Tags:
None
Dec 8, 2013
379 posts
217 upvotes
Oakville
Yarbogash wrote:
Aug 19th, 2014 6:24 pm
In case nobodies mentioned it and the Disney wording did not make it clear for me at least, you can stay a minimum of 3 nights and still get free dining.
How can that be the case when "non-discounted 6-night/7-day" is the condition?

BTW - BIG THANKS FOR ALL THE INSIGHT FROM EVERYONE...thanked everyone so far. Id like to take my daughter and am trying to figure the most inexpensive way to do this over 3/4 days while still having a great time.
Dec 3, 2013
433 posts
126 upvotes
fislan wrote:
Aug 20th, 2014 6:33 pm
How can that be the case when "non-discounted 6-night/7-day" is the condition?

BTW - BIG THANKS FOR ALL THE INSIGHT FROM EVERYONE...thanked everyone so far. Id like to take my daughter and am trying to figure the most inexpensive way to do this over 3/4 days while still having a great time.
Because Disney is tricky as *****? ;)

I know. It says that in the main Disney page, you click thru to the terms it says it again. But the min is 3 nights. I was corrected on this by a TA and following up directly, yeah. That's the deal. Plug in an eligible 3 night stay online and voila.
Dec 8, 2013
379 posts
217 upvotes
Oakville
Yarbogash wrote:
Aug 20th, 2014 7:02 pm
Because Disney is tricky as *****? ;)

I know. It says that in the main Disney page, you click thru to the terms it says it again. But the min is 3 nights. I was corrected on this by a TA and following up directly, yeah. That's the deal. Plug in an eligible 3 night stay online and voila.
thanks again - shady shady..

Are there better places to stay then others, or is it all kind of the same - my target audience to please is a 4 yr old girl (princess)....
Dec 22, 2011
326 posts
65 upvotes
Oakville
We stayed both times at Port Orleans Riverside which is a moderate resort and had no issues whatsoever.The kids loved the main pool with the water slide and the dining room/cafeteria was always good.I wanted to try the Caribean Beach Resort last time but all the cheerleader groups were staying there and I wanted a "peaceful"vacation.But it looks nice as well.
Book any Princess character dinners as soon as you can.I believe you can book 120 days in advance.
Dec 3, 2013
433 posts
126 upvotes
Port Orleans Riverside is a great choice for a moderate.

Art of Animation and their standard Little Mermaid rooms is the best value room but I don't think it's available with free dining (?).
For a value that is available with free dining Pop Century. Newer than the All Stars, dedicated busses usually so you get around faster and easy walk over to Art of Animation resort to check out the theme areas.
Dec 8, 2013
379 posts
217 upvotes
Oakville
nicry1 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2014 7:18 pm
We stayed both times at Port Orleans Riverside which is a moderate resort and had no issues whatsoever.The kids loved the main pool with the water slide and the dining room/cafeteria was always good.I wanted to try the Caribean Beach Resort last time but all the cheerleader groups were staying there and I wanted a "peaceful"vacation.But it looks nice as well.
Book any Princess character dinners as soon as you can.I believe you can book 120 days in advance.

Thanks for advice but Port Orleans doesn't show in the dropdown of hotels...
Jun 6, 2014
4 posts
4 upvotes
London, ON
Port Orleans isn't included in the free dining this fall. The deal is pretty much sold out unless you are in the market for a several thousand dollar club level deluxe room.

For a 4 year old girl who loves princesses, the Royal room at PO Riverside would be perfect. Last year it was included in the "stay/play/dine" promotion that runs jan-mar... But the winter promotions aren't out yet.

Your daughter would love Akersus or Cinderellas Royal Table (2 credits) for dining options, or 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian would work as well
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4080 posts
2376 upvotes
If your princess like Disney's movies you can stay at the Movie resort. Been there, and altough the rooms are a bit small, the ambiance there is wonderful. Many pools to swim in, and the food court is easily accessible frome everywhere on the resort. We've been to Pop century Resort too, but for youg kids the Movies Resort is best. Depending on your budget, maybe the value resort is the best choice for you? When we went (2008 and 2011) we had the free dining promotion, was only the Quick Service dining plan for free, but we paid the difference and upgraded to the regular dining plan wich included 1 Quick-Service Meal, 1 Snack and 1 Table-Service Meal per person, per night of stay. And, as I said, to have more flexibility on the choice of restaurants, do not forget to book the Park Hopper option, wich will allow you to visit more than 1 park per day without using an extra admission. You can ask here if you have more questions regarding Disney, the dining plan or the restaurants.

Another advice... if you want to go to Disney for cheap, do not book via a travel agency, try to book everything by yourself on the internet. Disney also have rebates/extras for CAA members. By example, my first Disney trip in August 2008, fo a party of for (2 adults and 2 kids Under 10), including 2 way airfare from Burlington (VT) to Orlando with JetBlue we paid under $4000 for 14 days, including the free dining plan, park hopper option, 10 days of park admission, and the "waterparks and other pleasures" option. What a deal we got there! Obviously there is no way to catch such a deal these days, but you can have a great deal anyway by booking everything on the net. If you stay near the US border you can fly from a US airport, that's where we saved a lot.
Jan 11, 2004
80 posts
has anyone ever seen this kind of offer during january or february? thanks
Dec 23, 2007
321 posts
45 upvotes
well it appears it is on again.... has anyone noticed that you get the middle dining plan with moderate resorts automatically.... we would actually prefer the quick service, can you downgrade it? thanks.
Jan 10, 2013
340 posts
121 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
You can redeem at a quick service, even tho its a bit of a waste of money, in that you aren't getting the full value of a sit-down mea .
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4080 posts
2376 upvotes
Why would'nt you take profit of the table service meal? Just have to make reservation... Whenwe went we were staying in value resort and paid to get an upgrade to the "middle" dining plan and it worth it
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1484 posts
622 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote:
Oct 13th, 2014 8:12 am
Why would'nt you take profit of the table service meal? Just have to make reservation... Whenwe went we were staying in value resort and paid to get an upgrade to the "middle" dining plan and it worth it
The sit down dining plan is a great deal if you can plan out your days in advance, but with kids that want to take their time and would rather see the shows and enjoy the rides then quick service is easier. you can always redeem your full service meals for quick service dining.