Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] 35$ for 11gb of Data when you port to freedom from Koodo Or Telus

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 4:27 pm
Oct 9, 2010
2 posts
2 upvotes
Canada
Anybody having trouble with callbacks? I requested a callback twice (both 8:30pm EST) and both times no one picked up after I was contacted for a call back. The second time I let the call ring until they hung up on me.
Sep 13, 2008
847 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
roofgoof wrote: Scheduled call for this evening. Call came 6 minutes late than scheduled time.

The representative took 10 minutes to verify identity by asking 6 different questions and that I should change my phone PIN periodically. When asked for the deal finally, put me on hold for 3 minutes and transferred me to loyalty 2 minutes later. The loyalty person came on and logged into his system. Took 1.5 minute.

Then comes and says I can add 5GB on-top of your existing plan for free. I said OK, that's fine as based on what I saw here that's the best most of the people got. He took 15-20 seconds and then I was off the call.

Total Call Time: 18 minutes 35 seconds.

https://imgur.com/a/Jgwvzcd
I had about the exact same experience. Except my callback was 25 minutes late. My wife had the same experience, but callback was 10 minutes late.

Thanks for your post!
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1397 posts
526 upvotes
Midland
roofgoof wrote: Scheduled call for this evening. Call came 6 minutes late than scheduled time.

The representative took 10 minutes to verify identity by asking 6 different questions and that I should change my phone PIN periodically. When asked for the deal finally, put me on hold for 3 minutes and transferred me to loyalty 2 minutes later. The loyalty person came on and logged into his system. Took 1.5 minute.

Then comes and says I can add 5GB on-top of your existing plan for free. I said OK, that's fine as based on what I saw here that's the best most of the people got. He took 15-20 seconds and then I was off the call.

Great deal! What’s call control? Too lazy to google now.
Aug 16, 2013
522 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
joe2k1 wrote: Great deal! What’s call control? Too lazy to google now.
Robocaller protection. Basically, you can whitelist up to 25 contacts on your own. Rest would need to pass a check like 2FA where Call Control would give a random number between 1-9. If they enter the correct digit, their call would get through after authorization. It has helped me a lot. All useless marketing, CRA and other scam calls have gone away.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2012
1010 posts
365 upvotes

what was the reason for your call? cancel or looking for offers? thanks!
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Oct 18, 2012
322 posts
417 upvotes
OTTAWA
FalconStrike1 wrote: I just switched from freedom to Koodo... $39 with 9GB data.

Freedom network is not that great. there is so many blind spots in toronto.
Damn, I would think that Toronto would at least be their best coverage area. I guess not. I had to leave Freedom as my main line in Ottawa as it is garbage. I just put Freedom as the main line for my parents because the plans are dirt cheap for them and they rarely use it.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13788 posts
3957 upvotes
VANCOUVER
demzie wrote: what was the reason for your call? cancel or looking for offers? thanks!
I always say "Looking for offers" because I don't want to paint myself into a corner.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9810 posts
4744 upvotes

Does the add on expire?
Did you inquire about tab eligibility?
Telus $45 25GB
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
6674 posts
4753 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: I was able to get the add on and still have 1yr left on my tab
I was able to get the add-on as well, but got a cheaper plan ($35) if I paid off my tab first.
Sep 13, 2008
847 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
McLaren__F1 wrote: Does the add on expire?
Did you inquire about tab eligibility?
5GB add-on does not expire. The rep told me it will stay on until I change my plan.
Sep 13, 2008
847 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
demzie wrote: what was the reason for your call? cancel or looking for offers? thanks!
The Freedommobile website has the ad promoting port from Telus/Koodo to Freedom. Just say you saw the ad on their website. My wife's rep quickly verified and transferred her to retentions. Whereas my rep told me that I could change my plan to $35 and 6BG, from $40 and 8GB. I asked why would I do that. He told me that is the response from Koodo. I told him to please transfer me to retentions - which he did.
Jan 13, 2009
428 posts
293 upvotes
Concrete Jungle
roofgoof wrote: Robocaller protection. Basically, you can whitelist up to 25 contacts on your own. Rest would need to pass a check like 2FA where Call Control would give a random number between 1-9. If they enter the correct digit, their call would get through after authorization. It has helped me a lot. All useless marketing, CRA and other scam calls have gone away.
Is this an app or a service cause I need this!
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2090 posts
1324 upvotes
Cambridge
sneak_around wrote: Is this an app or a service cause I need this!
This is a feature Koodo offers if you turn it on in your Self-Serve account page.
May 25, 2013
4 posts
9 upvotes
Guess I'm one of the rare posters who actually ported out to FM.

Had two lines on Koodo's 11gb for $55, called in 3 times to try and get a better deal. First two times both CSR & loyalty dept couldn't offer me anything better. Last time I landed with a loyalty rep who offered $50 for 4gb + 5gb, or $45 for 2gb + 5gb. Couldn't do anything for $40--probably these guys have a mandate to keep your bill within $10 of what it currently is.

Ended up porting out to FM. Service so far (midtown Toronto) seems great, and being able to get service on the subway is a nice plus.

Will update if Koodo calls me back with any kind of winback deal.
Feb 21, 2006
32 posts
33 upvotes
Thanks OP! Was able to add the $0 / 5GB addon without any issues to both my lines ($35/5 and $40/6). Scheduled call back with automated chat and said i wanted to cancel.

Whole process took maybe 10 minutes.
Jan 13, 2009
280 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks to Freedom Mobile for the competition and a big thanks to OP and all the Koodo users who called into Koodo and then posted here! 👍🏼
Jan 13, 2009
280 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
darshie wrote: Guess I'm one of the rare posters who actually ported out to FM.

Had two lines on Koodo's 11gb for $55, called in 3 times to try and get a better deal. First two times both CSR & loyalty dept couldn't offer me anything better. Last time I landed with a loyalty rep who offered $50 for 4gb + 5gb, or $45 for 2gb + 5gb. Couldn't do anything for $40--probably these guys have a mandate to keep your bill within $10 of what it currently is.

Ended up porting out to FM. Service so far (midtown Toronto) seems great, and being able to get service on the subway is a nice plus.

Will update if Koodo calls me back with any kind of winback deal.
If the deal price and service works out for you, then nothing wrong with porting out!
Mar 3, 2018
25 posts
75 upvotes
I'm curious. Does Koodo typically offer Black Friday plan deals? Any chance something better than $0 5GB will be offered next month?
Koodo $41 - 13GB+1000 Intl LD
Mar 5, 2018
108 posts
67 upvotes
Ottawa
Was going to contact koodo on twitter. Checked their tweets and replies and saw this...

*Shaking my head*

First rule of RFD, is you don't talk about RFD.
Images
  • Screenshot_20201014-101218.jpg
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3990 posts
940 upvotes
Markham
heyneighbours wrote: Was going to contact koodo on twitter. Checked their tweets and replies and saw this...

*Shaking my head*

First rule of RFD, is you don't talk about RFD.
Too much attention and they will kill this. I called for another line and they are starting to push back. To my surprised they are now saying the Freedom deal is not nationwide data etc... That was surprising because my previous experience, and most people I know, have been simple and straight forward.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.