Oct 4, 2012
8 posts
75 upvotes
TORONTO

Free Walt Disney World Dining Plan Offer

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 12, 2014
You can get a free dining plan when you purchase a non-discounted 6-night/7-day Magic Your Way package (includes room and theme park tickets) at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels. The offer can be booked through September 12, 2014.

Offer valid for arrivals most nights:

August 31 to October 3, 2014
October 26 to November 1, 2014
November 9 to November 20, 2014
December 12 to December 23, 2014

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/speci ... ys-dining/
33 replies
Sep 22, 2012
278 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
i went to Disney World last Sept with the free dining plan. Highly recommended the plan. Food and Drinks are insanely expensive there.. This really cut the cost down.
Aug 12, 2014
276 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cuddlebudy wrote:
Jun 15th, 2014 7:03 am
i went to Disney World last Sept with the free dining plan. Highly recommended the plan. Food and Drinks are insanely expensive there.. This really cut the cost down.
Make it +1, I also highly recommend that
Jan 10, 2013
340 posts
121 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Also make sure to reserve all your restaurants in advance, especially during dining week, my wife and I were seeing people turned away every restaurant we wemt to while we were there. (Just view the calendar for which park has magic hours the days you are there and find a restaurant in that park, for every day and reserve online)
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4109 posts
2393 upvotes
nathanf wrote:
Jun 15th, 2014 8:19 am
Also make sure to reserve all your restaurants in advance, especially during dining week, my wife and I were seeing people turned away every restaurant we wemt to while we were there. (Just view the calendar for which park has magic hours the days you are there and find a restaurant in that park, for every day and reserve online)
Or, to be more flexible, buy the Park Hopper option, then you can go at Magical Kingdom and dine at Epcot the same day. Epcot have very good restaurants. Coral Reef was one of my favorite with the gigantic aquarium... Went to Disney 2 times in the la 5 years, if anyone want input on anything there, including restaurants, just ask and I'll try to help
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4163 posts
815 upvotes
Wat
It eliminated our food costs completely. We always end up with 10-15 snacks + some quick service meals left on the last day (3 trips now). We end up taking meals to the airport and redeeming snack vouchers in the gift shop. They feed you very well there :)
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2513 posts
1462 upvotes
I have done this in the past and here are my thoughts:

Great value and I would only go again during this promotion.

The "snack" is more than enough for breakfast each day.

I went when Le Cellier Steakhouse was included but it is not any more....too bad. Book Boma, Ohana for great all you can eat experiences, both are excellent. The Shark Reef is great and the kids will love it.

+1 on booking early....call to book the second your dates become available. You may still not get all the places you want but you should get most of them.

+1 on park hopper, very often we had to eat at a different park due to reservation availability.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7032 posts
1220 upvotes
went a couple of years ago - and the restaurants at Downtown Disney was included... DT Disney has much better restaurants, not so much for kids, as is for adults - and bit out of the way if you're already in one of parks.
Dec 25, 2007
925 posts
195 upvotes
A lot of people seemed mixed on the dining plan. Even though its 'free' here Im sure your paying into the full price of accomodations+tickets.

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney ... info-tips/

I wanted to go to February if they have it available then Im wondering if it would be a good deal, a lot of the comments say it isnt and people saved money buying out of their own pocket.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1374 posts
165 upvotes
While you'll always pay full price on tickets (unless ordering through a broker like Undercover Tourist), we've found that the % discount on the room doesn't offset the value of "free" dining. We've stayed in the value rooms (All-Star Movies and Pop Century) and upgraded to the regular dining plan when we've gone.
Let them know that it is I, Aziz Hamid!
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2110 posts
1388 upvotes
St. Catharines
Depends on how you plan on eating. I have two young girls that want to eat every day with characters. I quickly priced it out, and the dining plan paid for itself rather quickly.

While others I not interested in fancy dining, and are happy with hamburgers every meal, so the dining plan doesn't make sense to them
Dec 22, 2011
326 posts
65 upvotes
Oakville
Gone twice on this plan and highly recommend.If your kids are picky,book buffets then they can get what they want-my son always loves the Mac and cheese down there.We had 4 buffets in one week- a little too much but you can eat as much or little as you like.If your little girl wants princesses,highly recommend Akershus in Epcot.
Mar 24, 2005
407 posts
49 upvotes
Ottawa
+1 on the free dining plan.
Also, the deluxe dining plan is total overkill.
Went last Oct on this and took the "free" mid-level dining plan that was offered (stayed at a Moderate level resort, Caribbean Beach).
We had more than enough to eat, in fact by dinner time none of us were hungry and found ourselves eating anyway since we had resos.
We also had 10-15 snacks leftover on the last day and redeemed them all in Goofy's Candy Shop in MK.
I was stressing about potentially one quick service and one table service meal per day not being enough....we actually packed instant oatmeal packages, bowls and a cheap kettle to eat breakfast in the room before heading out...turns out that was not necessary at all.

Another point here is that when booking, it's best to check park crowd levels.
There are a ton of sites to help with this, and you'll be happy you did when you go and don't have to wait in lines hardly at all.
I've heard horror stories about 2+hr line ups for popular rides. The most we had to wait for the best rides was 40mins, and that was on a Saturday.
Went the very last week in Oct last year.

Last point I'll make is that they don't make it obvious, but those date ranges listed for the free dining plan are not inclusive of your stay.
Meaning, so long as you arrive on any of those days in the ranges listed, your entire stay includes the free dining plan.
So, if you say arrived Oct 3rd and stayed for a week, your week is covered by the free dining plan (even though that particular range says Oct 4th is not a free dining plan night).
You arrived the 3rd which is, therefore your stay is :)

I can't say enough good things about these parks, restaurants and resorts.
They truly do go above and beyond for the experience, and it is worth the money (and I'm picky and cheap!!)
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4109 posts
2393 upvotes
As I said in an earlier post, I took profit of this promotion2 times in the past. I don't recall the plan's name, but we had the "middle" plan wich consist in 1 quick serve, 1 table service, and 2(1 or 2??) snacks. We sometimes had the snacks for breakfast, and for lunch we were able to take 2 quick service meals for 4, then used the saved lunch's for breakfast. We had plenty of food to eat and never been hungry. The portions are HUGE. And thos table service meals are sooooo good! Epcot have very good restaurants, and if you have kids do not miss the buffet at Contemporary Resort.
Dec 3, 2013
433 posts
126 upvotes
In case nobodies mentioned it and the Disney wording did not make it clear for me at least, you can stay a minimum of 3 nights and still get free dining.