Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] $19 for talk, text, and 1.5 GB of LTE data (no contract)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2020 4:31 pm
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14756 posts
2741 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
stormo wrote: Freedom has Wifi calling and voice over LTE which lucky and PM do not have and I found they are quite useful. The call is very clear and I haven't really missed a call so far.
Does that mean during COVID when we are spending time at home, all calls are routed over wifi at home?
Sep 19, 2018
11 posts
16 upvotes
I just went into the store and got this plan. I was charged $38 for the first month, the rep said he can't give me the sim for free ($10). He said the original plan price is for 29$ + tax. You get two 5$ discounts to pay 19$ + tax instead. The 1st 5$ discount is applied automatically starting from the 2nd billing cycle which is a limited time offer discount. The 2nd discount can be effective immediately whenever autopay is setup. So, if you are going to setup auto pay, you'll be paying 24$ + tax for the first month only, then it'll become 19$ + tax.
May 5, 2015
401 posts
302 upvotes
GVA
KInda of off topic

but Is freedoms BYOP plan
1gb+10gb bonus, unlimited talk, and text
a good deal for $35 a month.
or would I be able to find something better at that price range?
Feb 14, 2005
519 posts
120 upvotes
What’s the chance of something better being offered on Black Friday?
Oct 21, 2013
3 posts
Anyway can to waive the SIM card fees?is this monthly prepaid up front?
Nov 12, 2009
528 posts
599 upvotes
rocklee27 wrote: Anyway can to waive the SIM card fees?is this monthly prepaid up front?
Go to the freedom site to initiate chat under the prepaid section and ask for a free SIM. Prepaid means you pay first to get service.
Jan 13, 2012
392 posts
414 upvotes
Vancouver
weedb0y wrote: Does that mean during COVID when we are spending time at home, all calls are routed over wifi at home?
Depending on your phone and settings, yes. If you live in an apartment, or otherwise don't have great reception where you are, wifi calling can be a godsend.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2299 posts
602 upvotes
And don’t forget that when Covid ends and we can travel you can use Freedom Mobile’s Wi-Fi calling abroad for free instead of expensive roaming.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9279 posts
10811 upvotes
Vancouver
This is really tempting. Wife and I are each paying $7.50/month for 3GB of data with Fido, and $1.67/month for Canada-wide calling and SMS with Fongo. Been waiting for a plan that uses more reliable plain old cell service instead of VoIP that doesn't cost five times as much. This is only double, $10 more each per month. Might do it. 1.5 GB for each of us is more than enough.
Dec 1, 2003
166 posts
42 upvotes
Waterloo Region
I just did a chat with them and they are sending out 2 free Sim cards. Thanks for posting this..
Mar 17, 2015
212 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tampelley wrote: I just did a chat with them and they are sending out 2 free Sim cards. Thanks for posting this..
Can you port your existing number from Rogers?
Dec 1, 2003
166 posts
42 upvotes
Waterloo Region
She said We could port our old numbers. Also bring our own phones. I had to give her my IMEI number which you can obtain on your phone by dialing *#06#