Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] 35$ for 11gb of Data and free Samsung A21 phone when you port to Freedom from Fido or Rogers

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 11:38 am
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1584 posts
1511 upvotes
mdzakin wrote: Is there any way to avoid to pay $30 transaction fee??

Some customers have been able to live chat or phone Freedom mobile rep to sign up and get the fee waived. Might be able to do in store, but YMMV. Does not hurt to ask.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Member
Aug 6, 2009
400 posts
136 upvotes
LovinIt wrote: If anybody has any luck with a port out from Rogers into freedom triggering a win back 25 GB promotion from Rogers posted here and let us know.
I couldn't wait for the winback call so I called them instead.

I ported out to Freedom Oct 21 and I callwd them earlier this afternoon. I got offered $45 / 25 GB less 20% + $300 device credit + tablet for 2 years. All in for roughly $41 per month.

When I phoned, it didn't even ring and someone answered. I was asked what plan I had and mentioned Shaw $45 / 25 GB eventhough I had Freedom $14 Talk n Text. The whole deal took about 20 mins. The sim card will get to me within 2 - 5 business days, the tablet 2 - 4 weeks.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1985 posts
1428 upvotes
Dealgains wrote: Time to make Fido/Rogers give free 5 GB data addons lol
If they ever go after Bell/Virgin next... I can’t see Bell giving out the same 5GB data addons to every customer with $35+ plans... :(

Their loyalty department blows!...
Newbie
Jan 14, 2013
53 posts
58 upvotes
Thanks for sharing! what number did u call to discuss about the "win back"?

I was curious about the "it didn't even ring" part. Thanks!
Member
Aug 30, 2018
337 posts
125 upvotes
olwe wrote: I couldn't wait for the winback call so I called them instead.

I ported out to Freedom Oct 21 and I callwd them earlier this afternoon. I got offered $45 / 25 GB less 20% + $300 device credit + tablet for 2 years. All in for roughly $41 per month.

When I phoned, it didn't even ring and someone answered. I was asked what plan I had and mentioned Shaw $45 / 25 GB eventhough I had Freedom $14 Talk n Text. The whole deal took about 20 mins. The sim card will get to me within 2 - 5 business days, the tablet 2 - 4 weeks.
Which province are you in?
Member
Aug 6, 2009
400 posts
136 upvotes
1 (833) 892-3338

Found that number in the other Rogers thread in the Ongoing Deals if i remember correctly.

I'm in BC.
Newbie
Aug 19, 2015
49 posts
10 upvotes
yoursamit21 wrote: Anyone got the extra data from Fido Reps?
I tried a few different agents on chat mentioning how Freedom is targeting Fido/Rogers customers. Started at the $45 1GB plan, was able to get 5GB data bonus (permanent), $10 discount for $12 months, and an additional 3GB for 3 months. So I’ll be paying $35 for 9GB till end of the year and then $35/6GB till end of Oct. 2021. All on BYOD. Just have to keep trying different reps until you get a nice one
Newbie
Dec 25, 2012
15 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Does this come with roaming data when you leave freedom network? For example northern Ontario.
Newbie
Feb 18, 2020
28 posts
39 upvotes
Just wanted to give people an update.
1. I was with Rogers.
2. Switched to this plan got the A21 Samsung phone.
3. Rogers win-back called me back and offered me $45 15GB plan. No contract and they are waiving the activation fee.
4. I am now waiting for the new Rogers sim card to port my number back and will be returning the Freedom mobile phone within the 15 day grace period.

Reason I switched back: Phone call quality and clarity seemed better on Rogers. LTE is very slow on Freedom, roughly about 1/3rd the speed of Rogers LTE. Only $10 more for 15GB as I was paying $60 with 10GB for Rogers.
Last edited by NathanP29246 on Oct 30th, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 20, 2004
3186 posts
762 upvotes
Calgary
NathanP29246 wrote: Just wanted to give people an update.
1. I was with Rogers.
2. Switched to this plan got the A21 Samsung phone.
3. Rogers win-back called me back and offered me $45 15GB plan. No contract and they are waiving the activation fee.
4. I am now waiting for the new Rogers sim card to port my number back and will be returning the Freedom mobile phone within the 15 day grace period.

Reason I switched back: Phone call quality and clarity seemed better on Freedom. LTE is very slow on Freedom, roughly about 1/3rd the speed of Rogers LTE. Only $10 more for 15GB as I was paying $60 with 10GB for Rogers.
Watch out for that grace period. I was told it has to be back to them by the 15th day. And they take forever to process the items (coincidentally I am sure). I’ve had to escalate to find out what happened to my returned phone.

I’ll be doing in store transactions from now on.
Newbie
Feb 18, 2020
28 posts
39 upvotes
lewdvig wrote: Watch out for that grace period. I was told it has to be back to them by the 15th day. And they take forever to process the items (coincidentally I am sure). I’ve had to escalate to find out what happened to my returned phone.

I’ll be doing in store transactions from now on.
Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely be returning the phone in store now. I should definitely get some sort of return "receipt".

Top