Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] 35$ for 11gb of Data when you port to freedom from Koodo Or Telus

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 4:27 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
1060 posts
249 upvotes
Kingston
vgharaei77222432 wrote: So my luck looks as follows:
1) I got 11 months to go on my contract, thus 11 months of $15 Tab left
2) Currently on a $60 12GB plan. Told the rep that I saw the freedom offer and am looking to reduce my monthly bill as I don't use that kind of data - have not for a long time
3) She put me on hold and came back with $35 for 6GB (1+5GB), my contract stays for 11 months, my tab does as well and my initial phone credit too. So I am basically reducing my bill by $25 a month.
4) I asked about the 1000 LD minutes I still had included, as I do call family in Germany a lot. She tried keeping that intact and was unable to do so while I was waiting on the phone. She will call me back with the result.

So hopefully I simply go from $60/12 to $35/6 without any other changes. Thus reducing my overall bill of $84 per month to $56, so $28 * 11 = $308 saved for the rest of my contract period.

EDIT: just got the callback. All confirmed, already shows up in my SelfServe online.
How did you get $35 plan for Tab mild/medium (i.e., $15/M)? I thought the minimal is $45 plan.
Member
Jan 13, 2009
280 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
Getting a good loyalty rep is helpful Winking Face
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
9827 posts
4534 upvotes
Toronto
anyone know if your tab eligibility may change if adding the 5 gigs with koodo?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Newbie
Feb 26, 2018
34 posts
23 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: anyone know if your tab eligibility may change if adding the 5 gigs with koodo?
It shouldn't if your base plan is tab eligible. The 5GB is just an add-on.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 28, 2005
1724 posts
147 upvotes
Just talked with koodo, they only offered me $35 1gb plan + 5gb add on. I turned them down. The guy was from loyalty apparently. They refused to give me 7gb for $35.

I got a plan offer for $30 for 1gb on my account and I asked him if he could give me a better plan and they said there was nothing they could do for me, except give me $75 off a new phone. He also told me this plan was rare and that most plans require a $35 a month or more in order to get a new phone, as if $30 for 1gb was cheap lol (can you say ripoff).

I think after getting my next phone with koodo I'm outta here.

This company just gets worse and worse over time.
Newbie
Dec 21, 2019
38 posts
3 upvotes
I did not mention anything about rfd because it always seemed to be the unwritten rule but just curious as to why this is the case?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35228 posts
21213 upvotes
Center of Universe
Emily0123 wrote: I did not mention anything about rfd because it always seemed to be the unwritten rule but just curious as to why this is the case?
Pretty simple...it creates unnecessary attention.
Now a curious rep will look into it further, possibly escalates it to the manager and find out it's only for accounts with a high ARPU etc...
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1403 posts
531 upvotes
Midland
Emily0123 wrote: I did not mention anything about rfd because it always seemed to be the unwritten rule but just curious as to why this is the case?
Or worse is it generates a company wide memo, saying do not offer this to anyone.
Member
Jan 13, 2009
280 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
wolf30 wrote: Just talked with koodo, they only offered me $35 1gb plan + 5gb add on. I turned them down. The guy was from loyalty apparently. They refused to give me 7gb for $35.

I got a plan offer for $30 for 1gb on my account and I asked him if he could give me a better plan and they said there was nothing they could do for me, except give me $75 off a new phone. He also told me this plan was rare and that most plans require a $35 a month or more in order to get a new phone, as if $30 for 1gb was cheap lol (can you say ripoff).

I think after getting my next phone with koodo I'm outta here.

