Shopping Discussion

Free Wifi in Malls (GTA/ Peel Region/ York Region/ Durham Region)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2021 9:10 pm
Jun 14, 2011
315 posts
48 upvotes
EAST YORK

Free Wifi in Malls (GTA/ Peel Region/ York Region/ Durham Region)

Which Mall /Public place has free good Wifi?
Last edited by shakilhyd on Aug 17th, 2021 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
13 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15618 posts
13276 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
West Edmonton Mall

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3606 posts
2409 upvotes
Mississauga
depends on what you want to use it for.
Jun 14, 2011
315 posts
48 upvotes
EAST YORK
Just want to check email / what's up message etc during Mall visit.
Banned
Jun 21, 2021
59 posts
36 upvotes
wouldn't u go to the mall that you like/close to you, and then find out if the wifi is good, use it.. and if not.. don't use it?

i mean, would u pick the mall u go to based on wifi?
cause there are a lot of malls in the GTA... seems like quite the trek for some free wifi....
Jun 14, 2011
315 posts
48 upvotes
EAST YORK
peterschiff wrote: wouldn't u go to the mall that you like/close to you, and then find out if the wifi is good, use it.. and if not.. don't use it?

i mean, would u pick the mall u go to based on wifi?
cause there are a lot of malls in the GTA... seems like quite the trek for some free wifi....
I am new and love to drive even any Mall is far from my house so just wanted to know which Mall has good free wifi
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
4377 posts
1594 upvotes
i think anything that's under the CF (Cadillac Fairview) brand has wifi but how good are they? I'm not sure. But McDonald's and Starbuck's would have wifi as well.

but i mean for the goal of checking email and sending messages, it should be sufficient...
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Rogers EPP - $40 Canada/USA-wide + 6GB since 2018
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20806 posts
6622 upvotes
London
Pick any mall with an apple store ?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8552 posts
11762 upvotes
GTA
shakilhyd wrote: Just want to check email / what's up message etc during Mall visit.
Looks like somebody doesn't want to get caught shopping when they should be at home working.
Jun 14, 2011
315 posts
48 upvotes
EAST YORK
tew wrote: Looks like somebody doesn't want to get caught shopping when they should be at home working.
This is very awkward thinking of this guy. It's doesn't matter If you are working from home or Mall. The job should be done properly and nobody care about it where you are working from.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8552 posts
11762 upvotes
GTA
shakilhyd wrote: This is very awkward thinking of this guy. It's doesn't matter If you are working from home or Mall. The job should be done properly and nobody care about it where you are working from.
I'm pretty sure that the retailers care. The free wi-fi is meant for paying customers not for some guy setting up a workspace for hours a day.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Another one who finds this a weird thread …
You go to the mall to shop
Not to spend a great deal of your time on the Internet

I truly don’t get it

If I cared at all about internet service
It would be for individual retailers

Like I do @ the Grocery Store
Example … Loblaws Group. Appreciate FREE WiFi there so I can check in on my PCO Offers while in the store
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3606 posts
2409 upvotes
Mississauga
Honestly for just browsing a bit or checking whatsapp, why would you even bother connecting to a public network. Just use mobile data. And I am pretty sure your employer would care if you are "working from home" from a mall..and so would the wifi hotspot provider.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)