Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] $0 iPhone XR or S10e, 20GB for $75/mo

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2019 11:27 am
Jan 20, 2012
482 posts
332 upvotes
LONDON
Anybody have experience with service coverage in London, ON and area? Considering the XR with that $75 plan. That is so tempting if I could get decent service in London and area.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 21, 2005
5242 posts
483 upvotes
Markham
kellmike626 wrote:
Jul 25th, 2019 7:11 pm
Anybody have experience with service coverage in London, ON and area? Considering the XR with that $75 plan. That is so tempting if I could get decent service in London and area.
Fine in north London
LTE, voice etc
(Sorry only had the A50 for a week: see if RCSS still has this deal: freedom-mobile-0-samsung-a50-100000-pc- ... #p31201250
:idea: :) :lol: :razz: :D
Jan 20, 2012
482 posts
332 upvotes
LONDON
charliebrown wrote:
Jul 25th, 2019 7:43 pm
Fine in north London
LTE, voice etc
(Sorry only had the A50 for a week: see if RCSS still has this deal: freedom-mobile-0-samsung-a50-100000-pc- ... #p31201250
Okay. I might give it a whirl. I’ll stop by a freedom store tomorrow. At least it’s a no risk trial.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Nov 23, 2017
33 posts
5 upvotes
For absolute $0 I only see on their site the iPhone XR, iPhone 8, Galaxy S9, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A50, and LG G8 ThinQ as possible phones to get instore.

From the posts here, apparently you can also get the Samsung S10e $75/mo. on their absolute $0 promo. Any other phones not listed on the site that qualify for absolute $0? And what would be the minimum phone plan you need along with the phone?

TIA.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2012
534 posts
483 upvotes
Edmonton
Ph7nam wrote:
Jul 25th, 2019 9:13 pm
For absolute $0 I only see on their site the iPhone XR, iPhone 8, Galaxy S9, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A50, and LG G8 ThinQ as possible phones to get instore.
Any other phones not listed on the site that qualify for absolute $0? And what would be the minimum phone plan you need along with the phone?
See the Phones page for all $0/$0 tab options.
The S10e is not a $0/$0 option (listing is messed up).

LG Q Stylo+ is $0/$0 on $50+ plans.
Moto G7 Power and G6 Play on $40+.
ZTE Z557 and GoFlip on $25+.

If a store has the Samsung A8 in stock, it would be $0/$0 on a $50+ plan.
VoIP offers flexibility, economy, carrier independence
VoIP.ms / CSipSimple / VoIP.ms SMS / Groundwire
TCP for reliable mobile VoIP, low battery impact
Jul 10, 2017
152 posts
146 upvotes
I really dont know anything about phones which would be better? Samsung s10e or the iphone xr? ignoring the platforms android vs apple im curious about the phones power only.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
1001 posts
186 upvotes
london
this is interesting as both koodo and fido increased the XR by $50 today - i've been checking every day since i missed the xr for $350/medium tab

now its up to $700 on medium tab

also strange they would increase the price with back to school sales and September coming up with new iphones
Nov 22, 2018
8 posts
10 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote:
Jul 25th, 2019 5:08 pm
They're already doing $75 with the iPhone. So by your logic without iPhone it should be $55.
If you don't mind a bit of extra work, why not just get the plan with the XR and then sell the XR? Sell it at a discount for say $800, and use the money to subsidize your plan and over two years you'd be paying like just over $40 a month for a plan with 18gb data.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
6621 posts
3458 upvotes
Canada
JIntDown wrote:
Jul 25th, 2019 10:42 pm
If you don't mind a bit of extra work, why not just get the plan with the XR and then sell the XR? Sell it at a discount for say $800, and use the money to subsidize your plan and over two years you'd be paying like just over $40 a month for a plan with 18gb data.
Yep, thats what you should do. That's a $33/mo discount over 24 months. But you're stuck for 24 months. If they had a proper byod option this wouldn't be required
Public Mobile, Koodo and Freedom Mobile customer
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
6621 posts
3458 upvotes
Canada
S10e is now showing $0 on $75 plan

Will they add Pixel?
Public Mobile, Koodo and Freedom Mobile customer
Dec 18, 2017
678 posts
1214 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
saulin wrote:
Jul 25th, 2019 3:17 pm
I would pay $75/mo anytime for a $0 iPhone XR. However I don't trust Freedom mobile network at all. Why doesn't Koodo or Virgin come up with this. Plus 18GB of Data. Holy shit.

Why only crappy Freedom Mobile have this?
You sure you can't put two and two together here?

Freedom is offering the $75 18GB plan with a free iPhone XR BECAUSE of Freedom's crappier network.

Koodo and Virgin haven't offered this BECAUSE of Koodo & Virgin's better network. They don't NEED to offer you a free expensive phone with 18GB of data because they know the value of their service. There's absolutely no competition between Freedom and the others...for now.

They don't need to offer it because of EXACTLY what you've said.

The only bonus you get for going with Freedom is unlimited dropped calls and service outages.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
May 10, 2008
204 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
This deal sounds great and has come at the perfect time since my cracked iPhone could die any moment.

Are there any Vancouverites here that are on Freedom Mobile that can comment on the reception? I rarely venture outside of Vancouver, Burnaby, and Richmond, but I do need the reception to be relatively reliable for work purposes. I'm currently on Rogers and just got notified that they are taking away my CORP 250. :'(

Any help/insight/comments would be highly appreciated by me. :)
Oct 14, 2017
519 posts
361 upvotes
Angel Girl wrote:
Jul 26th, 2019 2:56 am
This deal sounds great and has come at the perfect time since my cracked iPhone could die any moment.

Are there any Vancouverites here that are on Freedom Mobile that can comment on the reception? I rarely venture outside of Vancouver, Burnaby, and Richmond, but I do need the reception to be relatively reliable for work purposes. I'm currently on Rogers and just got notified that they are taking away my CORP 250. :'(

Signal is not bad, there are a few spots of the city with not-so-good reception (ie UBC) and in the malls but other than that its ok.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4273 posts
387 upvotes
Calgary
Angel Girl wrote:
Jul 26th, 2019 2:56 am

Perhaps best not to commit, and just get prepaid service for a month and see how it works for you. What works for others may not work for you depending on the routine locations you frequent.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"