• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2021 2:29 pm
35 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16570 posts
2989 upvotes
GTA
why do they list data twice in each plan? once under freedom data and once under freedom nationwide, with the latter saying speeds reduced after 500MB or 1GB depending on the plan... while on the left side it either doesn't say speeds reduced, or it will say speeds reduced after 15GB when the right side says something else???

and more importantly, is anyone else matching this or i have to port out?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
1600 posts
1679 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
actng wrote: why do they list data twice in each plan? once under freedom data and once under freedom nationwide, with the latter saying speeds reduced after 500MB or 1GB depending on the plan... while on the left side it either doesn't say speeds reduced, or it will say speeds reduced after 15GB when the right side says something else???
You get 13 or 14GB of data in Freedom Mobile coverage areas, and 500MB data while roaming. After that, you get data at a reduced rate on both options.
Nov 24, 2019
169 posts
357 upvotes
Been waiting for this, unfortunately no 1gb outside of areas which makes a trip a bit more annoying in terms of paying attention to your data. But tbh everywhere has wifi and with the money you are saving an extra data add-on won't make a dent.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2582 posts
2045 upvotes
Clarington
Will be awesome once Rogers is done buying them and then jacks up your price insanely.
Jul 30, 2019
106 posts
290 upvotes
Clarkson
Bawler wrote: Will be awesome once Rogers is done buying them and then jacks up your price insanely.
Hopefully, it won’t happen.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10234 posts
4866 upvotes
Toronto
Vovchyk wrote: Hopefully, it won’t happen.
Ofc it will happen. It happened when Rogers bought Mobilicity and killed them, made Chatr instead, switched people over and then jacked up everyones price up slowly

I would not go with Freedom anymore at this point unless you plan on switching again
Jul 30, 2019
106 posts
290 upvotes
Clarkson
ManCaveGamer wrote: Ofc it will happen. It happened when Rogers bought Mobilicity and killed them, made Chatr instead, switched people over and then jacked up everyones price up slowly

I would not go with Freedom anymore at this point unless you plan on switching again
Yes. It’s been lasting a long time. Why do the government do nothing?
Jul 29, 2015
171 posts
190 upvotes
Saskatoon
Shaw pumping up their numbers before the Rogers deal?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4940 posts
2345 upvotes
Markham
Nejynoah wrote: Shaw pumping up their numbers before the Rogers deal?
what for? The offer has been made already and one promotion isn't going to move the needle
Sep 27, 2008
893 posts
708 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: Ofc it will happen. It happened when Rogers bought Mobilicity and killed them, made Chatr instead, switched people over and then jacked up everyones price up slowly

This is a bad take. You should always plan on switching no matter the provider if you're not longer happy with them/the price. Same goes for home internet. Bell increases costs, go to Rogers (or the other way around) if they aren't willing to negotiate a good price. Loyalty to Bell/Rogers/Telus won't get you anything other than a larger bill.

Switching cell phone providers isn't even hard. You order the sim online, you get the sim and the number ports over. Takes no time.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2859 posts
1042 upvotes
I just switched to Freedom in January but on a worse promo. For those with more knowledge about Freedom, are these promos only for new subscribers, or are you locked in?
Jun 19, 2010
329 posts
442 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Of course we plan to switch again. This is RFD, we switch on a 2*365 day cycle for the best plan+phone+gift card deal.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
1057 posts
688 upvotes
Canada
I bet first thing Rogers going to remove is the Friends & Family discounts since it brought one of their best plans down $3x/month.
Getting a Wyze V3 Indoor / Outdoor Camera? SEE my FAQ Answers❗ ➡ CLICK HERE TO SEE MY POST

Telus: $45/25GB Unlimited Data [Multi Line + $5/24Mnth Disc.]
Freedom: Everywhere $50 18GB+1GB [F&F + Digital Disc.]
Fonus: Unltd CA/US/MEX Data FREE/Month
Sep 27, 2008
893 posts
708 upvotes

I don't think Wind/Freedom customers are actually valuable. Rogers wants the spectrum but the spectrum has complicated conditions so this isn't a done deal. When Mobilicity was bought out Rogers and to give Wind a significant amount of the spectrum. https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/ ... city-deal/

Shaws wireline business doesn't really matter and imo Shaw is more expensive and slower than Rogers (other than upload speeds as of 2020) so I don't really care about Rogers buying it but I don't think the gov should allow the transfer of spectrum from Freedom to Rogers. This spectrum was set aside for new entrants for a reason.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4829 posts
2329 upvotes
GTA
calgaryleb wrote: How about 5gb for 20$
Lol noooo, seems $40-50 is what these companies want at the minimum.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2009 posts
983 upvotes
Home

If it goes through there would no point in switching. All that would be left is the Robellus collusion.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2009 posts
983 upvotes
Home
shabby wrote: Lol noooo, seems $40-50 is what these companies want at the minimum.
yes that seems what they want so they can make *enough* profit per subscriber, the GBs dont really matter as its so cheap now. More of marketing thing from the their end.