This company just gets worse and worse over time.
Try another rep maybe?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35228 posts
21213 upvotes
Center of Universe
sanman9 wrote: Try another rep maybe?
I think that asshat who name dropped RFD on social media killed it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 28, 2005
1724 posts
147 upvotes
sanman9 wrote: Try another rep maybe?
I think the deal got killed by that person that mentioned it to koodo on twitter. Anyways, the rep said that they are going to have some better deals come black Friday (we'll see) so I'll wait until then to call them back. He put a $75 credit on my account for a phone upgrade that will expire at the end of this month (kind of pointless since there's no deals on phones at the moment).
Member
Apr 10, 2020
273 posts
1045 upvotes
wolf30 wrote: I think the deal got killed by that person that mentioned it to koodo on twitter. Anyways, the rep said that they are going to have some better deals come black Friday (we'll see) so I'll wait until then to call them back. He put a $75 credit on my account for a phone upgrade that will expire at the end of this month (kind of pointless since there's no deals on phones at the moment).
Yeah seems like it. The guy deleted his Twitter account. Ruined it for all of us.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 28, 2005
3199 posts
780 upvotes
I think they are starting to clamp down on the plans they're giving out. All I can say is that the door is closing slowly.

Make that call soon instead of asking RFD, "Oh do you think they'll give me this plan?" or "Will they let me keep this addon?"

Just call and get it done. If you don't get what you want, tell them no thanks and call back, or wait for something better to come along.

The more people call, the lower chance you'll have at getting something decent.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2007
1246 posts
110 upvotes
Ontario
joe2k1 wrote: Or worse is it generates a company wide memo, saying do not offer this to anyone.
This is usually the most common reason. I’ve been on RFD for a quite a while and it’s the lurkers who are unfamiliar about RFD and mention RFD that ruin a good deal. I note that the person has since deleted their tweet and their tweets are private now.

If you know someone was offered a good deal, always be persistent. Call back and try another rep.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 24, 2016
1567 posts
1630 upvotes
Wolfdale wrote: Not necessarily true.

My agent let me keep the $0/2gb add-on and let me transfer my other $15/6gb add-on, in addition to the new $0/5g add-on.

Add-ons on add-ons.
ah didn't think so but i was helping my sister get the add on. Originally the plan was 40 for 6gb pm migration. I managed to make a rep add 2gb to the plan. But when I asked for the 5gb extra the rep was like the system will not allow me to keep the 5gb and 2gb... I knew it was bs because I saw people with 1gb+ 2gb before. But I didn't feel like making a big deal about it since my sister wasn't going to call koodo and she's happy with the extra 3gb. If it was one of my own lines however...
Sr. Member
Jan 26, 2004
963 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
I was able to get this around 6pm est. I was able to get reps that didn't give me any fuss and added it for me. I'm on the $40 for 8gb plan.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
1328 posts
53 upvotes
Was able to get the deal on both my $35/5gb lines. Now getting $35/10gb. What a deal. Thanks all.
Member
User avatar
Aug 20, 2019
421 posts
269 upvotes
Edmonton
Contacted Koodo through Facebook Messenger today. Asked me to verify my account by clicking a link they sent me & then asked what province I was from.

Mentioned Freedom Mobile's offer to Koodo customers of $35/11GB & Koodo just flat out told me they don't price match in their policies.

Said the best they could offer me was the $45/7GB plan I already had & tried to convince me that my plan was already even better than average because I had the $0/1000 mins Long Distance add-on.

Don't know if it was a bad rep or if they just stopped offering the $0/5GB Add-On anymore.

Sigh.
Last edited by kapid11 on Oct 14th, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8/10 times I just decide I don't need to buy & find a way to make do without. (Necessity is the mother of invention)

"Works 60% of the time every time."
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35228 posts
21213 upvotes
Center of Universe
kapid11 wrote: Contacted Koodo through Facebook Messenger today. Asked me to verify my account by clicking a link they sent me & then asked what province I was from.

Said the best they could offer me was the $45/7GB plan I already had & tried to convince me that my plan was already even better than average because I had the $0/1000 mins Long Distance add-on.

Don't know if it was a bad rep or if they just stopped offering the $0/5GB Add-On anymore.

Sigh.
Try callback.
Member
User avatar
Aug 20, 2019
421 posts
269 upvotes
Edmonton
vkizzle wrote: Try callback.
Tried again on Twitter and got a rep by the same name again, as I did on Facebook Messenger. Someone named Clau.

Will try a callback later.
8/10 times I just decide I don't need to buy & find a way to make do without. (Necessity is the mother of invention)

"Works 60% of the time every time."

Top