Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] 35$ for 11gb of Data when you port to freedom from Koodo Or Telus

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 4:27 pm
Newbie
Oct 15, 2020
12 posts
11 upvotes
*update* switched my other phone number (freedom) to koodo and got 29$/4GB for 24 months, unlimited text/minutes + 1000min LD. Apparently Koodo also has a promotion going on if you switch from Freedom to Koodo. The rep gave me an option 35$/10g or 29$/4g. Since I rarely use over 2g, I took 29$.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5392 posts
3458 upvotes
AndrewK9078 wrote: *update* switched my other phone number (freedom) to koodo and got 29$/4GB for 24 months, unlimited text/minutes + 1000min LD. Apparently Koodo also has a promotion going on if you switch from Freedom to Koodo. The rep gave me an option 35$/10g or 29$/4g. Since I rarely use over 2g, I took 29$.
How much is the plan after 2 years for the $35 10gb and your $29 4gb?
Newbie
Oct 15, 2020
12 posts
11 upvotes
mech9t5 wrote: How much is the plan after 2 years for the $35 10gb and your $29 4gb?
45$ 2 GB unlimited is the plan - 16$ for 24 months. (-11$ for 24 months and -5$ +2gb free data for 24 months)
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
1048 posts
229 upvotes
Kingston
Is Koodo only allowed plan change once every bill cycle?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 26, 2012
107 posts
129 upvotes
Nepean
Decided to add a second plan to Koodo. Signed up last night and waited for my account intro and phone number today. Did a callback today through chat and was offered $35 for 6 GB or $45 for 12 GB. I took the $35 option.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
2697 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga
hoogs33 wrote: Decided to add a second plan to Koodo. Signed up last night and waited for my account intro and phone number today. Did a callback today through chat and was offered $35 for 6 GB or $45 for 12 GB. I took the $35 option.
what how did you get the $45 12GB plan, where are you located? i was trying but they wouldnt budge
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 26, 2012
107 posts
129 upvotes
Nepean
Haris wrote: what how did you get the $45 12GB plan, where are you located? i was trying but they wouldnt budge
I’m in Ottawa.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 15, 2016
6490 posts
2176 upvotes
For those on the 35 plan. Any of you on a tab?
Jr. Member
Nov 26, 2009
120 posts
31 upvotes
wing0 wrote: You just simply asked for the LD minutes and they didn't refuse?
I thought they don't give this out unless you signed up at a 3rd party kiosk.
I was surprised. I already had the LD add on, and I asked if I could have it included in the $35 price.
Newbie
Apr 19, 2016
11 posts
2 upvotes
Managed to get 5gb addon to my $35/5gb plan. Scheduled a callback through their website, rep asked a few questions about the freedom offer, whole process took about 20 minutes. Thanks everyone
Newbie
Apr 19, 2016
11 posts
2 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: For those on the 35 plan. Any of you on a tab?
Byop currently. I mentioned that I would potentially want an iphone 12 tab, and was told that the 35 plan is only eligible for tab basic. You would have to renegotiate for a more expensive plan for the other tabs, and the 5gb addon would drop. I'm planning on buying the iphone 12 outright and stick with the 35, so didn't bother.
Newbie
Aug 8, 2011
10 posts
VERDUN
Does 35$ for 11gb of Data include unlimited calls already?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13758 posts
3921 upvotes
VANCOUVER
jackiemon wrote: Does 35$ for 11gb of Data include unlimited calls already?
Yes. They pretty much all do.
Sr. Member
Aug 16, 2020
512 posts
87 upvotes
AndrewK9078 wrote: *update* switched my other phone number (freedom) to koodo and got 29$/4GB for 24 months, unlimited text/minutes + 1000min LD. Apparently Koodo also has a promotion going on if you switch from Freedom to Koodo. The rep gave me an option 35$/10g or 29$/4g. Since I rarely use over 2g, I took 29$.
Is there a slow speed unlimited after 4gb lte gets over?

Is there a tax on $29 or tax is inclusive?
Member
Apr 10, 2020
260 posts
983 upvotes
newuserhere wrote: Is there a slow speed unlimited after 4gb lte gets over?
There is shock-free data on the plan. Once you use up the 4GB, you can't use it until you pay more for additional data.
newuserhere wrote: Is there a tax on $29 or tax is inclusive?
Since when have you seen a plan in Canada where the tax is included?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 24, 2016
1555 posts
1623 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: For those on the 35 plan. Any of you on a tab?
I have two account on a tab with 14 months left managed to the add on both of them. Helped my sister get the add on too and she is on a tab. You have to tell them that freedom is giving you an offer for 35 for 11gb specifically because you are a Koodo customer.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
9724 posts
4379 upvotes
Toronto
friedriz wrote: Byop currently. I mentioned that I would potentially want an iphone 12 tab, and was told that the 35 plan is only eligible for tab basic. You would have to renegotiate for a more expensive plan for the other tabs, and the 5gb addon would drop. I'm planning on buying the iphone 12 outright and stick with the 35, so didn't bother.
sad they would remove the add on if you get a new phone on tab :(
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Member
Jun 1, 2011
259 posts
151 upvotes
Fredericton
anyone outside ON / BC able to get a data add on?

was told the offers were not available for NB
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2417 posts
714 upvotes
Gta
Thank everyone . Scheduled a callback with koodo and got a call within 10 min. I was on the 40/6 g plan and told them about the freedom mobile offer.they offered 2 options. Add 5 g to my existing 6g for same price of 40 or take 35 bucks for 6g. I don’t care about extra data cause I never use my existing 6g anyway so I took the 35 dollar option since I’d rather have more money in my pocket that extra data lying around . Lol
Koodo member
Newbie
May 3, 2016
14 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks everyone, just an update - last week I was able to get 5gb add on to my $40 8gb for my line, as well as got help from the rep to port my wife public line to an in market plan $45 2gb and add 5gb. Today, i brought up the freedom offer again for my wifes line and was able to get an even better deal $35 1Gb and add 5gb. Because the rep was nice, I was able to help switch my in law's plan to the $35 1gb and add 5gb as well.

Top