814. They asked if I had received a letter/email from Delta saying I was affected (I didn't, but said yes just to see where this was going). She took a few minutes and said I wasn't on the list Delta provided them so they would not be able to give me a TransUnion code and offered to escalate to Delta if I did, in fact, receive a letter or email.

So...if you didn't get an email or letter from Delta, don't bother calling and wasting your time and theirs!
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1281 posts
2668 upvotes
Pawtucket
I also called in and they said I am not eligible since I was not affected by the data breach and even though I actually do have a Delta account :(
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1666 posts
795 upvotes
purchase on the delta.com desktop platform between Sept. 26 and Oct. 12, 2017.
Even if you had a Delta account during this time, if you didn't make a purchase they are not providing monitoring services.

Basically if you didn't receive a mailed letter from Delta, don't bother
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1199 posts
116 upvotes
Quebec City
In my experience, TransUnion is just incomplete and bad credit bureau...
I mean, maybe it's important because some companies or entities will look at TransUnion, but I used to order both Equifax and TransUnion credit score and report every year. And Equifax had everything (some errors that I corrected, they were having my mrtgage twice... :rolleyes: ), but TransUnion didn't even had all my credit cards and bank accounts. Most of the soft and hard enquiries where not there, etc.

I asked my bank and one of the insurance company that I was doing business with (because their enquiries weren't in my TransUnion report) and they both basically said that TransUnion sucks as a credit bureau and they were only pulling the one from Equifax.
I'm in Quebec Province, YMMV.

Not saying it's not important to check this credit and this monitoring offer is useless... just saying.