Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] $19 for talk, text, and 1.5 GB of LTE data (no contract)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 1:38 am
Sep 22, 2019
50 posts
62 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Postpaid = They do a credit check and send you a bill at the end of the month. You pay for what you have used.
Prepaid = No credit check. You pay up front for what you have yet to use.
What's the benefit of going postpaid then?
Sep 12, 2013
92 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary
cream4389 wrote: when does this expire?
I just went into a Freedom store to inquire. Lady said it's been on a while now and probably won't end anytime soon. She said to wait til Black Friday. Last year the similar plan was $15/month but she isn't sure if it will be the same this year. So might want to hold off for another month to see the.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1032 posts
447 upvotes
Perth
ditachan wrote: How about fido? They have a tablet plan too for $5 after discount and includes 4gb
hmmmm... that sounds good too. I might have to look into that. ;)
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4110 posts
9550 upvotes
Quebec
THX OP

I paid 14$ for 100 min + 250mb with Public Mobile
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
Feb 8, 2020
15 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
The plan has been around for a while now. Freedom has decent service in GTA. Have been a customer for 2 years without issues..

Very good deal...
Jan 4, 2008
544 posts
251 upvotes
Mississauga
Black-Mamba wrote: I just went into a Freedom store to inquire. Lady said it's been on a while now and probably won't end anytime soon. She said to wait til Black Friday. Last year the similar plan was $15/month but she isn't sure if it will be the same this year. So might want to hold off for another month to see the.
For the Black Friday deals, I wonder if those will be a 12 month deal before turning into the full price after, or if it'll be just ongoing.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4110 posts
9550 upvotes
Quebec
I'm not sure to understand the network coverage

https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/network-coverage

Is it still intersting if I'm living in Quebec city? I'll be connected to a partner’s network?
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Sep 10, 2009
413 posts
238 upvotes
isrdum wrote: I'm not sure to understand the network coverage

Is it still intersting if I'm living in Quebec city? I'll be connected to a partner’s network?
Don’t get it if you’re anywhere in Quebec cause you’ll be roaming. The partner networks just means you’ll roam with whoever Freedom has partnered with. I think last time I was in Montreal, I was connected with Rogers and was using my roaming/national allotment in my Everything 50 plan
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4110 posts
9550 upvotes
Quebec
isrdum wrote: I'm not sure to understand the network coverage

Just contacted an Freedom Agent an he saids: The service gets cancelled if %50 of the usage is in Nationwide for 3 consecutive months.

Apr 1, 2020
13 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
stormo wrote: Freedom has Wifi calling and voice over LTE which lucky and PM do not have and I found they are quite useful. The call is very clear and I haven't really missed a call so far.
yeah, this is my only reason for not switching to pm's cheapest plan, I'm afraid I wouldn't have any good reception @home, while I'm pretty much sure I'll never miss a call w/ wifi-calling on freedom
Jun 15, 2020
187 posts
215 upvotes
Ontario
isrdum wrote: Just contacted an Freedom Agent an he saids: The service gets cancelled if %50 of the usage is in Nationwide for 3 consecutive months.
I don't believe that's how it works for Prepaid plans, since all predpaid plans are Nationwide by default (so you can use the data anywhere). They advertise the nationwide part heavily so I don't think this rule applies to Prepaid plans.
Jan 9, 2018
46 posts
102 upvotes
any1th3r3 wrote: yeah, this is my only reason for not switching to pm's cheapest plan, I'm afraid I wouldn't have any good reception @home, while I'm pretty much sure I'll never miss a call w/ wifi-calling on freedom
PM is using the full Telus/Bell network nationally so you won't be piggybacking on other networks for you calls. I don't see the risk of missing calls vs Freedom which has such a smaller network. Freedom is great value is certain circumstances because it is not as robust a network.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9319 posts
10876 upvotes
Vancouver
Can't believe Freedom is insisting on delivering this by courier with signature required, and the delivery company making delivery attempts during the day on weekdays when nobody is home. I called Freedom and they refuse to send by regular mail. Courier is going to return to sender if we do not make ourselves available to be home to sign during the day. Delivery time is "an estimated 2-6 business days"...they expect us to take a week's vacation or something? This is ridiculous...for SIM cards?